Hakuouki PSP confirmed for localization

For the rest of your otaku life.
icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

Re: Hakuouki PSP confirmed for localization

#76 Post by icebluehost »

Aha! I didn't get the one where you were supposed to check on Okita's condition. Thanks for the help!

And I agree with most people here about wanting a route for Sanan and Shinpachi. It's such a shame they don't have routes considering they're one of the main characters.
Sanan grew on me, especially on Hijikata's route when he helps kill the furies in the end. XD And you can't help but feel sorry for him for what happened to him.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#77 Post by teacup »

I just got this game a week ago, and spent the entire last night playing through Souji's route.
I-I don't think I can finish this game. I've become so attached to him that I have absolutely no desire to play the other guys o_o
And funnily enough, I was going to go for Saito first. Buut the moment I heard Souji's voice, I was in love and I forgot about Saito xD
I probably won't be able to play this for about a month until I can get over him ;; OTL I don't usually become attached to 2D guys like this, what's wrong with me
edit: Oh yeah, and all the previous concerns I had about the translation are pretty much gone. The game is very well written. I think I've noticed 3 typos, but that's it.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#78 Post by Mink »

Oh, Souji Okita Souji. I don't know what it is about your voice, but yours is the only one who'll lines I'll completely listen to~

On a different note, something's really been bothering me about a character in this game. You know how Kazama
keeps trying to kidnap Snowflake Yukimura to have his children? Provided you're not trying to date him (which...can't you? I haven't tried it yet), doesn't this sort of imply rape? I mean, if she completely doesn't want him, and he keeps going, "I'M KIDNAPPING YOU TO HAVE MY DEMON BABIES NO MATTER WHAT", then...yeeeaaah.
Fridge Horror, AWAY!

And I still wish this game was about Sen. 8| I'm sorry, Yukimura, but I just think Sen is more interesting. And competent.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#79 Post by Blane Doyle »

^Well this IS the first game in the series, so it is not surprising that a new character would be better written, yes?

And... yeah, I think it DOES imply that. That apparently isn't uncommon for otome games, if the reviewers I follow are to be believed. I think it may be a culture thing?

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#80 Post by Mink »

I just think it's weird that Sen is more interesting than Yukimura, even though you hardly see Sen. I mean, the few times Sen pops up, I'm like, "Can I play as you, and just leave Yukimura to go about her life, with men constantly coming to her rescue because she's incapable of doing anything for herself?" /tangent

I just think it's kind of writing!fail when the main character is less interesting as compared to a secondary character that only pops up every now and then.
And... yeah, I think it DOES imply that. That apparently isn't uncommon for otome games, if the reviewers I follow are to be believed. I think it may be a culture thing?
Mm, maybe. Actually, I think I read that they toned down certain...rapey...parts in this game (the localization, I mean). How true that is, I don't know.

Edit: On that note, I'd attribute Yukimura's uselessness/being told to stay put all the time to the setting/time/whatever, but the fact this has
demons, vampires, vampiric-demons, and magical water
only makes me go "8|".

*Website, yo*

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#81 Post by SilverxBlue »

Souji Okita is so popular. D: One of my friends turned into a scary Okitra fangirl after I let her borrow my PSP.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#82 Post by Mink »

It's probably the voice.

Oh, Okita. I have more or less zero idea of what you're saying without reading, but I love to listen to you talk. <3

*Website, yo*

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#83 Post by teacup »

Mink wrote:It's probably the voice.

Oh, Okita. I have more or less zero idea of what you're saying without reading, but I love to listen to you talk. <3
Definitely the voice.
I can't count the number of times I replayed his lines just to hear his voice over again (*´д`*)
Well, his voice is what initially attracted me to him but I ended up loving his personality too. Once he warmed up to the heroine, I found him really endearing.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#84 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Oh the trouble I had getting my hands on this game. I had to order it from America cause it sure as hell wasn't coming here, and then I had to hunt down a second hand PSP cause no-one sells them new anymore and then I had to hunt down a memory card for it... it turned out to be quite an expensive game. But oh well, I'm really enjoying it and if it encourage more otome games to get translated then they can have my money.
Twisted Eva wrote:Heisuke... I only did for his hair XD
Oh, me too! I did him first though... I'm actually pretty sure I'm doing them in order of how much I like their hair XP
Protag-chan and I were on the same page as well in Heisuke's route after he got his western clothes. It's all about the hair.
But the game is really quite well done, and the writing isn't quite as flowery and drawn out as I thought it would be. The translators did a pretty good job with that too. The art has already changed the way I want to draw things, which is... difficult, but nice.
I'm still not sure what the go is with the main character though. She doesn't annoy me or anything and it's nice that she is given some moments to stand up for herself (not sure how much of that is original and how much is through translation for western audiences) but I haven't figured out why she is a demon? Apart from being Kazama's potential bride. Everyone goes on and on how demons are faster and stronger than humans and she... isn't. So I'm a bit confused on that front. Unless it's explained in one of the routes I haven't done.
I didn't like Sen that much, I did find her kind of annoying. She's nice and everything, just not my type of character.

Twisted-Eva
Regular
Projects: Our Crossing Paths

#85 Post by Twisted-Eva »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:But the game is really quite well done, and the writing isn't quite as flowery and drawn out as I thought it would be. The translators did a pretty good job with that too. The art has already changed the way I want to draw things, which is... difficult, but nice.
I'm still not sure what the go is with the main character though. She doesn't annoy me or anything and it's nice that she is given some moments to stand up for herself (not sure how much of that is original and how much is through translation for western audiences) but I haven't figured out why she is a demon? Apart from being Kazama's potential bride. Everyone goes on and on how demons are faster and stronger than humans and she... isn't. So I'm a bit confused on that front. Unless it's explained in one of the routes I haven't done.
I didn't like Sen that much, I did find her kind of annoying. She's nice and everything, just not my type of character.
Okita's route explains the heroine's family background. Oh, and she probably sucks because she never had thorough combat training like Kazama.
Deviantart Account
Current Project: Our Crossing Paths [GxB] [Alternate History/Drama]

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#86 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Twisted-Eva wrote:Okita's route explains the heroine's family background. Oh, and she probably sucks because she never had thorough combat training like Kazama.
Ah, I see. I haven't done his yet so I'll reserve full judgement until then :)
At the moment I feel her being a demon is rather superficial to the story. They say she is a demon but they don't really show it too much or why it's important to the story. I think she would have been a much more interesting character for it. It's kind of like saying Harry Potter is a wizard but then he can't actually do magic. Though I wasn't expecting her to be stronger than the trained demons, or even the trained humans, just a bit more evidence that she was different. You could probably remove the fact she is a demon, lean back on the fact she is the daughter of the guy who created the furies and the story woulld still stand up.
The guys stories on the other hand have been wonderful so far, so it's not a huge complaint. Just an odd niggly feeling like there should be more.