recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

For the rest of your otaku life.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

#61 Post by LVUER »

When I said shonen I mean it's more about action and boy-ish problem (rival, conflict, money, dream and future, etc) rather than romance or other (specific) girls' issue that commonly found in girls manga. It's indeed a little bit yuri-ish since it's all girls (especially considering how perverted the main character is), but since there's hardly any romance (though there are some... or plenty lesbian scene ^_^ ) so it doesn't matter much.

And AFAIK, they are from different author. And it's only the same name, nothing more. Besides, Hayate is a common name and have been used in lots and lots different manga already. Like the US name Jake.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#62 Post by OtomeWeekend »

LVUER wrote: And AFAIK, they are from different author. And it's only the same name, nothing more. Besides, Hayate is a common name and have been used in lots and lots different manga already. Like the US name Jake.
Yeah, it just so... Hayate then Nagi.... pure coincidence? :)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Celestie
Veteran

#63 Post by Celestie »

Did you ever read +C: Sword & Cornett? It has somewhat cliche settings and stuff, is medieval fantasy and beautiful art and good humor and soem quiet sad themes, too... just, the scanlation history of taht series is...slightly chaotic. I can't remember what the last scanlated chapter is because at some point more than one scanlation group did it, with different quality and release pace, too...xD Still, a series I love~
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#64 Post by OtomeWeekend »

um, adding some new mangas I'm watching out after I bought Self Magazine yesterday:

Miyako. There is also a game based on this! It is an awesome game/manga set during the Heian Era and Abe no Seimei is the main male character! REcommended for people who love historical stories and forbidden love(yeah, cause the heroine is a XXXXXXXXXX but because XXXXX is a XXXXX and nothing is XXXXXXXX for XXX.)lol

Uta no prince-sama. I'm more addicted to the game actually and even if I wanted to buy the tankobon, is not available in TsUTaYA so I read it online(yes its scanlated). There is also an anime. :) Its really funny and you gotta love Mr. Shining and his antics! x3 i love everything about this!
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#65 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I dunno why, but I started reading Battle Royale last week, and was obsessed with it... despite all the blood, gore and sex XD
(Is a fan of Mimura's wits XD)

Celestie
Veteran

#66 Post by Celestie »

...and why don't I see Pandora Hearts anywhere? Seriously? D: And D.Gray-man? ...then again, maybe you did read them and just didn't listed them xD

Oh, and because I just read a new chapter of it, ever read Bloody Monday? It has three "seasons", the third and last has just stated scanlating and is running for a few more chapters already. And each season is deeply intertwined, so better start off with the first xD

Battle Royale is awesome. I just had nightmares of the artstyle afterwards because I really could not get used to that realistic art style. I just couldn't. D:

The reason why I stopped reading Uta no Prince-sama is simply because there is no chapter beyond the 3rd scanlated. So I am watching the anime right now. And waiting for the day I have my own PSP and can read Japanese to play the game xD Oh, and teh aniem ending is catchy. And the guys dance pretty well. Yes, can you tell I love the ending? xD
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#67 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Yep, my only trouble with Battle Royale's manga is that it's too... detailed. XD It's almost like realism and manga merged in one. XD
And simple gunshots would result in a blood splatter so big it's too unrealistic :/

I wanna watch the movie, yet I dunno where to find a download, muchless a copy with English subtitles.

(Better read Absolute Boyfriend and Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden a bit more XDDD)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#68 Post by LVUER »

If I want to complain about Battle Royale is that the only thing that make things uninteresting in that manga is ... the existence of several super-powered humans. Battle Royale 2 fix that, but I don't really like it and I don't really like the art style either.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#69 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I haven't watched the anime of utapuri. But I played the game and its fandisks(and waiting for the utapuri repeat/debut). :P The scanlations yeah it stopped that's why i'm forced to to save my 650 yen for Self magazine where its published crossing my fingers I will survive the month with very few allowance. Damn, the mini-game in uta puri is like committing hand and mental suicide X_X I can't perfect it at all(the tests and the lyrics composing is much better). Also, the reason I'm not touching the anime adaptation was prolly same reason I ignored the hakuouki anime: Damn, main guy is main guy and other guys are thrown out of picture! Hijirikawa-sama!!! Dx the reason I'm chasing the manga's pants is cause its my habit that once i read the manga, i'd read it till the end.....

And the reason why I'm psychological trauma-d by that stupid idiotic manhwa of Hwang Mi Ri er, hot blooded woman. It certainly damaged my brain! D:< The worst of all the worsts of those worst of worsts that were being worst of a worsts. The story is incredibly confusing, the characters are annoying and if I can go to korea and see Hwang mi ri, I would go there and kill her, the plot was nice but the story is damn forsaken stupid and annoying. And even though i wanna stop reading, i can't cause my habit is acting up and i can't sleep if i don't finish the stupid manhwa. >:( I'm not really recommending it unless you have same habit of mine or you just wanna annoy yourself to death.

Celestie
Veteran

#70 Post by Celestie »

Battle Royale 2? I saw the first page and immediately stopped reading. because at least the rwealistic art style fit the story, teh dark and psychological themes, whereas that art style seems so light and I don't like it, either. Actually, the same applies to Higurashi's style, I Iunno why I stopped with BR2 but not with Higurashi. Oh well...

And about UtaPri anime...unlike Hakuoki, that has to follow a certain storyline, I guess, since it's historical and all and they wanted to convey that, but to be honest, I stopped watching Hakuoki somewhere in teh second season, so... currently UtaPri anime dedicates one episode to one guy each...sort of in a linear plotline but with focus on one guy every new episode; since there are 12 episodes, it's either something else will follow or they will get another episode each after that...can't say yet. I can only say it's very amusing and I like watching it more than Hakuoki because of the humor, soemtimes well-placed, sometimes a bit exaggerated, but music is awesome and the art is very well-done, too, pretty close to the game's art, I guess, and ...well, give it a try?

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#71 Post by manga_otaku »

Battle Royale 2 has nothing to do with the first one does it? O.o

Re-reading Eyeshield 21 again :3 I saw a close up to Himura's face and I was like "Yup. I like his character." Lol I sound like a machoist...
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#72 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I think Battle Royale 2 has something in relation with the first one :)
I kinda read in Wikipedia that Shuuya and Noriko form some rebellion of sorts with other winners of past Programs, and the next game's goals are not to kill each other but to hunt down Shuuya and the ragtag group... Not so sure though XD
(If only Shogo was in it D:)

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#73 Post by Snow Blossom »

manga_otaku wrote:I saw a close up to Himura's face and I was like "Yup. I like his character."
Do you mean Hiruma? Cuz I just adore his teeth and ears. XD Eyeshield 21 is just about the only sports-manga I've finished.

Has anyone heard of God of High School? It's a korean webtoon about fighting and becoming, well, the god of high school, and it is AWESOME. Also, there are bishies~ XD

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#74 Post by MaiMai »

I love, love, LOVE Eyeshield 21. All the characters main and side are the most interesting in any sport manga I've tried to pick up. And like Snow Blossom, it's the only one I finished.

I absolutely cannot read anything by Hwang Mi Rang without feeling positively angry and frustrated. What I hate about her comics is not only the stories, but the art style really annoys me since her figures are so stiff! And the old people she draws aren't old people, they're young people with lines added to their face.

Right now I've been reading Mister Ajikko... Because of FOOD! :D It's also an old classic manga from the 80's which kind of hits a soft spot for me. You can tell it's old by it's cartoonish style reminiscent of Tezuka, but not quite. But I always feel hungry after reading it.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#75 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Watch UtaPri

Just watch it.

At least episode 5.

But I think they change a lot of things from the game to the anime.
deviantART
---------------------