To this day I still have no idea if the anime I watched after that was bad or if it was the aftereffects of School Days. (Asura Cryin' was the anime I watched afterwards)
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:44 pm
- Projects: Best friends and something more(GxB)
- Location: Wonderland, Cheshire tea party, was it?
Naruto-I really don't understand what's the big fret over this. I mean I don't know why it's so popular. The plot is on the first look passable but then you notice a LOT of cliches and there's too much fillers. I have to say that I think that this is just a try to copy much better animes. And to add Art SUCK. There's a lot better stuff from 1990's.
RomeoxJuliet-I KNOW that they wanted to make anime so similiar to book but they should realize what the audience like. I mean, they die from MAGIC?!-.- I'm sure this anime would be A LOT more popular if the ending was happy. -_-'
To Love-Ru-I label this as THE WORST anime EVER~! I mean, it's so obvious that he chases after one girl I guess they wanted to add some drama with some love from middle age, but still. And the main character ends up with THEM ALL??!WTF?
Ultra Maniac-This is one of the first animes I watched and I liked it. Full stop. I mean, anime like anime isn't anything special, it left mild memory on me, but the ending?I mean it was so seen trough that the main characters loved each other sooooo much and there wasn't a kiss. Come on people. -_-'Oh and the last:
School days-IT SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME TT^TT. First, I was annoyed by the main character that was so... blank and up for all -.-. And then pregnancy and killing. Excuse me?!When I first checked it said no horror. And then bummer no head, blood... and eternal love. Can I throw up somewhere. Now, when I see anything related to this anime i cover it up with hand.
Sometimes I don't know what the producers are thinking. There are soo much better mangas that haven't been turned into animes and this got the spot??I just can't believe it!
- Megane Procrastinator
- Posts: 4099
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
- Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
- Projects: At Regime's End
- Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
- Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
This.Crusher wrote:2. K-On! - What the fuck is this shit? I was constantly wondering "What's actually good in this show?" when I watched it. I didn't find an answer no matter how hard I tried. I didn't laugh, I didn't cry, I was just...watching.
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - I stopped watching this anime when
Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations - Loads of people love this OVA, but I just can't, the music and art is nice but.. but.. my sweet, cute and cheerful Tsubasa Chronicles became.. dark.
It followed the Manga pretty well.. I wish the Manga didn't change it's genre.
Other than these three, it might just be me but, I can't watch anime that has too many explicitly perverted themes.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 pm
- Projects: Eve of eternitY (RPG maker)
- Location: Can't come up with something clever for this box.
Love because it's awesome.
Hate because I'm a feminist.
Other than that... Lucky star was just really boring for me. And I couldn't finish the second season of Haruhi, which was unfortunate since the first season was fantastic.
Also, I love almost all of the classic series "Nadia: The secret of Blue Water," but there's a chunk in the middle referred to ominously as "the Island episodes" which make me want to harm myself and everyone around me. But then again, it gets redeemed by the ending, so it's all good.
Serial Experiment Lain was pretentious and so was the first GitS movie, Stand Alone Complex was good though.
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)
EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!
It's based on the original, of course it wasn't going to have a happy ending. The original Romeo and Juliete was grimdark. RomeoxJuliete was essensially both an adaptation and distillation of the original.Cute.Sakura.Princess wrote:RomeoxJuliet-I KNOW that they wanted to make anime so similiar to book but they should realize what the audience like. I mean, they die from MAGIC?!-.- I'm sure this anime would be A LOT more popular if the ending was happy. -_-'
Higurashi was a worse offender of this, School days at least slowly inched it's way towards it's NICE BOAT ending. And it wasn't horror, it was just showing the extreme concequences of cheating on the people you love. And VN!Makoto is a much better person than the jerkass Anime!Makoto. Anime!Makoto only cared about getting laid, nothing else.Cute.Sakura.Princess wrote:School days-IT SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME TT^TT. First, I was annoyed by the main character that was so... blank and up for all -.-. And then pregnancy and killing. Excuse me?!When I first checked it said no horror. And then bummer no head, blood... and eternal love. Can I throw up somewhere. Now, when I see anything related to this anime i cover it up with hand.
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:44 pm
- Projects: Unnamed short project
- Organization: [ctrl] + minds
- Location: New Jersey
1) Dragon Drive - A boy plays a video game that turns out to be real and winds up going to the world where dragons really exist. It sucks. The characters are bland and really cliche.
2) Shakugan no Shana - I watched the first season. I was hoping that the cool looking loli chick was going to kick all kinds of butt. Instead it turned into another Rie Kugimiya screech-fest.
3) Final Fantasy Unlimited - Much like that long forgotten Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within movie, this show has only the barest resemblance to any of the video games.
And in general I hate most anime with Rie Kugimiya in it (not ToraDora!), moe-blob "cute girls do cute things", and stupid fan service.
-Apocalypse Zero. The plot is pointless, the characters are cardboard cutouts, the animation is terrible, and it's just plain disturbing.
-Anything from the Hinako series. Especially "Sleeping With Hinako". It's basically 45 minutes of watching a girl sleep with her shifting every 15 seconds and waking up occasionally. Even more sad, I know people who have sat through the entire 45 minutes.
- Ren'Py Creator
- Posts: 15476
- Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:58 am
- Completed: Moonlight Walks
- Projects: Ren'Py
- IRC Nick: renpytom
- Github: renpytom
- itch: renpytom
- Location: Kings Park, NY
Isn't it longer than that, in the original. IIRC, it uses some clever DVD programming to loop various segments of animation to simulate a full night's sleep. That doesn't really come across in a "fansub" version of it, where it tends to get squished down into a linear file.-Anything from the Hinako series. Especially "Sleeping With Hinako". It's basically 45 minutes of watching a girl sleep with her shifting every 15 seconds and waking up occasionally. Even more sad, I know people who have sat through the entire 45 minutes.
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Silly and fun things are important." - Elon Musk
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom
- Posts: 356
- Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:02 pm
- Projects: Valentine Square (writer) Spiral Destiny (programmer)
- Location: The treacherous Brazilian Rainforest
It allows you to share files with your team, keeps backups of previous versions, and is ridiculously easy to use.
- Posts: 194
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 3:52 am
- Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)
- Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Oh, and I think I can add the entire season of Sailor Moon: Super S to the pile -_-
- Posts: 210
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:25 pm
- Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall
& Hellsing. Horribly done, and the potential it had just kills me...
And Eiken. Idiotic fanservice, no plot, extremely oversized boobs that break my back just looking at it.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users