How did you get into anime?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Dravencour

Re: How did you get into anime?

#121 Post by Dravencour » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:48 am

I believe my introduction to anime came with Toonami during the late 90s and early 2000s, though I primarily heard about it through the internet. My first two anime movies that I remember were Akira and Ghost in the Shell, two quite violent cyberpunk flicks. I also ended up catching a show on cable called Cyber City Oedo 808, which was also quite violent as hell. Hentai stuff was out of my reach for a while, thankfully. My favorite series back in the day were Dragon Ball Z (though its reputation for dragging out plots did turn me off after a while), Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, and Cowboy Bebop. Bebop was especially a joy to watch, as I was on a huge John Woo kick back then, and several of the episodes had Spike going up against the Red Dragon in Heroic Bloodshed fashion.

Czero

#122 Post by Czero » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm

A long time ago :)
Visual novel lover and maker...

Works in progress: Standpoint viewtopic.php?f=59&t=51369&p=493414

I'm looking for writing work viewtopic.php?f=63&t=50859

Ermytarya
Regular

#123 Post by Ermytarya » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:51 pm

i grow up watching anime on tv, so i guess its not like i got into anime since i watched it since i was a child, now that am old i dont watch anime anymore just a few jewells i have found that all, the anime nowdays its not of my liking.

Czero

#124 Post by Czero » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:35 am

Ermytarya wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:51 pm
i grow up watching anime on tv, so i guess its not like i got into anime since i watched it since i was a child, now that am old i dont watch anime anymore just a few jewells i have found that all, the anime nowdays its not of my liking.
A very understandable sentiment, truly.
Visual novel lover and maker...

Works in progress: Standpoint viewtopic.php?f=59&t=51369&p=493414

I'm looking for writing work viewtopic.php?f=63&t=50859

Wilfong

#125 Post by Wilfong » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:32 am

Back in highschool, a friend of mine kept talking about Anime and I just remember looking at him all confused because I didn't know what he was talking about. But once I started watching the shows he was talking about, I was instantly hooked.

CC_LoreBeast
Completed: Jaw Breakers: The Confection Connection
Organization: CatComb Studio
itch: catcombstudio

#126 Post by CC_LoreBeast » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:52 am

I think the first anime I ever watched was Pokemon, way back in the day. But that was before I even realised it was Japanese.

The first anime I intentionally watched was Naruto, after my older brother recommended it to me, and I've been obsessed ever since.