recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

For the rest of your otaku life.
MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

#106 Post by MaiMai »

Hanabira wrote: -Arisa (it's interesting at first, but at some point it kinda gets crappy lol xD)
Ooooh, I've read that one. And I totally agree with how crappy it gets. I was intrigued at first because I think the thriller atmosphere was being very well done at some parts.

But seeing as how the plot depends on adults being complete jerks/not smart enough to notice the crap going on with the class... WELP. That and I saw who the antagonist was from a mile off. And that wasn't what really bothered me as the explanation for the motives which felt extremely contrived.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Hanabira
Projects: A Tale of Two Siblings: Miyuki & Hikaru

#107 Post by Hanabira »

MaiMai wrote:
Hanabira wrote: -Arisa (it's interesting at first, but at some point it kinda gets crappy lol xD)
Ooooh, I've read that one. And I totally agree with how crappy it gets. I was intrigued at first because I think the thriller atmosphere was being very well done at some parts.

But seeing as how the plot depends on adults being complete jerks/not smart enough to notice the crap going on with the class... WELP. That and I saw who the antagonist was from a mile off. And that wasn't what really bothered me as the explanation for the motives which felt extremely contrived.
I agree, although tbh, I wasn't able to figure out who the antagonist was until recent chapters OTL; but my guess was almost correct
since I thought that Arisa was the KING, but it turn out to be Midori, oh well :roll:
, I also agree that the adult are/were not smart enough to notice all the sh*t going on, and all the incidents, etc.

fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

#108 Post by fioricca »

I've only browsed the last couple of pages but has Gamble Fish been mentioned anywhere yet

It's so gripping and as the title suggests, it's about various gambling forms. The main character is drop dead sexy, the pace and story is super exciting, and the art has a charm of its own. Really recommending this for anyone looking for some slightly more mature manga!

/slinks back to browsing through recs

Ayutac
Regular
Projects: Pokémon Dating Sim
Organization: A Breeze Of Science
Deviantart: Ubro

#109 Post by Ayutac »

Akumetsu. 'nuff said.
Up next: An original, open source, text-based Dating Sim. Stay tuned ;)

Lumella
Regular
Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
Organization: Unis

#110 Post by Lumella »

La Corda D'Oro Manga.

I had a FEELS attack just because I learned it's finally done ♥
ImageImageImageImage

Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active

darkphilious

#111 Post by darkphilious »

Skip Beat! It's nice, but why is it not finished yet?

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#112 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Erm... would an Italian(?) comic count in? (What the heck, I'm the topic owner and I'm asking this xD)

I'm currently re-reading W.I.T.C.H. I used to read it back when I was in grade 5 in English when it was released as a monthly(?) magazine(yeah, a magazine) back in 2008(?). I coincidentally bumped to a Japanese translated ver. in an internet/manga cafe quite far from my house and starts reminiscing about the times when I go send fan mails to the magazine and how I'm really hating Matt because he is the biggest idiot on Earth(not that I hate him).

Ah... the memories~~~

On the other hand, I bought the full volumes of Kaguya Hime. IF you love sci-fi+historical references(doesn't have any but it has some slight bases on Taketori Monogatari(bamboo-cutting legend?)+suspense and androgynous people, you should read this. I don't know if it was translated in English though.
It was quite interesting to read but aherm...well, let's just say that the ending is not that satisfactory<--Am I spoiling it?

Well, just thought of posting this. ^^; I need to go back doing my studies now...orz
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#113 Post by AshenhartKrie »

Crimson Spell, becuase yaoi.
And the fact that it is one of those rare few that has an interesting plotline.
seriously, if Hall/Havi (god the scanlation changes his name so many times) is actually dead I'm gunna screammmmm
I'm also reading Loveless, re-reading Bleach (oldie but a goldie, even though a few probably disagree).
I read so many manga's I forget what I've read and what I haven't.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

#114 Post by enta »

MAGI, Joker no Kuni no Alice~Circus to Usotsuki Game, Shingeki no Kyojin

and Goong.

I bought all of Japanese-translated(can't read hangul) volumes. Everything was awesome and I loved the drama----till I saw the ending. I love the flow of the manhwa's story but I liked the drama's ending better.

Tonna

#115 Post by Tonna »

- I'm just a noob artist, now I try to improve my skills (^ ^) -

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#116 Post by azureXtwilight »

Liar game is just brilliant. The art isn't really grandiose or anything, but it's a very well-thought manga. I don't know how someone can think of such complex games and strategies... I think it's just awesome and splendid... and underappreciated. Damn.
MaiMai wrote:I love, love, LOVE Eyeshield 21. All the characters main and side are the most interesting in any sport manga
Yesss~ I second that very much. Plus the art is GOLD.

lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

#117 Post by lemonscent »

Here's a few that are completed & in English:
1. Shin Angyo Onshi
2. Holyland (the one about Kamishiro)
3. Monster
4. Blade of the Immortal
5. Rurouni Kenshin

..... if it's not totally obvious, I'm obsessive about seinen action manga Q____Q;; RK isn't seinen though iirc.
azureXtwilight wrote:Liar game is just brilliant. The art isn't really grandiose or anything, but it's a very well-thought manga. I don't know how someone can think of such complex games and strategies... I think it's just awesome and splendid... and underappreciated. Damn.
Omg yes. Can't believe I forgot about that (I blame the millions of hiatuses), but Liar Game is amazing. Like omg. Nao was a bit annoying at first, but I've started to like her a lot. She's actually gotten rather intuitive as of late, although nobody seems to notice since she's always overshadowed by Akiyama.

[EDIT]: Okay wow totally just realized I necro'd a post from like 3 months ago. Owell deal with it kthxbi~
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

Yomuchan
Regular
Projects: Codename: NSD!
Organization: Forkheads
IRC Nick: Yomu
Deviantart: Yomuchan
itch: yomuchan.itch.io

#118 Post by Yomuchan »

lemonscent wrote:
[EDIT]: Okay wow totally just realized I necro'd a post from like 3 months ago. Owell deal with it kthxbi~
PERK GET: NOVICE NECROMANCER. +1 to Magi and Int.

Speaking of necromancers,

I just finished reading up on Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Kore wa Zombie desu ka for ideas for my next game

_Shiro_
Regular
Projects: 6 days

#119 Post by _Shiro_ »

azureXtwilight wrote:Liar game is just brilliant. The art isn't really grandiose or anything, but it's a very well-thought manga. I don't know how someone can think of such complex games and strategies... I think it's just awesome and splendid... and underappreciated. Damn.
Totally agree with you, this is one of the series that i really put my mind in when reading.

Btw, i recommend Gintama, a good mix of comedy and action.
If you want to relax with some light comedy, you can try some 4-koma like Working!!, or Mangaka-san to Assistant-san, or Doujin work.
Contact info:
FB: Shiro VN
Email: tlvh110493@gmail.com

pwisaguacate
Veteran

#120 Post by pwisaguacate »

Phew! I was digging around in 2005 and now I'm finally back. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you "the white chamber" by Studio Trophis (point-and-click game).

Apprenticeship in Necromancy commenced - 55% to intermediate
[Young one, your first task has been completed smoothly for a complete beginner. You will be on good track with just some more experience (*cough* especially should improve your crappy reviews). We wish you good luck.]

Well huh, looks like training isn't over; in fact, it just started. Bye everyone, I have loads to do!
lemonscent wrote: [EDIT]: Okay wow totally just realized I necro'd a post from like 3 months ago. Owell deal with it kthxbi~
Don't worry, you simply took part in an ongoing thread that wasn't quite dead yet. As part of a relatively small community, you're doing good.