I want to send fan mail to a certain japanese game company which game series I really like

For the rest of your otaku life.
Showakun

I want to send fan mail to a certain japanese game company which game series I really like

#1 Post by Showakun »

I have always wanted to send a very specific fan mail to the company which makes a game series I am a big fan of.
The problem is, I don't know Japanese and I don't know anyone who knows. Plus I don't have any company emails for such things.
Do you know anyone who would translate it for me for free perhaps?
For some reason, as naïve as it may be, I worry about that game's future and think that perhaps you know, a grain of sand like this
may at least point out the company in its direction. Or maybe they will allow a site like Siliconera to publish it so other fans may agree and kind of...dunno, create some noise.
The game has a big personal meaning to me.

afu
Regular
Completed: \(^o^)/
Tumblr: afusushi

Re: I want to send fan mail to a certain japanese game company which game series I really like

#2 Post by afu »

If you're still looking for help, I can take a look.
Please note that depending on what you're sending however, there is no guarantee that they will reply back other than a "thank you for your message" auto message.
(*´﹃`*) Commissions Open! Art samples: afuji.org
Looking to work on otome games~ (indie or commercial)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Showakun

Re: I want to send fan mail to a certain japanese game company which game series I really like

#3 Post by Showakun »

afu wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:04 pm If you're still looking for help, I can take a look.
Please note that depending on what you're sending however, there is no guarantee that they will reply back other than a "thank you for your message" auto message.

I am not expecting a reply at all. With them receiving probably thousands of such messages a year, I don't think of myself as special enough to be replied to, lol, I am not that delusional. What I am aiming for (if at all) is probably, possibly my letter being included with OTHERs' letters in a compilation during the game's anniversary or something. Or maybe they'll publish it on their official twitter. In any case, I just want to proclaim my love for this game. Sometimes you just want to. Why? Well, because it's special to me and I am also a pretty ill person who often thinks about the future.

Also, yeah, I think I may ask you to take a look at my letter quite soon. It will be quite lengthy though and I am planning to add pictures since I am an artist. I know a bit of japanese myself actually, but I mostly read, my grammar is too bad for writing. The letter will include a lot of terminology from the game, I will provide you with katakana glossary for some lore terms. The letter itself will be a bit emotional and over the top in places, will you agree to this kind of work? :)

afu
Regular
Completed: \(^o^)/
Tumblr: afusushi

#4 Post by afu »

hey sorry for the late reply, was away from the pc for a bit. I'll reply back via PM!
(*´﹃`*) Commissions Open! Art samples: afuji.org
Looking to work on otome games~ (indie or commercial)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Cereal Guy
Discord: Cereal Guy#0120

#5 Post by Cereal Guy »

Showakun wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:05 am
afu wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:04 pm If you're still looking for help, I can take a look.
I am not expecting a reply at all. With them receiving probably thousands of such messages a year, I don't think of myself as special enough to be replied to, lol, I am not that delusional.
But aren't you being quite delusional by wanting to send a thankful letter to a company who wouldn't know you exist, even if they held your letter in their hand, before thrashing it two seconds later?