Worst anime you have ever watched?

For the rest of your otaku life.
ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

Worst anime you have ever watched?

#1 Post by ririruetoo »

I think mine has to be Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueor of Shamballa. I was so pissed after I watched that movie, it almost ruined the entire series for me. So, what is your worst anime?
ImageImageImage

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: Worst anime you have ever watched?

#2 Post by Samu-kun »

H2O Footprints in the Sand stands out as a particularly bad anime series that I watched all the way through. The beginning shifted between irrelevant fan service and creepy abuse, it self cannibalized itself in the middle, and finally it ended with an incomprehensible, messy ending that trolled you to the very ending credits.

I have a lot of mean things to say about Evangelion, but I love it to death anyways. Started out as a robot anime with excellent artistic sense, then became your average super robot series where Shinji and the gang whack monsters of the day, then it set itself up to be something really awesome, then it crumbled heartbreakingly under its own weight, finally becoming a good simulation of what it feels like to be blindfolded, roped up, and raped by a dozen gang members for two weeks.
Last edited by Samu-kun on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#3 Post by Sapphi »

Well, I'm already really picky about what I watch, since I don't have a lot of time, so my worst aren't really the worst ever. But two come to mind:

Eat-Man '97: After I got Eat-Man '98, I was psyched to see the first series. Except it turned out that the first series, despite having awesome music and some really cool stylistic effects, totally sucked in comparison. Both series were based on the Eat-Man manga, but the first series changed the personality of the main character (a wandering, glasses-wearing, not-very-talkative-but-totally-badass mercenary) into a sort of really stupid James Bond. He's supposed to be a larger-than-life hero of sorts who goes around saving the day, but in the first series they made him into a wandering guy who meets a generic woman every episode and may or may not sleep with her or at least have some kind of intimate encounter. Kinda lowered the coolness level about a zillion points.

Angel Tales: Probably the most yawn-inducing harem anime ever. They didn't really seem to know what kind of audience they were selling it to. The premise was awesome, so I watched it. Heck, I even bought some of the figures of the characters! But the show itself, just... urgh. It's all over the place as far as story goes, to the point where it's really embarrassing to watch. The only redeeming factor about it was that all the girls are animals. I guess it's enough of a redeeming factor for me :b
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by OtomeWeekend »

anime? worst? er... School days? Ah, i watched it when i was still a stupid clueless kid and it destroyed every brain cells of mine. Some might find it nice but for me it was horrible(or maybe because I was just a kid back then? seeing that the plot and everything ESPECIALLY the ending isn't for a 12 year old afterall).

Bokura ga ita. I can't believe this is a popular manga or whatever! I watched the anime and I need to shed tears of blood from all the frustration and anger I can feel from the main character, for the other characters for ALL characters! D:< This is all about betraying love, using other's love and being retards! Sorry, if you love this anime. But for me, this is the worst of all the worst.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#5 Post by Fawn »

Sad to say, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch. For some reason I thought it was the BEST THING EVER when I was 14, (I guess I was looking for a replacement for Tokyo Mew Mew) but now I can't even look at it without wincing. The eyes are creepy, there's tons of re-used animation in every episode and the characters are bland at best, irrational at worst. Voices are annoying too. Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8NmzsLJ ... re=related
The second season was even worse, with the main character having her douche boyfriend stolen away, it's pretty much just episode after episode of her friends trying to stop her constant crying. Also, there was a massive art style change that made the eyes even creepier and there were beach ball boobs everywhere... Not that there weren't beach ball boobs in the first series, though. These girls are 13-14 years old with c and d cups. It's like reverse loli. :(
They probably spent most their money getting music together for it, there's maybe 10-15 different songs the mermaids sing, pretty much all of them are forgettable.
I appreciate the original manga because it was the mangaka's first big hit, and it was a little more enjoyable than the show, but still in general it's not something you should watch unless you're a young teenage girl (though it might give you boob envy.)

Sorry for the rant hahahah!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#6 Post by PyTom »

Earth Girl Arjuna. It's this ridiculous show that seems to promote the cause of people starving to death.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#7 Post by Mink »

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. That is all.

Okay, I'll admit I haven't watched the whole series (I just don't hate myself enough for that), but man, what I did see only made me want to take a power drill to my skull. Panty is a total...*witch* who's only defining trait is that she has lots of sex. OH THE HILARITY. Stocking's only defining character trait is that she likes sweets, but other than that is utterly boring. Garterbelt...let's be honest, he looks kind of...stereotypical. The only characters I didn't want to die a violent death were Brief and the two demon chicks. The art style *was* rather unique for anime, but I guess with the transformations, they just couldn't stay away from it. And the stripper pole? Really?

I read an interpretation that the whole thing is meant to be a parody and maybe it is. But to me, if that's the case, it fails at it. The main characters are unlikeable and the whole thing just feels like an elaborate, and really immature, attempt at trolling.

As I said, I haven't watched all of it. But if the first episodes made me hate this more than the webcomic Bizarre Uprising*, then you FAIL.

*Uh, if you Google that, be warned it's NSFW.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Data Junkie

#8 Post by Data Junkie »

Neon Genesis Evangelion. There's only so much pretentiousness I can take before I want to burn things. I'll take something cheesy like Garzy's Wing over NGE any day, and I can't stand Garzy's Wing either.

Though I've gotta say, Doomed Megalopolis is a close second for worst anime ever.

Efreet
Regular
Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]

#9 Post by Efreet »

Shouldn't this be in the 'Anime, Games, and Japan' section?

Gundam SEED Destiny was terrible, Neon Genesis Evanglion was much better.

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#10 Post by Snow Blossom »

Hmm. I don't watch many animes, but I guess my worse would be School Days (I think it was that?), even though I didn't watch the whole thing. I caught a glimpse of it at the tender age of 10. And it ruined my childhood. Okay, not quite, but it came close enough. I kept on recalling the scene in which the protagonist was stabbed repeatedly in the stomach, with blood spurting everywhere. It haunted me in my sleep, and I couldn't help day-nightmaring about it as well. Later, I watched a few episodes, and... my impression didn't improve. From what I could gather, the protagonist was a cheating womanizer, and the girls were complete yanderes. I skipped to the end, and the scene with the girl heading out into sea with his decapitated head didn't help. -__-||

Mirage
Veteran

#11 Post by Mirage »

Blood-C and xxxholic. Admittedly I dislike most Clamp's manga/anime, but those 2 take the cake. Blood-C is a great alternative for sleeping pill, while xxxholic the fastest way to gain high blood pressure. I remember I almost want to smash my laptop from watching it.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#12 Post by MaiMai »

Mink wrote:Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. That is all.
Ahaha. I watched all of it (including the OVA which is probably worse than the whole show COMBINED in terms of dirty jokes believe it or not). And if you can't even handle that much of it, than yeah you probably wouldn't like the rest of the show.

But to be honest... I like it! There are definitely things I think are horrendous about it like the jokes, but the animation is bright and colorful (come episode six, it's really good when executing action scenes) and I love, love, LOVE the soundtrack. Fly Away is awesome even if it is stripper angel transformation music-- wow, never thought I'd say that in a sentence.

I'd watch this over any typical harem anime though, that's for sure (except maybe for Kore wa Zombie desu ka? on the grounds that the male protagonist is the most awesome guy ever)

As for the worst thing I've ever watched... Well, I raged-quit Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai right after the first episode if that says anything. Don't try to make a mysterious atmosphere while shoving panty shots and high-pitched annoying VAs at me Image
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

#13 Post by Death_HUG »

I don't watch a lot of anime but I have to say Lucky Star. I thought it would be amazing and the art style is cute but...it's so boring, I couldn't watch one episode without falling asleep. I didn't even uderstand what the plot was supposed to be..
Fawn wrote:Sad to say, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch. For some reason I thought it was the BEST THING EVER when I was 14, (I guess I was looking for a replacement for Tokyo Mew Mew) but now I can't even look at it without wincing. The eyes are creepy, there's tons of re-used animation in every episode and the characters are bland at best, irrational at worst. Voices are annoying too. Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8NmzsLJ ... re=related
The second season was even worse, with the main character having her douche boyfriend stolen away, it's pretty much just episode after episode of her friends trying to stop her constant crying. Also, there was a massive art style change that made the eyes even creepier and there were beach ball boobs everywhere... Not that there weren't beach ball boobs in the first series, though. These girls are 13-14 years old with c and d cups. It's like reverse loli. :(
They probably spent most their money getting music together for it, there's maybe 10-15 different songs the mermaids sing, pretty much all of them are forgettable.
I appreciate the original manga because it was the mangaka's first big hit, and it was a little more enjoyable than the show, but still in general it's not something you should watch unless you're a young teenage girl (though it might give you boob envy.)

Sorry for the rant hahahah!
and this!!
I used to watch this when I was younger, now I just can't watch it anymore >.>

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#14 Post by Hayzel »

Fruits Basket the anime...they need to redo it...and redo it right =.=

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#15 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

There's a few that I have, and they're not worth watching. Fo' realz.
1) The Third - The Girl with the Blue Eye
Oh man, this anime. The quality drops somewhere in the middle of the show and it is so atrocious that it makes you wonder how they could still let it pass. The story isn't very good either.
2) Fushigi Yûgi - The Mysterious Play
Please don't make me remember this, I beg you. Something about magical books, pretty boys, and two high school girls with extreme hormonal urges. Why is that chick kissing the freakin' folding screen?!?
3) Samurai 7
It's so mediocre that I can't even recall any details. That's how bad it was.
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website