Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

Re: Hakuouki PSP confirmed for localization

#61 Post by broken_angel »

SilverxBlue wrote: And also,
Am I the only girl who wanted Sanan-san to have a route? /shot
No, you're not the only one. ;D

In fact, there were several guys I wish had a route, even if it was short and non-romantic (like a friend route or something)... Shinpachi stands out, since he's a major character, seems to be not that much older than Harada, is a likeable guy, and yet he's not a romanceable character. After watching the anime, I'd fully expected him to be one, but apparently not. I also thought Yamazaki deserved a route since I liked him a lot, but maybe that's just me.

But definitely, I wish Sanan had a route... He makes madness look good.

akizakura
Regular
Completed: Adversity Comp 2012
Projects: Everything's Going My Way
Organization: Mitayume

#62 Post by akizakura »

Blue Lemma wrote: But man, this thing has otome written all over it! Not what I usually play, but I'm still giving it a shot. So far it's all right, but it'll be hard to get past all the flowers and flower references!
LOL Hats off to you for giving it a shot, BL!

I haven't finished it yet, but so far it's been good. I've only finished Heisuke's route and
Kazama's route.
But there definitely are certain characters who didn't get a route that I wish had.
Come on, where's my Kondo route? And a Yamazaki or a Sanan route would have also been nice.
And does playing this game make anyone else want to (re)watch Kenshin? :D

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#63 Post by SilverxBlue »

broken_angel wrote: In fact, there were several guys I wish had a route, even if it was short and non-romantic (like a friend route or something)... Shinpachi stands out, since he's a major character, seems to be not that much older than Harada, is a likeable guy, and yet he's not a romanceable character. After watching the anime, I'd fully expected him to be one, but apparently not. I also thought Yamazaki deserved a route since I liked him a lot, but maybe that's just me.

But definitely, I wish Sanan had a route... He makes madness look good.
Haha! It's not only Sanan that I wanted a route for, I kinda liked Sen too and wished she had a friendship route. I thought it'd be nice since the player can dig deeper into Chizuru's heritage if she hangs around Sen.
And no you're not the only one who liked Yamazaki, I liked him too.

But still... I liked Sanan a whole lot more. XD
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#64 Post by Blue Lemma »

SilverxBlue wrote:Eh? There weren't that many flower references. Well... except for the cheery blossom thingy scenes, but there were only two or three of those.
Did you see the box? :wink:
Why do I have the feeling everyone's going to turn into furies...?
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#65 Post by SilverxBlue »

Uh... Not really. I only asked my brother to buy it on PSN. XD
That's what I thought first too.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

dollssoulkirie

#66 Post by dollssoulkirie »

Blue Lemma wrote:
SilverxBlue wrote:Eh? There weren't that many flower references. Well... except for the cheery blossom thingy scenes, but there were only two or three of those.
Did you see the box? :wink:
Why do I have the feeling everyone's going to turn into furies...?
Actually, one person doesn't. Well, two, if you count Kazama. *finished all the routes a few days ago*

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#67 Post by Blue Lemma »

Just finished the Saito route. Kept getting bad endings for a while though since I was originally going after Toudou but somehow ended up on Saito accidentally. Thank goodness for text skipping!

Good game though it needs more Sen and Yukimura :D
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#68 Post by Mink »

Though I haven't finished the game yet, I have to admit that after meeting/talking to Sen I keep thinking, "Damn, why isn't this about her?"

Edit: Finished it, and I ended up alone. Of course. And I still think it should be about Sen.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Twisted-Eva
Regular
Projects: Our Crossing Paths

#69 Post by Twisted-Eva »

I managed to finish all the guys' routes. I like Okita and Saito's the best. Heisuke... I only did for his hair XD (well he warmed up quicker than others). I'm sorry guys but... Hijikata was such a hardass up until the last playable chapter. Aahaha, I mean the guy was stone hard as a commander, but he didn't crack until the last chapter where he
hugs the main character tightly and confesses that he was thinking about her the entire time they were apart. I guess he didn't realize it until she was gone.
Really though, it was sad that
EVERYONE dies except for Harada and Shinpachi in Hijikata's route.
I like how the plot changes slightly for each of the guys' route where there seems to be 3 antagonists. Okita personally had a completely different antagonist whereas Saito and Hijikata shared a bad guy. Heisuke got his own and Harada and the secret guy shared a bad guy as well. Playing through Okita, Saito, and Heisuke's route opened up all of the story although sticking with Okita made me miss out on a lot of story. Saito was just so adorable when his cool, reserved self ran into emotions of embarrassment and love. Okita was endearing to a certain extent... well, after
his illness kicks in.
Okita's bad ending got its own CG and was the first ending I got and flew into a cussing rage. Harada's was just fluff so I wasn't that into it and I'm so disappointed the secret guy's route is super short.
Deviantart Account
Current Project: Our Crossing Paths [GxB] [Alternate History/Drama]

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#70 Post by WatchJessieGo »

Yet another reason for me to get a PSP.

Now, if only they would localize Key's VNs... God, I would be so happy.

Soli-chan
Projects: Starlocket, PAPER FACES, Avrilun, Halcyon Days, Macrumbia: Interlude of the Dreaming
Organization: s00t studi0s

#71 Post by Soli-chan »

HNNNNNGH Hakuoki continues and I hear in one of the games you get to bromance it up with the Shinsengumi. And then Chizuru returns in the latest which has updated characters, actual fighting AND A SANNAN AND NAGUKURA ROUTE KSDJFLEWLRERL

So I really hope they get encouraged by the sales and translate these two as well. Speaking of, any way you can check how Demon of the Fleeting Blossom is doing sales wise?

On a separate note, I'm slowly making my way on Okita's route. Slowly to savor this lush beauty that is Hakuoki and will likely take awhile to find all the option trees. Also saving Harada for last because I heard his route is one damn fine sexy beast so I hope to not get swayed.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#72 Post by SilverxBlue »

Probably a bit late to add this... But... I just wanted to link you guys to one of the most epic Let's Play threads ever. (It's probably second best to the Hatoful Boyfriend LP.)

Seriously, after reading five pages of that thread, I found myself wanting to replay Hakuoki all over again. XD
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

TenshiEffect

#73 Post by TenshiEffect »

I have some good news!
Hakuoki has gotten licensed by Sentai Filmworks and they will release the anime series in the US. :D
Sentai Filmworks Adds Hakuōki

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#74 Post by icebluehost »

Can anyone help me out? I'm missing a CG of Saito's (the 3rd box in the gallery) what scene or chapter is this? I was hoping to complete the set...

Twisted-Eva
Regular
Projects: Our Crossing Paths

#75 Post by Twisted-Eva »

icebluehost wrote:Can anyone help me out? I'm missing a CG of Saito's (the 3rd box in the gallery) what scene or chapter is this? I was hoping to complete the set...
In Chapter 2-Part 3, did you choose to check up on Okita's condition and choose to go around instead of catching up to Okita? Or is it Chapter 3-Part 1 where you tell Saito and Heisuke you felt betrayed? Those are the ones I can guess you're missing.
Deviantart Account
Current Project: Our Crossing Paths [GxB] [Alternate History/Drama]