recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

For the rest of your otaku life.
Dravencour

Re: recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

#136 Post by Dravencour »

My current favorites manga-wise are:

Hellsing - One of my favorite manga. Its art style is pretty crappy in the beginning, but picks up in a big way later, and it shifts from your standard vampire-hunting series to an out-and-out war epic once the major bad guys get introduced.
Berserk - One of the best Dark Fantasy mangas that I've seen, and which has recently resolved one of its all-time running plotlines only to give us one hell of a cliffhanger before announcing yet another hiatus.

Aniknk
Regular

#137 Post by Aniknk »

I can recomend "Berserk" (though everyone know this one) to any dark fantasy lover, as well as "Re:Monster", less known manga taking story of murdered man reborned as Goblin. He have special ability (which he has as human to) to absorbe abilities of eaten enemies (I don't know why it's so poorly rated on MAL, surely better manga then "Tensei shitara Slime datta ken", which I found as lightly thematic Re:Monster' s copy [seriously, Re:Monster's authors should sue TSSDK's authors]). For dark themes also Yakusoku no Neverland is good one. I think it's well knowed even if it's relatively new manga. However, if you don't know this one, I won't spoil anything, 'couse if I want to describe story it'll ruin your read. For dark theme you can also read "Shingeki no Kyojin", which is not as good as mentioned above manga, but still have it's moments.

From less serious manga I recomend "GTO" which is great comedy about young man aiming (at first) into romance high school girls (that's why he become teacher, but ended with some middle school kids). This manga have also serious theme when Onizuka (MC) solving young people problems (and hilarious one when he doing his well known face expresion for example). Also comedy with deep psychological content, "NHK ni Youkoso!". It can be really seriouse, but mostly you have fun watching MC's loses. It's story about young hikikomori (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikikomori) trying to make some progress in his live at same time beliving that world is controled by NHK (Nippon Hikikomori Kyokai). I also like "Battle Royal" which is not such good as manga, but love it's idealistic MC. Lately I've read "Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Report" which is moving story of author's live. Something about mental illness, and how you could deal with loneliness.

Hope you'll read all of this and share your opinion in this theard (or give me your opinion now if you've read it earlier).
I wish I had an talent to do graphics. Or any other talents. But you know what they talking about people without any talents, they have a big pe***es. No wait. They talk so about people with big feets...

izanami
Regular
Completed: un/FRAGMENT.
Projects: Minami,
Organization: Izakiko Paradox
itch: izakikoparadox
Discord: ragyuo

#138 Post by izanami »

Still trying to finish Prison lab

- Prison lab
- Anything Junji ito
- Dolly Kill Kill
- To your eternity
- I am hero