recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

For the rest of your otaku life.
Snow Blossom
Veteran

Re: recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

#76 Post by Snow Blossom »

MaiMai wrote:I absolutely cannot read anything by Hwang Mi Rang without feeling positively angry and frustrated. What I hate about her comics is not only the stories, but the art style really annoys me since her figures are so stiff!
I thought she was okay at first, and since I read pretty much any shojo manga/manhwa, I decided to give her a try. BUT HER MANHWAS ARE ALL SO SIMILAR!!! They're basically just bullying, bullying, and more bullying. Oh, and gangs. Jjangs and all that. And smoking. And under-age drinking. Ugh. Also, the backgrounds are terrible. -__- (I should probably stop ranting now...)But Han Ru-Yang's not as bad.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#77 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Celestie wrote:
And about UtaPri anime...unlike Hakuoki, that has to follow a certain storyline, I guess, since it's historical and all and they wanted to convey that, but to be honest, I stopped watching Hakuoki somewhere in teh second season, so... currently UtaPri anime dedicates one episode to one guy each...sort of in a linear plotline but with focus on one guy every new episode; since there are 12 episodes, it's either something else will follow or they will get another episode each after that...can't say yet. I can only say it's very amusing and I like watching it more than Hakuoki because of the humor, soemtimes well-placed, sometimes a bit exaggerated, but music is awesome and the art is very well-done, too, pretty close to the game's art, I guess, and ...well, give it a try?
I never watched hakuouki anime even a preview the art... is not bad but i love the game's. :P

I know that utapri has two episodes for each guy(like starry sky). BTW, the game's art isn't really beautiful(shame that the character designer was Kurahana Chinatsu(Togainu no Chi, Lamento) but the game artist was different and the art was so-so(actually i think it was ugly(not really ugly but still ugly for me) but for the sake of voice actors and storyline, i put aside the art >.<) I've seen the anime art in B's log and it was better(but there would be a remake of the game with better art so....) just that, maybe I am not much of an anime junkie now really. Games are much better for me now. I still watch animes but not much, Detective Conan, Major and Oofuri, that's it.

And yeah, I'm recommending ookiku furikabutte(oofuri or big wind up) its a funny comedy manga and anime :)
Sorry for the off-topic.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Celestie
Veteran

#78 Post by Celestie »

Nnnng, I hate the fact that I cannot understand Japanese yet to play the game D: And the few images I saw in reviews of UtaPuri...I find those not bad, actually. Oh well. THE SEIYUU CAST IS THE BEST, ANYWAY~ The reason why I watch the anime: to listen to the seiyuu *A* like Suzumura not sounding slightly cheeky (Lavi - D.gray-man) or childish-cute (Tsubasa - SutaSuka) or Nakamura Yuichi totally girlish xD
EDIT: Okay, nevermind, the art really looks odd sometimes when I skimmed through that review again xD

Reading Nurarihyon no Mago right now. If you always wanted youkai/ayakashi in a shounen-series with kickassing fights and quite interesting characters...well. Teh aniem has quite soem awesome cast, too, but any quiet teh anime (I did, too), so...

Or if you want a really beautiful manga, also about ayakashi but just less violent and just BEAUTIFUL....Natsume Yuujinchou. Shoujo, and slice-of-life, sorry if I am recommending something you already read xD And the anime BGM is beautiful, and Kamiya Hiroshi voices the main character and...well, it's beautiful.
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#79 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Anyone recommended "Until Death Do Us Part" already? I am currently reading it and wowsers, I never expected to love anything under the "seinen" genre. I love the whole premise of that manga... xD It is so cool how a blind guy can slaughter(no, not really) a whole mafia den with only a scratch on his face~ xD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#80 Post by yummy »

Discovered several titles of different genres. Well, they're not really new and some were published several years ago.

Bonnouji (煩悩寺) from Aki☆Eda (Romance, Seinen):
Ozawa has just broken up with her boyfriend of 5 years and her sadness is broken up when she suddenly meets with a strange guy named Oyamada, living some floors below her. His room is cluttered with the most bizarre and unimaginable devices she ever saw. At first piqued by curiosity for all the rumble, both of them start a relationship that begin to intertwine their lives.

Buyuden from Mitsuda Takuya (Romance, Shounen, Sports):
Isamu is an elitist, always first in sports, studies, looks, until Kaname Moka transfers in his school and reduce his pride to shreds.
What irks him the most is that Moka is an amazing fighter, able to take down several people at once. She's also smarter and cute.
He discovers she is strong because of boxing and eventually, they begin training together.

Tsugumomo from Hamada Yoshikazu (Romance, School Life, Seinen, Supernatural):
Kazuya Kagami always carries the Sakura Obi his mother gave him. As he is attacked by a monster, Kiriha appears from the Sakura Obi to defend him.

Tokyo Innocent from Narumi Naru(Love comedy, shounen):
Hanzou is a half-monster (hanyou) from the fox tribe, who is sent to the mainland to search for a bride.
He ends in Tokyo, proposing to any female, who naturally refuse. He is actually so innocent, he blurts out anything he thinks.
Then he meets Mei Ichijouji, 16, who posesses a strange force that attracts youkai.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#81 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Hand x Red. Seriously, this one will make me cry before it's finished I bet, plus the art is awwwwwwwsome.

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#82 Post by HikkiPanda »

Hitsugi Katsugi no Kuro, from the creator of GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class ^^. (both series are my all time favorites!!

uh ... and Slam Dunk ... I know it's freaking old, but it makes me want to make a basketball VN now ^^; (currently reading volume 18 now)

OtomeWeekend wrote:Anyone recommended "Until Death Do Us Part" already? I am currently reading it and wowsers, I never expected to love anything under the "seinen" genre. I love the whole premise of that manga... xD It is so cool how a blind guy can slaughter(no, not really) a whole mafia den with only a scratch on his face~ xD
)
but Seinen is so awesome o: !

I think "Puella Magi Madoka Magica", "Usagi Drop", and "Ano hi Mita Hana Bokutachi wa mada shiranai" are all seinen o:

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#83 Post by OtomeWeekend »

HikkiPanda wrote: but Seinen is so awesome o: !

I think "Puella Magi Madoka Magica", "Usagi Drop", and "Ano hi Mita Hana Bokutachi wa mada shiranai" are all seinen o:

Never watched or read puella magi etc.; usagi drop and ano hi mita etc. before. I was never into seinen stuff... well, not until i met "Till death do us part". >:D Though, its the only seinen manga i read besides ousama game which is another awesome seinen xD (i watched the movie and read the novel and its still awesome! xDD)

I'm currently starting to buy the volumes of till death do us part cause i wanna support the author... v_v never wanna lose some brilliant mangaka around...

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#84 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

OtomeWeekend wrote:
HikkiPanda wrote: but Seinen is so awesome o: !

Never watched or read puella magi etc.; usagi drop and ano hi mita etc. before. I was never into seinen stuff... well, not until i met "Till death do us part". >:D Though, its the only seinen manga i read besides ousama game which is another awesome seinen xD (i watched the movie and read the novel and its still awesome! xDD)

I'm currently starting to buy the volumes of till death do us part cause i wanna support the author... v_v never wanna lose some brilliant mangaka around...
I love all the seinen about child raising like Usagi Drop, Yostubato and Barakamon, but Until Death Do Us Part is pretty awesome, especially the main character. I liked the first arc the best though because I liked Sierra.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#85 Post by ririruetoo »

Manga I'd recommend

1.Nana
2.Mars ( by Fuyumi Soryo)
3.Fruits Basket
4.After School Nightmare
5.Ouran High School Host Club
ImageImageImage

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#86 Post by MaiMai »

Oh, I don't know if anyone's recommended this one yet, but I seriously want to point people in the direction of this josei manga called Dokuhime. I love, love LOVE the author's dark artstyle along with the story about girls being used as poison assassins, but it slowly focuses on the motivations and personalities of the other characters they meet.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#87 Post by Snow Blossom »

MaiMai wrote:Oh, I don't know if anyone's recommended this one yet, but I seriously want to point people in the direction of this josei manga called Dokuhime. I love, love LOVE the author's dark artstyle along with the story about girls being used as poison assassins, but it slowly focuses on the motivations and personalities of the other characters they meet.
OMIGOD I love that manga. I've read all of the mangaka's works that I can find, and this one is my favorite.
More manga that I'd recommend are Zombie Loan and Gakuen Ouji, although both haven't been updated in forever. -__-

phantomphan31

#88 Post by phantomphan31 »

So far I've read-
Ouran High School Host Club
Ultra Maniac
Alice in the Country of Hearts
La Corda d'oro
Yotsuba
(I first read ultra maniac a few years ago and have been interested in manga since)
I support
ImageImageImage

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#89 Post by OtomeWeekend »

has anyone already recommended "Deadman Wonderland"? Well, my curiosity got on me and I bought it yesterday when I went in tsutaya...wait, i think it was kuchiki bookstore...and it was awesome *_* I am loving it right now.

Also, it's my very first shounen manga tankobon series....(because till death do us part is in seinen genre :P)

I really recommend it. The plot is interesting though i think the introduction(or foundation/prologue) of the manga is kinda weak and was fast-paced. It really got my interest enough to make me buy all the rest of the current tankobon volumes(3~11, i bought the 1~2 yesterday). It was more pricey than a normal manga(well, ¥100 difference isn't really a big deal though) but it pays off cause it was really interesting.

It was quite gore and stuff but I love gore so meh. Recommended to people who love wonderland-themed, prisoners, survival and nice art. A must read! :twisted:

Celestie
Veteran

#90 Post by Celestie »

Deadman Wonderland has a nice anime, too, hoping for a second season that adapts the rest of the manga plot.

Also, talking about creepy manga, Mirai Nikki? I read it after watching the first three episodes and while not absolutely brilliant, it was entertaining. Yandere girlfriend? Check. Quite Mindscrewy? Check. Suspense? Check. Some supernatural stuff? Check. This IS about future-predicting diaries, after all~

Anyone recommended Natsume Yuujinchou manga yet? I love teh anime, so do I love the manga. Pretty art and beautiful stories, natch <3
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*