recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

For the rest of your otaku life.
OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

#16 Post by OtomeWeekend »

^ I recently read 1/2 prince, believe me, I don't read taiwanese manhua but I liked this one(just that i dunno but the romance part is a bit off since there really isn't much romance and more focused on the game... I'm a romance reader but I'd say the writer is better off not putting romance elements on it) ---sides, the girl is usually acting manly, I won't mind if this was BL but I seriously don't like it, especially at the climax part(I've read the raws)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#17 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I recommend Noblesse.

v M-21. End of story.
M-21.jpg
Seriously though. Technically it is a Korean webtoon and while I wouldn't exactly say it has an original story line, it is a VERY additive read. For the girls, barely any romance, but hot guys everywhere! Pretty cool action sequences and humour too. It is hard to say what it is about without it sounding terribly cliched, so I just recommend people try it.

Kimiko
Regular

#18 Post by Kimiko »

@ OtomeWeekend & PervertPrince: Ohh~ I love 1/2 Prince! Can't wait for the new chapters to be released! ♥

I'm reading like a lot of manga. But the one I liked most is Mishounen Produce by Ichinose Kaoru. It's too bad that it's so unknown! >3< 'Cuz it's a really cute shoujo manga! ♥
I'm going to smile like nothing's wrong. Talk like everything's perfect, act like it’s all a dream and pretend it's not hurting me.

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#19 Post by manga_otaku »

Noblesse annoyed me because the pages were waaaaaaay too long - seriously I kept missing frames >.<"

1/2 Prince = <3 awesome manhwa - and I'm not s big fan of them. the way it's read left to right.

Initial D - street racing. Good storyline so far but the arts average. It's a bit of an old manga I suppose xD

The Breaker (and 'The Breaker: New Waves) - Manhwa. Bullied protagonist gets trained up by cool supply teacher on a mission? Sexy school nurse from his past? Ki centers and fighting? AWESOME~!

And that's SOME of the manga/manhwa I'd recommend xD
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#20 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I actually enjoyed how Noblesse had one long page per chapter, it helped with the immersion because you didn't have to keep clicking through the pages. I absolutly hate when they chop up the pages though, the panels are not made to be read that way and the pages are too short. Even when a webtoon makes it to print like Trace (also quite an addictive read), they rearrange the panels so there is more on each page.

I have read Mishounen Produce, and it is quite good. The art especially is very pretty. I'm still waiting for there to be more to the story though. I think Strobe Edge is much better, definitely one of the top shojo manga going around.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#21 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I also have read Mishounen Produce. The story was indeed good but I think I've seen a story like this before, not really something I'd watch over monthly(it just happens that it was in the same magazine of a certain manga I've been reading that I just read it out of whim) since I'm really tired with those kind of heroines....

I'd say that Strobe Edge was indeed far better... though I love Koukou Debut ~Enren Debut(season 2 of koukou debut unless uninformed) the best. I've been a fan of koukou debut ever since i've read it 2 years ago XDD the story is awesome and i think it was more original(haruna was unique and though she might be like some other heroines too, there really is just something different, something really unique to it....)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#22 Post by lordcloudx »

I'd recommend Onani Master Kurosawa. Death-note-ish visuals with an action-packed story about coming of age, revenge, love and wanking off in the girl's room all in one manga. Once you get past the admittedly touchy "gimmick" behind the series, you'll find that it's a great story on par with classics such as GTO.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#23 Post by Silvere »

Yep, definitely Onani Master Kurosawa.
It was the first Manga that made me cry at a certain point ;_; (And no, it´s not 'cause of him and the girls toilet xD)

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#24 Post by manga_otaku »

Onani Master Kurosawa disturbed me for a while
due to all the submission and all that but I got used to it by the fourth time it happened xD
It was a pretty good way to end the whole thing with the reunion. It was a bit depressing to see that she became reclusive and a NEET in a way, but I suppose she should have stuck up for herself rather than blackmail him and rely on him to jerk off over all the girls' stuff.
EDIT @ Silvere: Thanks for reminder xD
Last edited by manga_otaku on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Silvere
Veteran

#25 Post by Silvere »

Pls, spoiler tag ;_;

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#26 Post by OtomeWeekend »

haha, eh? is this onani sajodajhfoajf(sorry) an ecchi one? *with all this girls toilet and submission stuff)

Silvere
Veteran

#27 Post by Silvere »

Nah, not exactly.
It´s more a Drama/Romance. :3

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#28 Post by OtomeWeekend »

oh, i somehow wanna read it ;_;

Najica
Regular
Completed: Connection

#29 Post by Najica »

I'd say its ecchi, but it has it's reasons to do that.. it's not the ecchi where "Here, boobs, be happy :D" kind ^^;

I read quite a few, and I'd like to recommend Otaku no musume and Oyasumi punpun =3
why? Give em a try and if you have the same tastes as me you'll notice ;D

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#30 Post by lordcloudx »

Oh, and I might as well post some of my other recommended manga here.

Smuggler by Shohei Manabe: A one-shot (single volume) story about an aspiring stage actor who somehow gets lured into dealing with loan sharks and working for a professional transporter (makes sure the goods get to the client no matter what.) Slightly over the top fight scenes but pretty realistic over-all.

The Embalmer by Mitsukazu Mihara: Actually, read any of Mitsukazu Mihara's works including Doll and RIP (Requiem In Phonybrian) and you'll know what to expect here. Relatively short, self-contained, mostly angsty stories about different aspects of life with a slice of the supernatural. This particular manga follows the life of an embalmer living in Japan where embalming is not so common.

Confidential Confessions by Reiko Momochi: Kinda like Mitsukazu Mihara's stories but without the supernatural elements. Confidential Cnfessions is mostly about real life social issues such as teen suicide, prostitution, etc.

Calling You by Otsu Ichi: Actually, this is a compilation of three short stories and is classified as a light novel instead of a manga. Calling You features the same kind of slice of life stories that I like from authors like Mitsukazu Mihara that show people from all walks of life dealing with real life problems and with just a slice of the supernatural that doesn't detract from the inspiring, bittersweet tone of their stories.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)