Worst anime you have ever watched?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Armee
Veteran

Re: Worst anime you have ever watched?

#226 Post by Armee »

MaiMai wrote:Don't play the sequel, More Blood though. I sat through that trainwreck in Hinano's stream of the game and it was... something.
Did I mention that I HAVE to play that thing? To please my friend, I have to play all ten routes because it was the birthday present she gave me.

I didn't watch Hinano's stream of MB but think again, I'm definitely don't want to see that game anymore.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#227 Post by try10 »

Too bad that the game is in japanese. If they would release an english version I would definitely buy it since it seems interesting.
Has anybody seen La storia della Arcana Famiglia? Is it good?

Armee
Veteran

#228 Post by Armee »

try10 wrote:Too bad that the game is in japanese. If they would release an english version I would definitely buy it since it seems interesting.
I like that one, I have played the game and watched the anime. It's fairly nice to watch. ( <3 Debito!)
Though it have several pedophile and ugly moment...I managed to avoid though

Uuzuchan

#229 Post by Uuzuchan »

Armee wrote:
try10 wrote:Too bad that the game is in japanese. If they would release an english version I would definitely buy it since it seems interesting.
I like that one, I have played the game and watched the anime. It's fairly nice to watch. ( <3 Debito!)
Though it have several pedophile and ugly moment...I managed to avoid though
People said that the anime is bad and don't have enough action. In my opinion it is pretty good. The characters are enjoyable (and yes Debito >.<) and there are a lot of funny moments. It is nice to watch compare to Diabolik Lovers, which I think is definitely the worst anime adaptation for otome game. I managed to watch all episodes of Dialovers but it is seriously really bad.

nefferinthia
Regular

#230 Post by nefferinthia »

I don't know anything about the sequel. What is it even about?

Head_Phones
Regular
Projects: Clichéd

#231 Post by Head_Phones »

Shugo Chara and the related sequels.

I didn't even watch everything. I basically ctrl+F the description to check for Ikuto (which would be a sign of plot development) before watching it. Which meant skipping basically everything.

It was just... The way Amu defeated the X eggs was so similar.

Exactly the same actually.

So obviously, after like, a couple episodes of the exact same thing, I got bored.

The ending was also highly unsatisfying, and I was disappointed because I wasted all that time expecting a better ending. (I have a thing for Ikuto and Kukai haha)

But yeah, resorted to the manga and all, which was a hell lot better.

Also, I am slightly sad that a couple of my favourite anime (Durarara!!, Bokura Ga Ita, Fruits Basket (Second ever anime, c'mon) Naruto!) and all were some others' worst. But I guess opinions have to be respected ^^
'You may be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater'
~Austin Powers

Profile pic drawn by the wonderful akemicchi

|| Honest Critique ||

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#232 Post by Rinima »

One Piece.

It's fandom. Urg.

I didn't actually hate the show, I just found it dull and boring.

Said this when someone asked what I though of it.

My poor back.
Attachments
sekimatsu_01-00.jpg
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

SBG_Eric
Regular
Completed: Warhammer 40K (non-commercial MTG set), Tales of Symphonia (non-commercial MTG set)
Projects: Galactic Domain, Dragonfish Racers, *A Yet Unnamed Miniatures Wargame*
Organization: Sunbridge Games LLC
IRC Nick: SBG_Eric

#233 Post by SBG_Eric »

Efreet wrote:Shouldn't this be in the 'Anime, Games, and Japan' section?

Gundam SEED Destiny was terrible, Neon Genesis Evanglion was much better.

Really? I could never get into NGE, it just took itself WAY to seriously. I enjoyed the Gundam Seed and Gundam Sed Destiny stories, though Destiny got annoying (spoilers)
after Kira should have died and then didn't... and then Athrun... and that random chick who was in the exploding mobil suit without any saftey harness but lived just the same... OK, so it pretty much suffers from Bleach syndrome... either it drank to much of it as a young series or it's to scared of fan backlash to kill main characters.
Still, it's the best Gundam I've seen since Wing (besides 00). Sadly, I feel the age of mecha-animes is slowly dying.

On the flip side, OreImo season 1 had a really cool dual-ending that made a huge joke out of the fact that the entire seres is a parody of bad Siscon-VNs. Season 2 also wasn't that bad. We will likely never see a final season though, since as anyone who's read it on baka-tsuki knows, (spoilers)
the brother and sister end up in a relationship together at the end, and that would likely be WAY to questionable to make into an anime.
Sunbridge Games Projects
Visual Novel Project (Pre-Dev): http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 60&t=33087
- Seeking Writer (5% per scenario) [1 Scenarios Remaining]

Galactic Domain (Post-Dev/Testing) & Dragonfish Racers (In-Dev): Projects on Hold // Require Artist(s)

Other projects TBA: 2+

Fantasy/Play-or-Die Light Novel (Outline/Drafting)

AxemRed
Veteran

#234 Post by AxemRed »

Isn't that stuff already in the second season? I distinctly remember people flipping their shit about it.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#235 Post by LVUER »

SBG_Eric wrote:
Efreet wrote:Shouldn't this be in the 'Anime, Games, and Japan' section?

Gundam SEED Destiny was terrible, Neon Genesis Evanglion was much better.

Really? I could never get into NGE, it just took itself WAY to seriously. I enjoyed the Gundam Seed and Gundam Sed Destiny stories, though Destiny got annoying (spoilers)
after Kira should have died and then didn't... and then Athrun... and that random chick who was in the exploding mobil suit without any saftey harness but lived just the same... OK, so it pretty much suffers from Bleach syndrome... either it drank to much of it as a young series or it's to scared of fan backlash to kill main characters.
Still, it's the best Gundam I've seen since Wing (besides 00). Sadly, I feel the age of mecha-animes is slowly dying.

On the flip side, OreImo season 1 had a really cool dual-ending that made a huge joke out of the fact that the entire seres is a parody of bad Siscon-VNs. Season 2 also wasn't that bad. We will likely never see a final season though, since as anyone who's read it on baka-tsuki knows, (spoilers)
the brother and sister end up in a relationship together at the end, and that would likely be WAY to questionable to make into an anime.
Gundam Seed is the original Gundam in disguise, while Seed Destiny is Gundam Z in disguise... Gundam 00 is Gundam Wing in disguise... though it's A LOT better than Seed series, especially 00 season 2. And Seed Destiny have the worst gundam protagonist EVER.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

chickenhearted
Regular
Projects: Romancin Dudes(GxB)
Organization: chickandnugget
Tumblr: chickandnugget

#236 Post by chickenhearted »

Few things can beat Green Green when it comes to the 'worst anime' department.
Seriously though.

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#237 Post by thebackup »

Photokano.
Stopped watching after the first episode. Not only it seems like a really boring series but I REALLY wanted to slap the protagonist for his poor decision making.

Infinite Stratos (IS) (season 1).
Being a comedy series, I really didn't like the sudden change of tone near the end. And I thought the plot was a cheap setup for the fanservice scenes.
* IS is a machine that only females can use.
* Male protagonist is discovered that he's the only male that can use IS.
* Protagonist enters school for using IS, which is full of females.
* All the girls rage over him
* Ensue the many fanservice scenes

StellarOrb
Regular
Projects: Dreams of Anabelle, Forget [not] That Flower, Murder Express, Libr
Organization: Stellar Orb

#238 Post by StellarOrb »

I can't stand anything where the main character is a complete stereotype. That being said, almost any shounen would go down here. The only exception I can think of is FMAB- every other show (Naruto, Attack On Titan, etc.) seriously pisses me off. I can live the rest of my life happy if I don't have to listen to another 5 minute inner monologue about how the main character won't give up. I've witnessed 30 seconds real time turn into 2 minutes from a character talking to themselves. Seriously, at EVERY possible moment you get a speech along the lines of "I CAN"T believe he just hit me!!! But all my training... was it all just USELESS??? NOO... I CAN"T GIVE UP!!!!" There's a whole bunch of stereotypical speeches I can include but nowadays I just immediately drop the show.
\|/
<xox>
/|\
Keep it stellar.

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#239 Post by Amiralo »

Mirage wrote:Blood-C and xxxholic. Admittedly I dislike most Clamp's manga/anime, but those 2 take the cake. Blood-C is a great alternative for sleeping pill, while xxxholic the fastest way to gain high blood pressure. I remember I almost want to smash my laptop from watching it.
Um....I actually liked xxxholic. Alot. But maybe that's just because I am weird and a die hard CLAMP fan.....

My worst anime is probably Origins: Spirit of the past. I was so hyped up about it when it first came out---everything from the music, the plot, ant the art just screamed second miruzaki like anime film coming up....

....then it turned out to be a total cliched bore.

Dude, I know every hero is mandatory suppose to fall in love with the first exotic girl he sees, but at least make it believable? And that girl was just a plot device with no redeeming qualities. And the villain.....he was my favorite character if I had to pick one. But he was so underdeveloped that they didn't even bother to throw him a typical Freudian excuse.

In the end, love saved the day in an anticlimactic gesture. And my heart broke in two.

...Well, at least the theme song is worth dying for.
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#240 Post by Taleweaver »

Amiralo wrote:My worst anime is probably Origins: Spirit of the past. I was so hyped up about it when it first came out---everything from the music, the plot, ant the art just screamed second miruzaki like anime film coming up....
"Origins: Spirits of the past" is a total Nausicäa ripoff, even down to the names of the characters - I mean, Kushana / Shunaku? The worst part is, though, when the protagonist suddenly gets superpowers in the middle of the film, without rhyme or reason. Yeah, I can see why someone would dub this movie bad.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira