How did you get into anime?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Dravencour

Re: How did you get into anime?

#121 Post by Dravencour » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:48 am

I believe my introduction to anime came with Toonami during the late 90s and early 2000s, though I primarily heard about it through the internet. My first two anime movies that I remember were Akira and Ghost in the Shell, two quite violent cyberpunk flicks. I also ended up catching a show on cable called Cyber City Oedo 808, which was also quite violent as hell. Hentai stuff was out of my reach for a while, thankfully. My favorite series back in the day were Dragon Ball Z (though its reputation for dragging out plots did turn me off after a while), Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, and Cowboy Bebop. Bebop was especially a joy to watch, as I was on a huge John Woo kick back then, and several of the episodes had Spike going up against the Red Dragon in Heroic Bloodshed fashion.

Czero

#122 Post by Czero » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm

A long time ago :)
"The weight of the world wasn’t made for one man, woman, or machine, it was made for all of us to bear together. If it weren’t that way, I’d imagine the world would be a lot different. It isn’t though, so for us to look at the future. We must do it together because we make or break it all"

"Three's a crowd, but two's a memory."

Ermytarya

#123 Post by Ermytarya » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:51 pm

i grow up watching anime on tv, so i guess its not like i got into anime since i watched it since i was a child, now that am old i dont watch anime anymore just a few jewells i have found that all, the anime nowdays its not of my liking.