Your first ever video game.

For the rest of your otaku life.
Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

Re: Your first ever video game.

#106 Post by Laiska »

I don't know for certain the first video game I personally played, but if computer games count too then my first gaming experience was watching my parents play stuff like Loom (by LucasArts, still one of my absolute favourites) and Lemmings, on their old Mac IIs. I get the impression, though that ths was probably the first game I played on my own, when I was 2 or 3... xD

As for the first console game, Super Mario World or Mortal Kombat, on consoles owned by other people. I didn't have a non-PC game of my own until Pokemon Yellow, I think.

Juneberry
Regular
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Deadly Heart

#107 Post by Juneberry »

My super first video game? Man that's hard to say. I mean, I did play games a lot as a kid, and that includes computer games like solitaire and some random old form of snake that was alone on a simple handheld console. But...If we mean console games, I guess the first ones I can really remember are some sort of basketball/sport game on the Sega Genesis. I played Genesis a lot as a kid, particularly with my dad or my cousins. Sometimes we'd go to my basement when I was around six and play as a group of me, one or two of my friends that lived nearby, and one or two of my cousins that were visiting.

...Sometimes they went easy on me though because they felt bad I was the only girl, and I'd get mad. xD

DeletedUser160413

#108 Post by DeletedUser160413 »

I think my first game was this old windows 98 era game on pc with 3d graphics. You walked around a grocery store and you picked up stuff like pringles and jiffy, you pressed space to let go of your cart and then you bring the item back to the cart. It was some sort of race, all i remember is that one of the characters looked like the gamespy logo. BUT I can't remember the name!!!!!!

Crenshaw6
Regular

#109 Post by Crenshaw6 »

I don't know if this counts, but the first few game I played were PC and educational (sigh...this feels a little sad now that I've typed it). The first was called Grammar Factory, which as its name suggests, helps to improve your grammar with quizzes. The one I racked the most hours in was Bookworm, which expanded my vocabulary (especially when you're stuck and need to start making up words and hoping they are in the dictionary in order to survive).

But in terms of console games, the first would be Pokemon Platinum. A late start in my life, but a start nonetheless, due to my brother's constant nagging for a DS.

Ophelia
Regular
Completed: tobag
Projects: Kajima

#110 Post by Ophelia »

I honestly don't remember my first game ever (Super Mario? Tetris? Something like that, probably), but my first ever game on the PC was Age of Empires II, it came for free with our first ever PC and I was incredibly amazed by this whole new world that opened up. :D Mind you, I never actually finished the campaign, but I had a lot of fun building cities and mining resources and the likes and I was almost obsessed with the game! Me and my brother would always fight over who would play. We've never seen a game that was so realistic and I even dreamed about it.

Juneberry
Regular
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Deadly Heart

#111 Post by Juneberry »

Crenshaw: If they count, it was the same for me. Except I started on a typing tutor program when I was a toddler...I think it was Mario? I forget really. xD

Dragonstar89
Regular
Projects: TBA
Organization: Self
IRC Nick: dstar89
Deviantart: senpai-jake

#112 Post by Dragonstar89 »

My first video game? I remember it as clear as day. Sega Genesis: Sonic The Hedgehog. Loved it man, of course I think my family had a sorta 5 games-in-one cartridge, so I also played tons of Streets of Rage and Super Hang On. But Sonic was my first; that's why he's my most favorite game character/hero :D
Beginning pre-production work on a project in Renpy. After being away for 5 years, it's time to get back in the game 8)

Nakashima H Soft.
Projects: Syntax Time Travel, Ethicus, Ethicus 2
Organization: Nakashima Heikichi Software
IRC Nick: NHS

#113 Post by Nakashima H Soft. »

Hover.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (10.45 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
Hoverlevel1.jpg

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#114 Post by Laiska »

Juneberry wrote:Crenshaw: If they count, it was the same for me. Except I started on a typing tutor program when I was a toddler...I think it was Mario? I forget really. xD
Image?

Yooo, this was my jam.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#115 Post by Rinima »

Fairly sure it was Pokemon: Blue what introduced me into the world of games?
Attachments
1048465-pokemon_blue_stuff.png
1048465-pokemon_blue_stuff.png (37.76 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#116 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

Duck Hunt for the NES. Remember that plastic gun that came with it?
duckhuntgun.JPG

Honest Critique

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#117 Post by LVUER »

Yes, a light gun! The legendary gun that can blast everything away... Captain N, the Game Master!!!
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Hyraculon
Regular
Projects: Goetia Club

#118 Post by Hyraculon »

I had Mario/Duck Hunt. I used to sit right next to the screen with that blaster and cheat... as a kid I never knew you could actually just aim it at the wall.

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#119 Post by Midnighticequeen »

Probably Tetris or Ms. Packman. :D Good times.

Derpravity
Projects: "Momoeda Academy" (NaNoRenO '14), "Bountiful Love"

#120 Post by Derpravity »

Some old DOS arcade game or other, probably a knock-off of Pacman called "Chomp" or a snake game. My family didn't get any kind of video game console until the SNES came around.

My first console game was Super Mario All-Stars, because the SNES package came with it, and that's very nostalgic for me. Then the next game was Kirby's Fun Pak (Kirby Super Star), I think. That was the first game that was sort of mine, because I wanted to get Donkey Kong Country 3 when I learned that the main character was a girl, and when the game store was sold out of it my mum asked them to recommend another good game for girls. :roll: Such innocent times.