RPGs with affection levels/dating sim element?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Sugarsnap

RPGs with affection levels/dating sim element?

#1 Post by Sugarsnap »

I'm wondering if you guys could suggest me RPG-style games that have affection levels or dating sim-like elements~

I already know about Ar Tonelico, The Harvest Moon/Rune Factory series, Tales of Symphonia (LOVEDDD this game), Star Ocean series, Final Fantasy 7/8/10, Avalon Code, the Summon Night series, and the Persona series.

x__x Yes, long listtt. Can't find anything else out there except things on systems that I don't have D:

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: RPGs with affection levels/dating sim element?

#2 Post by LVUER »

- Thousand Arms (PSX)
- Sakura Taisen series (Saturn, Dreamcast)
- Mana Khemia series (PS2) - not really dating, but still worth to play
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#3 Post by papillon »

dragon age and various other bioware rpgs, planet stronghold? :)

What systems do you want to find games on?

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

Are you only looking for games in English? If so, here's some RPG/relationship games in English that haven't already been mentioned:

* If you have a Windows computer, you should be able to play the freeware RPG Maker game Love and War. Learn more about it here: http://antioch.snow-fall.com/law/archive.shtml

* Heart of Fire, Elven Relations, and Heikou are freeware games. At least 2 of the 3 were created with Ren'py, and should work on all modern computers. You'll find them elsewhere on this forum.

* Agarest War was released in English on Xbox 360 (both DVD-ROM and paid download) and Playstation3 (download only). It looks like the English version of Agarest War Zero will be released in June 2011, and will be available in both physical and paid download formats for PS3 and 360.

* The PS1 game Bloody Bride: Imadoki no Vampire is mostly a complex dating simulation, though it has some RPG gameplay. It was fan translated a few years ago.

* Eien no Aselia -Kono Daichi no Hate De- A worksafe version of this adult RPG for Windows was translated by Dakkodango a couple years ago. Jast plans to release an official translation under the name Aselia the Eternal.

* Galaxy Angel and Galaxy Angel Moonlit Lovers (both for Windows) are combinations of real time strategy and romance game. Both have fan translations.

Some RPG/romance games with adult content:
* Knights of Xentar, which is a localized version of Dragon Knight 3. It was one of the first adult games released in English.

* Brave Soul, which is basically Diablo with romance sidequests. It was released by Peach Princess on Windows a few years ago. Not too much explicit content. The game has been known to crash when the combat gets too intense... I don't know if there's a good patch or work-around.

The same company also translated Pretty Soldier Wars A.D. 2048. I haven't heard many good things about it...

Castle Fantasia 2: The Sacred War Renewal is an adult RPG with a fan translation.

Men at Work! 2 ~Hunter Academy he Youkoso~ was translated by Mirrormoon a few years ago.

Utawareru Mono was translated by a short-lived group.

Dakkodango also translated Tears to Tiara for Windows.

Fans have translated both Sengoku Rance and the vintage game Rance -Quest for Hikari-. This series is known for being explicit.
Last edited by gekiganwing on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#5 Post by LVUER »

@gekiganwing:
I believe Lightning Warrior Raidy (1 and 2) doesn't have any romance in it. It's more of a rape/bondage game, and no love in it at all. And Sugarsnap asks for RPG with dating sim in it, not just RPG with romance elements.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by gekiganwing »

Read LVUER's reply. In a moment, I'll remove those two games from my earlier message.

Also, I completely forgot Riviera: The Promised Land. First translated version was for Gameboy Advance, and an expanded port for PSP was also translated.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Riviera »

Riviera came out in english for both of those systems as well. I should know, that's where I got my screen name from!

It's rather nice because the PSP version has dual voicing, so you can hear either the dub or the original as you like. Yggdra Union is in the same situation, and I believe Knights in the Nightmare is as well. Although the last two don't really have the dating element in them, they're very fun to play and all part of the Department Heaven series.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#8 Post by jack_norton »

Riviera wrote:Riviera came out in english for both of those systems as well. I should know, that's where I got my screen name from!
Off topic, but thought your nick came from south of France or italian coastal region :lol:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Riviera »

Castle Chase is a free game that can be said to be an RPG with dating elements.. your primary goal is to bust out of the castle, but depending on the method you use, you can end up with a romantic ending.

http://www.castlechase.com/
jack_norton wrote:
Riviera wrote:Riviera came out in english for both of those systems as well. I should know, that's where I got my screen name from!
Off topic, but thought your nick came from south of France or italian coastal region :lol:
Not many people get the reference. :lol:

I'm sure a lot of folks go around thinking I'm either from italy/france, or am just a big fan of the area!
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#10 Post by rioka »

Azure Dreams (PS)
...Is all I can think of at the moment. I'll add more if I recall any others. C:

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#11 Post by Blue Lemma »

Luminous Arc
Luminous Arc 2
(both are for DS)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Sugarsnap

#12 Post by Sugarsnap »

Thank you for alllll the suggestions <3 my internet was down for a while so I wasn't able to check this topic until now.

The systems I have are limited to a PC with not that good of a graphics card, wii, DS, PS1, and PS2. I'd love to get my hands on some of the new consoles, but I just don't have the money D:

I've already played Riviera <3 amazing game, I loved it.

Also, Blue Lemma, what way do the affection levels in Luminous Arc work? I did a google search and can't find anything on it >__< maybe I'm not looking hard enough, haha.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#13 Post by LVUER »

@Sugarsnap:
Hey, it's the same with me ^_^ We have exactly those same game systems! Right now I'm planning to buy PS3 though, just because of that Vanquish and Valkyria Chronicles 1.

DeviantArt Account

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#14 Post by Blue Lemma »

Sugarsnap wrote:Also, Blue Lemma, what way do the affection levels in Luminous Arc work?
At several points during the game, there are "intermissions" where you can choose a heroine you took into battle with you. The protagonist then has a little cutscene conversation with her, where there are choices on how to respond. The response determines whether the heroine goes <3 up or <3 down. I think only two of the girls can be gotten in the actual ending, but it's all good fun :) I base all this on LA2, btw, because I haven't played LA1 yet.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )