Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]

Re: Worst anime you have ever watched?

#61 Post by Efreet »

Thank you for your posts guys, I now what the definitions of
bara
seme
and
uke
mean, despite having seen them thrown about for a while.

The most recent thing I saw that used two of those terms was in Ore no Imouto with Akagi's sister
who likes gachi muchi

As they say, the more you know...

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#62 Post by OtomeWeekend »

More than actually laughing on the names on Meine Liebe let alone care for the bishounen(which i can't >.<), I was confused, utterly confused and still confused even now on what the hell happened in the anime. Dx I tried playing the game but it was too boring and can't finish even a single route at all; and since many disappointments has been splashed on my face like a cold water, I can't bring myself to read the manga though everyone recommends it than the anime.

It wasn't really something memorable and pretty bland boring, at least for my side cause hey... i don't even remember a single character in the series when I even have the confidence to name most of the characters in other animes I've watch(which proves that it wasn't memorable at all).
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#63 Post by HigurashiKira »

I have a new hated anime: Chaos;Head

First time I saw it I thought it was good. But then I got my hands on the game and rewached it. I couldn't get passed the first episode. I mean, one example would be when
Taku walks into a murder scene, then being asked by his friend to go see it.
They reversed the order of these events in the anime. And they also removed a key scene for one of the characters and then having her appear out of nowhere. ヽ(`Д´)ノ RUINED FOREVER
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#64 Post by OtomeWeekend »

oh, let me add... Touka gettan. Just the stupid reversed episodes was confusing me and even led me to watch it backwards to understand the heck of the series, at first i thought it was an error on the dvd but wtf! searched the wiki, found out that it was the right order.... v_v the story is confusing too and i don't understand what happened even after watching it backwards... there are many things that confused me....
first of all, mimiko has a daughter who died(?) then touka is a boy who looks like the kid and what happened there still confused me even now. like during ep. 3-4 in ep. 3, momoka is already beaten to death and etc. but then in ep 4 she is just kidnapped and that isn't the last thing i was confused about for 308429145871 times. The whole anime itself confuses me...
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Data Junkie

#65 Post by Data Junkie »

Man, if a simple reversal confuses you, I'd recommend against watching Baccano! or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimia. Both are excellent shows, but they're also seriously out of order with the episodes, on purpose. Or Memento, which is not anime, but is rather a live-action movie where the scenes all happen in reverse order.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#66 Post by OtomeWeekend »

no, the reverse episodes aren't the only confusing thing about touka gettan; the whole story confuses me(though what am I expecting? IT was based on a bishoujo game).

And be glad, i never heard of baccano! or memento and only watched one episode from haruhi suzumiya. *bricked*

BubbleTea

#67 Post by BubbleTea »

I've seen many animes... But all of them were good. :wink:

-Bubbletea :P

LadyAvori
Regular

#68 Post by LadyAvori »

Blue Lemma wrote:And thus LVUER lives up to his title again! :lol:

Dragon Ball, ugh. I can't stand that guy's art! I like anime girls to be pretty! And I like the male characters' junk to stay covered (did I just get a bad episode/movie sampling?)

*puts on riot gear*
I have to agree here.

Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are my least favorite anime so far. But I like teams, equal teams, not a team with a guy who's level in power is immensely greater than his/her teammates, and your even wondering why they are there. Or when no one seems to stay dead...that makes the whole dying thing less emotional for me. Or the
"I could easily save the world here but I'll just let the responsibility fall to my 12 year old son"
...father of the year there...I haven't seen that show in over 10 years and yet my friends and I still bash it. Any over powered anime/game character we see is nicknamed "God Goku". Of course many people really enjoy the show. Its just not my cup of tea.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#69 Post by LVUER »

Isn't that because Goku feels potential from Gohan and wanting him to awaken that potential to the fullest. And also because at one point, he feels bad guys keep appearing because of him, so he doesn't want to be the strongest anymore.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

CKSqua

#70 Post by CKSqua »

Data Junkie wrote:Man, if a simple reversal confuses you, I'd recommend against watching Baccano! or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimia. Both are excellent shows, but they're also seriously out of order with the episodes, on purpose.
Touka Gettan is a complete mess compared to either series. Especially at the beginning of the show, there's little context or background information provided (for either the story premise or the characters), making it nearly impossible to follow what's happening from one scene to the next.

Not that it really matters - story simply wasn't a main focus of the series.

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

#71 Post by Voight-Kampff »

Okay, I do believe I've found a new contender for the top spot on my list of worst anime titles EVAR!!1!

Bakemonogatari

I forced myself—FORCED, I tells ya—to watch this stinker. Sometimes something can be so bad its good. Well, not this time.

I suppose what really sticks in my craw is the first episode. It starts off with some really cool imagery. My gut reaction was, "Ooo! This looks like a cross between Fate Stay/Night and Bleach". Interestingly, this imagery isn't the intro. It's something that the producers obviously felt was necessary to use as the hook. Think of it like their own, officially sanctioned Mad music video. This should have been my first clue that something was awry.

After that initial flourish of cool imagery and action, the first episode was filled with LITERALLY four scenes. They consisted of the following:

Scene 1: Two people sitting and talking.
Scene 2: Two people standing and talking.
Scene 3: Two people traveling and talking.
Scene 4: Three people standing and talking.
The end

And whats worse was the shot composition. The content of the dialog was so boring and painful, it's like the art director decided he could save it by coming up with unique, sometimes crazy and nonsequitur shots.

Maybe there's a payoff somewhere in the show. Maybe they really can cash the check that their "intro" made. But after two episodes of utterly boring dialog and "plot", along with disorienting shot composition, I'm going to have to throw this one onto my rarely used pile of "Do Not Want".

Crusher
Regular

#72 Post by Crusher »

HigurashiKira wrote:I have a new hated anime: Chaos;Head

First time I saw it I thought it was good. But then I got my hands on the game and rewached it. I couldn't get passed the first episode.
That's interesting. I thought it was pretty good as well when I first saw it, but after re-watching it to show it to a friend I didn't like it either - although in my case I didn't play the novel. Is the novel that much better? I'm pretty curious about Nitro+ stuff right now.

---

It's too hard for me to chose one, so I have four favorites for this topic:

1. Gantz. The whole idea behind it is pretty interesting and I thought the perverted thoughts of the MC are just meant to be funny like in "Golden Boy", but it turned out to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. The only ray of hope was a character whose name I already forgot who started making fun of everyone - unfortunately he died and with that the last positive thing about the series. It could be fun to watch trash-wise though, so I don't know if I should really list it :D.

2. K-On! - What the fuck is this shit? I was constantly wondering "What's actually good in this show?" when I watched it. I didn't find an answer no matter how hard I tried. I didn't laugh, I didn't cry, I was just...watching.

3. Clannad - Couldn't make it past episode 7. Eveything in this show was meaningless, absolutely everything. The pseudo-philosophical and pseudo-sad scenes didn't help much either. A fucking bear talking to me off-screen? A guy starting philosophical blabbering to mechanics (or something like that)? Everything seemed totally forced and random.

4. True Tears - Well...make a list of every anime cliché you can think of. Start watching this show and mark every cliché that's fulfilled. You'll probably end up without a single thing left.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#73 Post by HigurashiKira »

Crusher wrote:
HigurashiKira wrote:I have a new hated anime: Chaos;Head

First time I saw it I thought it was good. But then I got my hands on the game and rewached it. I couldn't get passed the first episode.
That's interesting. I thought it was pretty good as well when I first saw it, but after re-watching it to show it to a friend I didn't like it either - although in my case I didn't play the novel. Is the novel that much better? I'm pretty curious about Nitro+ stuff right now.

---

It's too hard for me to chose one, so I have four favorites for this topic:

1. Gantz. The whole idea behind it is pretty interesting and I thought the perverted thoughts of the MC are just meant to be funny like in "Golden Boy", but it turned out to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. The only ray of hope was a character whose name I already forgot who started making fun of everyone - unfortunately he died and with that the last positive thing about the series. It could be fun to watch trash-wise though, so I don't know if I should really list it :D.

2. K-On! - What the fuck is this shit? I was constantly wondering "What's actually good in this show?" when I watched it. I didn't find an answer no matter how hard I tried. I didn't laugh, I didn't cry, I was just...watching.

3. Clannad - Couldn't make it past episode 7. Eveything in this show was meaningless, absolutely everything. The pseudo-philosophical and pseudo-sad scenes didn't help much either. A fucking bear talking to me off-screen? A guy starting philosophical blabbering to mechanics (or something like that)? Everything seemed totally forced and random.

4. True Tears - Well...make a list of every anime cliché you can think of. Start watching this show and mark every cliché that's fulfilled. You'll probably end up without a single thing left.
If you see an anime based on a visual novel, theres a 90% chance that the VN was much bette than the anime. And the only way to understand Clannad is by boht playing the game AND watching the anime since both do things diffrently.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#74 Post by LVUER »

Crusher wrote:2. K-On! - What the fuck is this shit? I was constantly wondering "What's actually good in this show?" when I watched it. I didn't find an answer no matter how hard I tried. I didn't laugh, I didn't cry, I was just...watching.
K-On! is all about moe (what's it called again, moege?). So when asked about what's good about K-On!... it's something that you just sit down and enjoy it. That's all... well, that's if you enjoy moe and cute girls.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#75 Post by TsukiShima »

Ao no Exorcist. I don't dislike the OP songs of course ( UverWorld! <3)

I just don't get that anime, to me it's just another Bleach and Naruto. Well, everyone have their own opinion, and this mine.

Panty and Stocking too, honestly, I don't really enjoy dirty things.