Worst anime you have ever watched?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Weakjounin
Veteran

Re: Worst anime you have ever watched?

#76 Post by Weakjounin »

School Days. I hated the characters since the beginning, something about them just put me off. Then the ending just became a mess. It ruined my day and perhaps ruined the next anime I watched.
To this day I still have no idea if the anime I watched after that was bad or if it was the aftereffects of School Days. (Asura Cryin' was the anime I watched afterwards)

Cute.Sakura.Princess
Regular
Projects: Best friends and something more(GxB)

#77 Post by Cute.Sakura.Princess »

Hmmm..
Naruto-I really don't understand what's the big fret over this. I mean I don't know why it's so popular. The plot is on the first look passable but then you notice a LOT of cliches and there's too much fillers. I have to say that I think that this is just a try to copy much better animes. And to add Art SUCK. There's a lot better stuff from 1990's.
RomeoxJuliet-I KNOW that they wanted to make anime so similiar to book but they should realize what the audience like. I mean, they die from MAGIC?!-.- I'm sure this anime would be A LOT more popular if the ending was happy. -_-'
To Love-Ru-I label this as THE WORST anime EVER~! I mean, it's so obvious that he chases after one girl I guess they wanted to add some drama with some love from middle age, but still. And the main character ends up with THEM ALL??!WTF?
Ultra Maniac-This is one of the first animes I watched and I liked it. Full stop. I mean, anime like anime isn't anything special, it left mild memory on me, but the ending?I mean it was so seen trough that the main characters loved each other sooooo much and there wasn't a kiss. Come on people. -_-'Oh and the last:
School days-IT SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME TT^TT. First, I was annoyed by the main character that was so... blank and up for all -.-. And then pregnancy and killing. Excuse me?!When I first checked it said no horror. And then bummer no head, blood... and eternal love. Can I throw up somewhere. Now, when I see anything related to this anime i cover it up with hand.
Sometimes I don't know what the producers are thinking. There are soo much better mangas that haven't been turned into animes and this got the spot??I just can't believe it!

Seven
Regular

#78 Post by Seven »

Soul Eater.
I have watch many anime,but I think this is the worst that I have ever seen.
I HATE THE CHARACTER.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#79 Post by azureXtwilight »

Crusher wrote:2. K-On! - What the fuck is this shit? I was constantly wondering "What's actually good in this show?" when I watched it. I didn't find an answer no matter how hard I tried. I didn't laugh, I didn't cry, I was just...watching.
This.

facades
Regular

#80 Post by facades »

Peach girl - I watched this when I was quite young.. It gave me quite a shock that girls can be so evil.

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - I stopped watching this anime when
the male protagonist ended up in another woman's bed for who knows what reason.

Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations - Loads of people love this OVA, but I just can't, the music and art is nice but.. but.. my sweet, cute and cheerful Tsubasa Chronicles became.. dark.
It followed the Manga pretty well.. I wish the Manga didn't change it's genre.

Other than these three, it might just be me but, I can't watch anime that has too many explicitly perverted themes.

kingjing
Projects: Eve of eternitY (RPG maker)

#81 Post by kingjing »

I have a love/hate thing for Gurren Lagann.
Love because it's awesome.
Hate because I'm a feminist.

Other than that... Lucky star was just really boring for me. And I couldn't finish the second season of Haruhi, which was unfortunate since the first season was fantastic.

Also, I love almost all of the classic series "Nadia: The secret of Blue Water," but there's a chunk in the middle referred to ominously as "the Island episodes" which make me want to harm myself and everyone around me. But then again, it gets redeemed by the ending, so it's all good. :P

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#82 Post by Omnificent »

I hate Ladies vs Butlers because it's in that horrible crawlspace of 'we wanted to make hentai but this is the wrong timeslot' awkwardness and it has every harem cliche I have come to detest.

Serial Experiment Lain was pretentious and so was the first GitS movie, Stand Alone Complex was good though.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#83 Post by HigurashiKira »

Cute.Sakura.Princess wrote:RomeoxJuliet-I KNOW that they wanted to make anime so similiar to book but they should realize what the audience like. I mean, they die from MAGIC?!-.- I'm sure this anime would be A LOT more popular if the ending was happy. -_-'
It's based on the original, of course it wasn't going to have a happy ending. The original Romeo and Juliete was grimdark. RomeoxJuliete was essensially both an adaptation and distillation of the original.
Cute.Sakura.Princess wrote:School days-IT SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME TT^TT. First, I was annoyed by the main character that was so... blank and up for all -.-. And then pregnancy and killing. Excuse me?!When I first checked it said no horror. And then bummer no head, blood... and eternal love. Can I throw up somewhere. Now, when I see anything related to this anime i cover it up with hand.
Higurashi was a worse offender of this, School days at least slowly inched it's way towards it's NICE BOAT ending. And it wasn't horror, it was just showing the extreme concequences of cheating on the people you love. And VN!Makoto is a much better person than the jerkass Anime!Makoto. Anime!Makoto only cared about getting laid, nothing else.
/deconstruction
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Aileo
Regular
Projects: Unnamed short project
Organization: [ctrl] + minds

#84 Post by Aileo »

The worst anime I have ever seen are probably ones nobody has ever heard of.

1) Dragon Drive - A boy plays a video game that turns out to be real and winds up going to the world where dragons really exist. It sucks. The characters are bland and really cliche.

2) Shakugan no Shana - I watched the first season. I was hoping that the cool looking loli chick was going to kick all kinds of butt. Instead it turned into another Rie Kugimiya screech-fest.

3) Final Fantasy Unlimited - Much like that long forgotten Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within movie, this show has only the barest resemblance to any of the video games.

And in general I hate most anime with Rie Kugimiya in it (not ToraDora!), moe-blob "cute girls do cute things", and stupid fan service.

david_werecat

#85 Post by david_werecat »

-Mars of Destruction. I can't describe how awful it is. I would say that it needs to be watched in order to understand just how pointless it is, but that would be obviously sadistic :twisted: .

-Apocalypse Zero. The plot is pointless, the characters are cardboard cutouts, the animation is terrible, and it's just plain disturbing.

-Anything from the Hinako series. Especially "Sleeping With Hinako". It's basically 45 minutes of watching a girl sleep with her shifting every 15 seconds and waking up occasionally. Even more sad, I know people who have sat through the entire 45 minutes.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#86 Post by PyTom »

-Anything from the Hinako series. Especially "Sleeping With Hinako". It's basically 45 minutes of watching a girl sleep with her shifting every 15 seconds and waking up occasionally. Even more sad, I know people who have sat through the entire 45 minutes.
Isn't it longer than that, in the original. IIRC, it uses some clever DVD programming to loop various segments of animation to simulate a full night's sleep. That doesn't really come across in a "fansub" version of it, where it tends to get squished down into a linear file.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

sciencewarrior
Veteran
Projects: Valentine Square (writer) Spiral Destiny (programmer)

#87 Post by sciencewarrior »

Red Photon Zillion - you've probably never heard of it. Trust me, you aren't losing anything. When I watched it back in the late 80's, I thought it was the most amazing thing to air on TV. Last year, I stumbled on the complete collection and decided to give it a spin. Oh, boy. Three friends, the hotshot, the chick, and the idiot, have to stop the alien invasion with pistols styled after the Master System accessory. The characters all have these huge cheeks that make it looks like there's a mumps epidemic in the planet.
Keep your script in your Dropbox folder.
It allows you to share files with your team, keeps backups of previous versions, and is ridiculously easy to use.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#88 Post by HigurashiKira »

I should have added this earlier:
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
"DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!"~ A typical fan's cry of anguish
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

#89 Post by Tetiel »

I had a really hard time choosing since I don't watch too much anime and most of it that I've seen I enjoyed. I was most disappointed with was Tales of Eternia. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for me previously playing and loving the game (known as Tales of Destiny 2 for North American markets). The plot was completely off, changed the good guys into evil infiltrators and was really freaking confusing all around. I understand artistic license from the original media in anime, but that was ridiculous.

Oh, and I think I can add the entire season of Sailor Moon: Super S to the pile -_-

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#90 Post by silenteve »

500 Centimeters per Second
& Hellsing. Horribly done, and the potential it had just kills me...
And Eiken. Idiotic fanservice, no plot, extremely oversized boobs that break my back just looking at it.
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D