Niconico.com + A certain reverse harem anime

For the rest of your otaku life.
lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

Niconico.com + A certain reverse harem anime

#1 Post by lepapillonrouge »

So some of you might've heard that the Japanese video streaming site Nico Nico Douga has an English site now called niconico.com.
Some people think it will be a fail and all.

Just watch this.
http://video.niconico.com/watch/1309537271

Also, besides this...anime, they're showing that new Blood+ anime, and hopefully others as well.
This link will only be free for a week, so watch asap.

By the way, if you have a NND account, you can use the same username as long as you use the same email for niconico.com as in NND.

And then you can watch the goodness.

---
On a serious note, what do you guys think of this?
Nico Nico Douga became very popular with otaku and such, do you think niconico.com will be somewhat popular in the English speaking world?
deviantART
---------------------

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Niconico.com + A certain reverse harem anime

#2 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I don't know what Nico Nico Douga is in the first place?

I do know that anime though, I have read some of the manga. It is based on an otome I think. I didn't find it really interesting, kind of similar to La Corda D'Oro I suppose.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#3 Post by Aleema »

NND was popular because Japanese people posted there, and we wanted to see what THEY were posting. It was also popular for the embedded comments things (where your comment strolls along the top of the video) but several sites are doing that, too. I really don't like the requirement of signing in to see videos. If I remember correctly, NND was very anal about it that I got mad at them for it many times. I don't actually like their website model, apart from the comment interactivity (though it's usually "vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv"), and they remove videos liberally. Don't see this catching on.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Eh?

Nico Nico Douga is kind of like youtube, but it's more focused on anime/otaku related videos (with exceptions)...I think.
And the comments are actually on the video instead of below.

|D yeah, the anime is not really that interesting...I mostly watched it for the commentary.

But then again Norio Wakamoto is the headmaster of the school where it takes place and is absolutely FAAAABULOUS

---
Hmm, that is true.
Maybe if they show in demand anime on niconico.com more often, maybe people will join?
But yeah, the signing up thing is kind of a drag for some people, I guess.
deviantART
---------------------

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#5 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Ah I see. I don't like signing in for things either. I'm not sure why exactly. Maybe I just don't like being forced to do things and go off in a huff. Also a lot of schemes start by making you sign up for things. It is like those stupid sites that make you fill in questionnaire to do anything and they ask for personal information. Makes me wary unless I know the site really well.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#6 Post by Taleweaver »

lepapillonrouge wrote:they're showing that new Blood+ anime
There's a new Blood+ anime? Oh dear... the old one was pretty mediocre, bordering on terrible. Is it a remake, or a sequel, or finally something that has at least a fleeting relation to "Blood: The Last Vampire"?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#7 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

It might be Blood C http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood-C I'm not sure though. I never got into Blood+ so yeah.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by lepapillonrouge »

The only thing I know about Blood-C is that it's character designs are by CLAMP xD
deviantART
---------------------

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#9 Post by yummy »

Blood+ was only a remake of Blood (OAV). It was way more awesome because it was meant for a more mature audience. But at that time, because of this, it didn't sell well.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#10 Post by Taleweaver »

yummy wrote:Blood+ was only a remake of Blood (OAV). It was way more awesome because it was meant for a more mature audience. But at that time, because of this, it didn't sell well.
I beg to differ. It had little if anything to do with the OVA. It was a lengthy series with the only connection being "girl with katana fights bat-monsters".
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#11 Post by yummy »

Yes I agree, I meant the OAV was awesome, not sure how I phrased it ^^;
The TV series was just a pale afterimage after that. In the OAV, there was this sense of paranoia, somewhat psychotic atmosphere you find in Batman Arkham azylum. And the heroin was way less expressive, more like a silent shadow.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#12 Post by sayuri »

Blood+ is personally my favorite anime, for whatever reason, so... :D. Now I could care about Nico Nico XD

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#13 Post by lordcloudx »

I liked blood+ myself. I especially liked the music. The story itself was compelling enough to keep my attention for all 51 episodes.

I never really tried to compare it with the OVA, BUT In any case, it was looonger and therefore, had fully developed characturs! ... or something.

On the topic of niconico.com, I don't like the forced registration myself. Good thing I could kinda automate it using my facebook account. (ZOMG! I has a facebook! Te-teh blasphemy!). Also, the site loads a lot slower than youtube from my experience and sometimes the next recommended videos don't load at all. It also has a lot of Hatsune Miku songs I've never seen on youtube before - that's a plus for me.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#14 Post by LVUER »

I still haven't watch Blood-C (it's new), but I don't really like Blood+. But I really like Blood:The Last Vampire (the anime one, not the live-action one).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Celestie
Veteran

#15 Post by Celestie »

...I am too lazy to register there now and I don't want to use my facebook account on it. Oh, but...now using my NND account it tells me that it can only be viewed by a limited amount of regions. That is a minus for those who may not be English-speaking countries but use English to get through the net. Oh well.

On another note, Uta no Prince-sama...I'd rather play it than watch it but oh well. The heroine's eyes look kinda funny, what with that pale pupils? I know, the same's for the game, but still, animated it looks odd.
And the ED (which in the first episode is the intro song) is...catchy. The guys are flashy. But I know why I don't like boybands in general. Even if I kinda get addicted to that song.... And the boys can shake their hips alright xD The OP (that is the ED in the first episode) is apparently sung by Miyano Mamoru *A*
The entire seiyuu cast is awesome, I think that and the pretty nice animation is what makes me want to continue watching that anime. And the humor is pretty nicely animated (with one exception I find unfitting so far). I am sad about Sawashiro Miyuki (the main character's voice) not sounding her awesome self like in Durarara!! to fit the heroine's character...TAT
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*