Last game you played?

For the rest of your otaku life.
GoooLJ

Re: Last game you played?

#361 Post by GoooLJ » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:01 am

I'm a big fan of Pokemon go. The Pokemon series was my favorite when I was a child. But unfortunately now I don't have much time for catching 'em on the streets. It made me find some other Pokemon-based games. Here is the article about one that I currently playing using my Android device. Not Pokemon Go but still very interesting.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends
Projects: Connection Pending
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#362 Post by Morhighan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:20 am

I am playing a horror VN called Neighbor, which just came out on Steam. I love the atmosphere, so creepy. It reminds me of Japanese horror like Ringu and Ju-on. The translation and localization is fantastic.

DannX
Regular

#363 Post by DannX » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:31 pm

I had a sudden idea this weekend. It was about a game I played about two years ago and never got to finish, Analogue: A Hate Story by Christine Love. I suddenly rembered it by chance, remembered how deeply it left an impact in my heart, it opened my idiot teenager's eyes into things I never even considered before, it made me cry like never a game before has, hell, it was practically the game that made me love visual novels and storytelling as I do now.

It started bugging me that I had never been able to reach a ceirtain ending, plus I wanted to read it now with my improved knowledge of English, so I was planning giving it a try once again. And I thought, hey, I haven't played any of Christine's earlier games, why not do so now?

And I've spent this week doing just that. Sunday I played Digital A Love Story, and absolutely loved it. Monday to Tuesday was Don't take it personally babe. It was OK, I really enjoyed it, not as much as the others but it is definitely a very good and interesting game. Then I started Analogue once again. Once again, I reached the part when I was stuck trying to reach the 5th ending. I knew I was missing something obvious.

And today, just now, after so many years I finally figured out what I needed to do. It was not straightforward, but the game actually hinted at it a couple times, I just hadn't realized and I seriously want to punch myself for not doing so before. Christine Love is a genius. I don't know what else to say. Analogue is an amazing game, and I finally feel I've cleared it.