recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

For the rest of your otaku life.
Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

Re: recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

#31 Post by Silvere »

What about Girl Friends ?

It´s definitely for Shoujo-AI fans, but also worth for others to read.
The characters are realistic, it´s nothing over the top, it´s kept simple...
It´s just beautiful to read <3
(And finished.. *CRIES*)

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#32 Post by Snow Blossom »

Moe Kare!!! (romance, heavy drama, shoujo) - Read it 3 times, teared up the first~ :P BEWARE: DO NOT READ IF YOU DISLIKE EXTREME BLUSHING.
Special A (romance, shoujo, comedy) - light-hearted, cute, and an easy read. :3
Fruits Basket (romance, shoujo, borderline-tragedy, drama, comedy) - Really sweet and touching; poetic, romantic, and more complex than normal shoujo mangas >w<Ib
Oh and Red River (romance, drama, historical, mature-ish?) - A brilliant but underrated manga :( Unlike most standard shoujo mangas, it does not have an extremely dense and violent or shy and girly heroine. Historical events and romance are intertwined skillfully. The love triangles are always a plus for me :wink:

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#33 Post by OtomeWeekend »

@snow blossom:

I've actually read moe kare and i cried too...(though i don't remember the reason cause it was...3 years ago?) and red river... i just read the ending cause i started to get bored during the 3 or 4th chapter.... :(

I just thought of sharing... i've read lots of manga now... but i don't remember the titles only a few unless mentioned or something...(like moe kare completely slipped my mind)....
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#34 Post by yummy »

I've discovered an awesome manga by Nihei Tsutomu (Blame)!

It's named Sidonia no Kishi. It's a sci-fi story where human beings had to leave Earth on seed ships in order to escape from an alien Species, the Gauze.

There are many thema, incredible imagination (as usual with this author), talentuous adult level narration, epic space battles, mecha, mysteries about the Gauze that are close to the Angel from Evangelion, a mysterious hero with a weird background, photosynthetic able girls...

It's a nightmerish vision and also an incredible world. I somewhat wish we were in that age!

Venneta

#35 Post by Venneta »

:D I'd mention only three, I think they are quite underrated at the moment. Must read:

1. NG Life
2. Hana No Kishi
3. Immortal Rain

There are so many more I'd recommend, but I'll keep it for the next time I post~
*actually I forgot the titles..*
Cogito, ergo sum.

Please visit my deviantART to see more of my artworks~

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#36 Post by RemnantDream »

I usually don't read much manga but right now I'm reading Corpse Party Blood Covered, Noblesse(Auro, I love this xDD So much sexyness o_O) , The World God Only Knows, though I really just watch the anime of the last one.

I did used to read Peach Girl xD but I stopped at the part where
Momo got raped o.O
Last edited by RemnantDream on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#37 Post by manga_otaku »

I'm currently reading:
- Houshin Engi
- Until death do we part
...and some yaoi.
*hides in corner*
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#38 Post by Snow Blossom »

RemnantDream wrote:I usually don't read much manga but right now I'm reading Corpse Party Blood Covered, Noblesse(Auro, I love this xDD So much sexyness o_O) , The World God Only Knows, though I really just watch the anime of the last one.
The Noblesse artists are really just rolling out the bishies :lol:
RemnantDream wrote:I did used to read Peach Girl xD but I stopped at the part where
Momo got raped o.O
Whoa I knew the manga was intense but that came as a surprise :shock:

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#39 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Snow Blossom wrote:
RemnantDream wrote:I usually don't read much manga but right now I'm reading Corpse Party Blood Covered, Noblesse(Auro, I love this xDD So much sexyness o_O) , The World God Only Knows, though I really just watch the anime of the last one.
The Noblesse artists are really just rolling out the bishies :lol:
RemnantDream wrote:I did used to read Peach Girl xD but I stopped at the part where
Momo got raped o.O
Whoa I knew the manga was intense but that came as a surprise :shock:
matta!
Momo wasn't raped! She jsut thought she was but she wasn't! <:O as long as my memory doesn't fail me
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#40 Post by manga_otaku »

It's true.
Momo never got raped because I think she got saved by someone :)
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#41 Post by OtomeWeekend »

manga_otaku wrote:It's true.
Momo never got raped because I think she got saved by someone :)
if its Kairi or her ex...or her best friend sorta stopped them? ah, wait, its coming back to me....
she wasn't raped but she thought she was cause she is sorta naked(not really) and when Kairi(please confirm if its kairi or the ex) came to her rescue he saw it and something like he doesn't care but momo still believes she was raped... the only one who knows she wasn't was her best friend... or something... sorry, don't remember it much cause, its been like 5 or 6 years since i've read peach :/

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#42 Post by Snow Blossom »

Ohhh riiight I kind of remember now :o

More manga I forgot to add:
Suki Desu Suzuki-kun (comedy, romance, shoujo, drama): It's a reeaally cute manga by the mangaka of Moe Kare

Usotsuki Lily (comedy, romance, gender-bender, shoujo): A hilarious gag manga with crossdressing and bishies. Gotta love that :wink:

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#43 Post by OtomeWeekend »

i gave up on suki desu suzusslafkjajdjfa cause it was cute until the girl goes XXSFAsfagadkghakldndmkgnadsoighadsklgnadklmgnjad.

... i played the DS game too but it was meh... speaking of it, i liked uwasa no midori-kun(the game okay?) cause even the ending was all ends well that ends well, the story is quite confusing(she love tsubasa, she love him not?) and she've hurt the other guy many times due to her bitching.

sorry if i'm kinda rude :(

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#44 Post by Snow Blossom »

OtomeWeekend wrote:i gave up on suki desu suzusslafkjajdjfa cause it was cute until the girl goes XXSFAsfagadkghakldndmkgnadsoighadsklgnadklmgnjad.
Err... Clarification pleaze? :shock:

Uwasa no Midori-kun (the manga, I haven't played the game) was cute at first, but I gave up eventually 'cause I was too confused about who she actually liked :roll:

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#45 Post by RemnantDream »

Ah, well I guess I stopped reading too soon xD I just got tired of it. Momo annoyed me xD