Your first ever video game.

For the rest of your otaku life.
Otome-Girl

Re: Your first ever video game.

#121 Post by Otome-Girl »

My first videogame was Super Mario Bros. 2! I played it with my uncle when I was a little girl and fell in love with videogames since then. :)

Paradoxus

#122 Post by Paradoxus »

The first game I remember playing would be good ol' Tetris for the Gameboy. Like a month ago, I found my old Gameboy and my Tetris cartridge and tried playing it again for fun, but I could hardly see a thing on it.

Chocopyro
Regular
Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
Organization: Patchwork Novels

#123 Post by Chocopyro »

Lets see, it was either sonic 2 or Street Fighter 2 for sega, Dark Sun Shattered Lands or Betrayal at Krondor for Dos. I don't know, I was probably around 4 at the time... And yes, I recognize two of those games are a bit too advanced for a four year old to play, but keep in mind, by "Playing" them, I mean I was looking over my dad's shoulder and telling him what to do with the person I designated as my character.

ahtramlegna

#124 Post by ahtramlegna »

The first game I played was Diablo... I remember I played that one with my brother... Oh... Memories...:3

chickenhearted
Regular
Projects: Romancin Dudes(GxB)
Organization: chickandnugget
Tumblr: chickandnugget

#125 Post by chickenhearted »

Pretty sure it was Mortal Kombat on the N64. I used to pick Raiden every time and just mash buttons (which is still pretty much my strategy for playing fighting games today.)

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#126 Post by noeinan »

My first ever games were on the computer-- didn't have any console until I was a bit older. I can't remember which was the very first, but...

-The Oregon Trail
-A game where you were in a castle with lots of puzzles, and a robot helped you. Taught history and math.
-A game about a teddy bear... I think Corduroy? Not sure. It was dark and kinda horror-ish.
-PFKiss Dolls. You can still find these online. I remember being 5, having my friends over, and them finding a bunch of rape-based sex dolls. It scarred me for life.

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#127 Post by thebackup »

Mario Bros. 1.
I will never forget the time my little sister kept resetting the NES every time she got to the first Goomba XD that was like... back in 1991/92?

Also on the cartridge was Duck Hunt, and this track and field game. I really regret giving away my NES >_<

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#128 Post by Caveat Lector »

The Magic School Bus games, and the Jumpstart series. They were awesome. :D I also loved those "Living Books" games (actually, come to think of it, that may have been the closest thing to a "Visual Novel" I was introduced to...it wasn't a VN-VN, but it did follow the whole idea of playing through a game as a book...early influence, I guess?).
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Sonata
IRC Nick: Bibi

#129 Post by Sonata »

it had to be Pokemon Ruby.
I was such a sheltered child and I was not exposed to video games until a later age but it was the best.

peapodprincess
Regular

#130 Post by peapodprincess »

My "first" video game was The Oregon Trail because that was the only game my dad had on his computer (and even then, only because it came bundled with it). I had no clue what to do and eventually got bored of it.

The first one I actually liked was a little title called Gator Pinball for the Gameboy. I loved the hell out of that thing. I think I still have it somewhere in the basement...

Samsam80

#131 Post by Samsam80 »

Super Mario Bros 2 for me too! Oh man, I love that game and it really kicked off a lifetime obsession for me.

Mr. Diddlez

#132 Post by Mr. Diddlez »

Custers Revenge

Dreamtigers

#133 Post by Dreamtigers »

I'm not sure if it was "Commando" for the C64, or if that stands out in my memory because of the music. ::pulls up the theme song on YouTube and quietly rocks out:: Might have been "Super Pipeline," though. Still don't know why that guy was shooting lobsters with a pistol.

The games were my (much older) brother's, but he occasionally let me into his room to see if I could beat a level/boss/puzzle. Little sisters are occasionally good for something. :)

Earliest text-based adventure: Mindshadow, also for the C64. Nostalgia time!

My first console game was Super Mario Bros. 1.

Marldia

#134 Post by Marldia »

Chrono Trigger! Such a classic T__T Absolutely beautiful music, great story, lovable characters... If you love jrpgs and haven't played it, you must! There are versions for SNES, PS1 and DS. It's great <3

lolipopu

#135 Post by lolipopu »

My very first game was Resident Evil on Ps1 I watch my dad play for many hour as a child before trying myself.
Needless to say I got nightmares and mother threw it out.
Regardless I grow up to love horror ♥.