Last game you played?

For the rest of your otaku life.
asciibard
Regular

Re: Last game you played?

#46 Post by asciibard »

LVUER wrote:Just finished playing Freelancer.
I adore the everliving snot out of that game.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#47 Post by LVUER »

LateWhiteRabbit wrote:Playing Recettear in between work and art - Capitalism Ho!
Just played it recently too. Now I want to play "Chantelise – A Tale of Two Sisters" (a game from same developer). Very unfortunate I once heard that they went under (either the developer or publisher... or both?)
asciibard wrote:
Huh!?
Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

asciibard
Regular

#48 Post by asciibard »

LVUER wrote:
asciibard wrote:
Huh!?
Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean...
I just mean to say that I love Freelancer. I must have put 40 hours into that game over the years. I love all of Chris Roberts' games.

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#49 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

LVUER wrote:
LateWhiteRabbit wrote:Playing Recettear in between work and art - Capitalism Ho!
Just played it recently too. Now I want to play "Chantelise – A Tale of Two Sisters" (a game from same developer). Very unfortunate I once heard that they went under (either the developer or publisher... or both?)
Chantelise is actually several years older than Recettear and the gameplay is not nearly as refined or good, being an earlier effort by the Japanese team. The American localization team decided to translate the older title after Recettear proved so popular in the West.

There are two different development teams, the Japanese team that actually created the game, and the American team that translated the game to English and redid the menus. The only publishers are the digital download services. I've not heard about either development team going under, but I haven't kept up with it that closely.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#50 Post by LVUER »

Ow, so Chantelise is actually older? Since it's in 3D, I thought it's newer. EasyGameStation is the developer of both game while Capefulgur is the publisher (or translator). I'm not really sure if Capefulgur is still the one who translate Chantelise... Anyway, I love Capefulgur work, their translation is good and easy to read.

Well, if none of them goes under, then it's good. That means we will have more of similar games in the future (^0^)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran

#51 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

LVUER wrote:Ow, so Chantelise is actually older? Since it's in 3D, I thought it's newer. EasyGameStation is the developer of both game while Capefulgur is the publisher (or translator). I'm not really sure if Capefulgur is still the one who translate Chantelise... Anyway, I love Capefulgur work, their translation is good and easy to read.

Well, if none of them goes under, then it's good. That means we will have more of similar games in the future (^0^)
Yes, Capefulgur is one of the best translation teams I've ever seen. Apparently their translation of Recettear is an improvement on the original Japanese! And yes, I believe Capefulgur also translated Chantelise, though I'm not sure they count as a "publisher". They probably have publishing RIGHTS, but Steam counts as the publisher in America. The criticism I heard of Chantelise has nothing to do with its translation or story, but the game engine and gameplay itself.

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#52 Post by silenteve »

Playing Pokemon Yellow on the Gameboy Color X)
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

PockieHoshi
Regular

#53 Post by PockieHoshi »

Currently playing phantom brave on my ps2.Lovin' it so far ^^!

Katon
Regular
Completed: Death Rule:lost code (Art), Death Rule: Fear Complex (Art), Amity: One Tale (Art)
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System(Art) , Gene Codex: Genesis
Organization: MESI Games, Corpse Theater
Tumblr: corpsetheater

#54 Post by Katon »

Finished Kid Icarus: Uprising.
The controls were kind of awkward. But over all I good game. Totally was worth the wait ;w;

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#55 Post by teacup »

Katon wrote:Finished Kid Icarus: Uprising.
The controls were kind of awkward. But over all I good game. Totally was worth the wait ;w;
Ooh, I'll be getting that next month on my birthday, so glad to hear it was a good game :)
The last game I played was Tales of Graces F. I've never been that into Tales games, but I really like the characters and their interactions in this one.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#56 Post by LVUER »

teacup wrote:
Ooh, I'll be getting that next month on my birthday, so glad to hear it was a good game :)
The last game I played was Tales of Graces F. I've never been that into Tales games, but I really like the characters and their interactions in this one.
I heard Tales of Grace F is the best of Tales series... until it's surpassed by the latest Tales of Xillia. Man, this talks makes me want to play Xillia. I hope Namco will localize it.

DeviantArt Account

Katon
Regular
Completed: Death Rule:lost code (Art), Death Rule: Fear Complex (Art), Amity: One Tale (Art)
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System(Art) , Gene Codex: Genesis
Organization: MESI Games, Corpse Theater
Tumblr: corpsetheater

#57 Post by Katon »

teacup wrote:
Just be prepared for allot of fourth wall breaking, modern and Nintendo references~
Never played the Tales of series TBH.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#58 Post by Hijiri »

eXceed 3rd JADE PENETRATE BLACK PACKAGE (Yes, that is how the title is written)

The Ex-Boss Remedy is like gang rape in a cute, goth-loli package.
;_;
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

LVUER
King of Lolies

#59 Post by LVUER »

Hijiri wrote:eXceed 3rd JADE PENETRATE BLACK PACKAGE (Yes, that is how the title is written)

;_;
What game is that? For which console?

DeviantArt Account

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran

#60 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

LVUER wrote:
Hijiri wrote:eXceed 3rd JADE PENETRATE BLACK PACKAGE (Yes, that is how the title is written)

;_;
What game is that? For which console?
Haha! Hijiri used the word 'loli' to summon LVUER. It's super effective! :lol:

LVUER, it's a bullet hell shoot-em up - review and more info here.