Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

Re: Worst anime you have ever watched?

#241 Post by noeinan »

Taleweaver wrote:
Amiralo wrote:My worst anime is probably Origins: Spirit of the past. I was so hyped up about it when it first came out---everything from the music, the plot, ant the art just screamed second miruzaki like anime film coming up....
"Origins: Spirits of the past" is a total Nausicäa ripoff, even down to the names of the characters - I mean, Kushana / Shunaku? The worst part is, though, when the protagonist suddenly gets superpowers in the middle of the film, without rhyme or reason. Yeah, I can see why someone would dub this movie bad.
D: I agree! I saw the cover and thought it looked cool... I was really looking forward to it... And it was terrible. ;.; And not even terrible in a funny way, just terrible in a bland and totally uninteresting way.

Redmoonguardian
IRC Nick: RedMoonGuardian

#242 Post by Redmoonguardian »

Up 'til now there are only 2 anime that i will always hated... Sailor Moon and Mermaid Melody... Are they even anime?!... I always asked myself that... the arts aren't that bad but the story?!... I mean really?... Girls that make this weird poses and take like 1 hour to transform and then when they are finally finished they say: "In the name of the moon i'm going to punish you!"... and i'm like... -_- ... I feel sorry for the moon... really... And mermaids that fight their enemies singing!... while their enemies have powerful powers that can send those mermaids flying...

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#243 Post by MaiMai »

I can see why you dislike both. But there is a good reason why Sailor Moon has more international fame and love than Mermaid Melody and that's because it does have a better story and better developed characters that most everyone who is familiar with it to some degree can recognize. (Hell, we're getting a remake of the Sailor Moon anime that follows the manga storyline more closely this summer. That's how popular it is) People can probably name all the Sailor Scouts and their civilian identities. Mermaid Melody? I just know that there's a mermaid in every color of the rainbow.

Depending on what version of Sailor Moon you watched though, it might seem choppy and horrible because companies that dubbed the anime messed around with content they didn't deem acceptable.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#244 Post by Vatina »

Of course they are anime :P Being anime says nothing about the content or quality of the end result.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#245 Post by LVUER »

MaiMai wrote:I can see why you dislike both. But there is a good reason why Sailor Moon has more international fame and love than Mermaid Melody and that's because it does have a better story and better developed characters that most everyone who is familiar with it to some degree can recognize. (Hell, we're getting a remake of the Sailor Moon anime that follows the manga storyline more closely this summer. That's how popular it is) People can probably name all the Sailor Scouts and their civilian identities. Mermaid Melody? I just know that there's a mermaid in every color of the rainbow.

Depending on what version of Sailor Moon you watched though, it might seem choppy and horrible because companies that dubbed the anime messed around with content they didn't deem acceptable.
And Sailormoon could be said the one that popularizes the concept of a team of magical girls (wearing skimpy suit) fighting bad guys (usually monsters). Also don't forget the legendary transformation scene where the heroine suddenly naked (or almost naked), turning and swirling around, transforming into her magical counterpart (which have magical aura that makes no one recognize her despite wearing no mask).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Ben Ayoo
Regular
Completed: The coin and the gun
Organization: Ben Studio

#246 Post by Ben Ayoo »

Zetsuen no Tempest (never got to finish it) and might I say most of the whole new animes.
Kanojo ga Flag wo. It makes hentai and fan service title seem better.
They are full of annoying characters.
And those high on MAL site. I discovered the higher the hype and the greater the disappointment on watching them.
I am just left to struggle searching for old and much buried animes, that are better.

Toshio

#247 Post by Toshio »

Mars of destruction. God, why?!

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

#248 Post by MoonStar »

NISEKOI! well to be honest was bad only until ep 17 for 18 to 20 was good but still why go good from 18 if your going to end it on 20?!

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#249 Post by infel »

Final Fantasy Unlimited-Not only am I ashamed of Square Enix for even thinking up this story, but the fact that they literally steal Vincent's concept for Kaze is just stupid. Every character except two are annoyed, the story is boring, and it has some pretty bad art. Also, the bad guys are more threatening then a snail. All they do is sit around talking about how they'll release Omega, and yet taking forever to do it. I hate that show more then anything :x .

Fairy Tale-I know people like this series, but come on. Naruto is better then this, and I barely watch the show. The only character I like is Natsu, but he's like the other main character, besides Ichigo, of the big three(who by the way are just like Goku from DBZ). It doesn't really have much of a story, and adds things just to prolong the anime. I can understand if people like it, but to say it's better then Monster, or D Gray man...well...then you need to really rewatch those series
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

lolipopu

#250 Post by lolipopu »

I was really disappoint with Mirai Nikki, It was doing so well until the confusing ending with in the Anime. It just totally turned me off from it. Terrible end ruin whole thing for me.

Instant Loser

#251 Post by Instant Loser »

lolipopu wrote:I was really disappoint with Mirai Nikki, It was doing so well until the confusing ending with in the Anime. It just totally turned me off from it. Terrible end ruin whole thing for me.
Haha, I was actually going to say the same thing! I think it's kind of odd that so many people seem to really like Mirai Nikki! Don't get me wrong, the beginning was pretty interesting but I ended up dropping it about half way through. It's the only anime I've ever dropped, and I've watched my fair share of anime!

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#252 Post by Shinoki »

My mind wipes clean out the whole huge list of anime that I hated and thought were bad, so...

Sola, I guess. The manga was good, but the anime just took forever...and then I flipped the table and quit.

I don't know if I can say I like Yosuga no Sora or not. Ah... I watched it because the art was nice... and the main girl looked cute, but I was....10? (yes, I'm quite a kid...) and well, I was corrupted... wowe. It's not like it's a bad anime though. It's just.... uuh...

Da Capo. I don't know how I managed to watch through 20 episodes of that.

Umineko's anime. Oh, Battler-kun~ why in the world do you have sparkly shojo eyes~

I never watched Free! but I shall forever have a grudge against it. Oh, why.... in the world do they have girl names? When I saw the name I was like, aaah~ it's gonna be a cute girl~ I hope there's a cute girl~ I hope there'll be cute girls~ (okay, that's just me being a creep) but.... then I saw guys in swimtrunks. Do you know how I feel?

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#253 Post by MaiMai »

Shinoki wrote:
I never watched Free! but I shall forever have a grudge against it. Oh, why.... in the world do they have girl names? When I saw the name I was like, aaah~ it's gonna be a cute girl~ I hope there's a cute girl~ I hope there'll be cute girls~ (okay, that's just me being a creep) but.... then I saw guys in swimtrunks. Do you know how I feel?
Their names are more gender neutral if anything.

And Free! Is just a mostly light hearted anime with some melodrama in it so no different than some of KyoAni's recent stuff except it's clearly geared for the female/fujoshi audience. Considering that most recent anime is moe ugu/cute girl bullcrap I can't really say I feel the same disappointment.

Akame ga Kiru isn't necessarily a bad anime, but I have a particular distaste for it after being intrigued by the first episode and going to read the manga. The tone is all over the place, trying to be ultra grimdark, comedic, and an edgy shonen fighting manga at the same time. It's not like mood whiplash can't be achieved (I mean, look at Fullmetal Alchemist), but it's particularly awful in Akame ga Kiru.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#254 Post by Shinoki »

MaiMai wrote: Their names are more gender neutral if anything.
Yea, I guess that's true. XD Since I see the names used more on girl characters, I ended up just assuming the gender.

And that made me think of this horrible anime called ICE...wow... it was horrible. Post-apocalyptic world with only women leftover... weirdo jellyfish freaks... strange yandere people with no explanation...

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#255 Post by Laiska »

Shinoki wrote:
MaiMai wrote: Their names are more gender neutral if anything.
Yea, I guess that's true. XD Since I see the names used more on girl characters, I ended up just assuming the gender.
It's actually a minor plot point that they are partly friends because they were all boys with traditionally female names :P (And the female club manager has a male name. She's pretty cute though, if that's what you're after!)

On the actual topic, there is probably no anime worse than Garzey's Wing. Although there are quite a few B-list series put out recently that I couldn't muddle through more than an ep or two of.