Your first ever video game.

For the rest of your otaku life.
Netholas

Re: Your first ever video game.

#91 Post by Netholas »

The first video games I played were Super Metroid and Killer Instinct on the Super Nintendo when I was around three or four.

Good times...

Otakuof10

#92 Post by Otakuof10 »

I was very late in playing video games. My first was Halo: Combat Evolved on PC.

LittleAngel

#93 Post by LittleAngel »

Wow the first game I ever played was when I was like 3...I think it was conkers bad fur day for the nintendo 64. It's not the kind of game a child should have been playing, but I do remember really liking it.

puka'slove
Projects: OtomeGames
Organization: LsF~ 4ever!

#94 Post by puka'slove »

My first game was (P)lanets.
I love it so much!!!~

~!Nice To Meet Ya! ~
Attachments
Love me or hate me, it's still an obsession.<br /> Love me or hate me, that is the question.<br /> If you love me then thank you!<br /> If you hate me then fuck you!
Love me or hate me, it's still an obsession.
Love me or hate me, that is the question.
If you love me then thank you!
If you hate me then fuck you!
candy love me and castiel.PNG (86.31 KiB) Viewed 2112 times

Nisa-chan666
Regular

#95 Post by Nisa-chan666 »

The first game I ever remember playing was Duck Hunt on the NES. That and for some reason I remember an Olympics game on there that I used to play with my family.

The first game I played that was actually mine was probably Pokemon Red. The sad thing about that is that I've had that game for nearly half my life now, and I still haven't gotten past the Safari Zone. How sad is that?

neebuu
Projects: Ataxia
Organization: Veggie Studios

#96 Post by neebuu »

My first-ever game was either Sonic 2 on Sega or some Aladdin video game also released on Sega. They're the firsts that I can remember!

RobertSilvermyst
Regular
Projects: Coming Home

#97 Post by RobertSilvermyst »

The first video game I remember playing was 'Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?' for the Commador 64. After that it was Asteroids, and then King's Quest V.

Kensela
Regular

#98 Post by Kensela »

First ever game was way back when gba was popular it was Hamtaro: Ham Ham Heartbreak.

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#99 Post by Sharm »

Hmm. There's a distinct possibility that the first video game I ever played was Pong. The first game I remember playing, though, was Donkey Kong Jr. on the Atari. I still remember when the first Mario game came out and I thought "But wait, isn't he a bad guy?"
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#100 Post by trooper6 »

I think Sharm and I are in the same generation...or I may be a tad bit older. My first game was Pong...then all the rest of the early arcade games...Asteroids, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Pac Man, Tempest, Frogger, and all the rest. When consoles came around, I was too poor for the Atari, but I got the Colecovision instead. Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Looping. And those early Mac games...those text based ones like Hitchhiker's guide or the Leather Giddess of Phobos. I remembering programming in BASIC. Yeah...games look way better now.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#101 Post by Sharm »

Most people my age didn't discover games until the Nintendo came out so you probably are a bit older than I am. My dad was a computer programmer so I learned to love computers at a very young age. Adventure games had graphics by the time I learned how to read well enough to play them. It was the coolest thing ever when we got a computer that had a screen with more than one color. Everything looked amazing! Of course now it's laughably bad and we're actually moving past uncanny valley territory with our rendering abilities. It's amazing how far things have come.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#102 Post by trooper6 »

Sharm wrote:Most people my age didn't discover games until the Nintendo came out so you probably are a bit older than I am. My dad was a computer programmer so I learned to love computers at a very young age. Adventure games had graphics by the time I learned how to read well enough to play them. It was the coolest thing ever when we got a computer that had a screen with more than one color. Everything looked amazing! Of course now it's laughably bad and we're actually moving past uncanny valley territory with our rendering abilities. It's amazing how far things have come.
You know, there are games from the past I still love...but I do not wear nostalgia-tinted glasses. I remember the Indiana Jones game for the Mac...and...yeah...the new games are 100 times better.

My console after the Colecovision was the Xbox...so I skipped over the Nintendo hegemony...which means that I never had the investment in Zelda/Mario/etc that some of the folks younger than me have. As a matter of fact, I was 13 when Super Mario Brothers came out, which was just old enough for me to be ridiculous about it. I loved Mario Brothers and didn't like at all the "new direction" they went with in Super Mario Brothers...so I avoided Nintendo for the most part after that.

But Xbox/PS2 era onward? What amazing games! I think the game that got be back into computer gaming was Deus X, and then it was headlong into RPGs and adventure games after that. And after being introduced to art games, I've found my way here to visual novels (usually more on the art game side). And I love them! What a great time to be a video gamer!
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

Dreambrush

#103 Post by Dreambrush »

Computer: Tetris on Windows 95.

Console: Mario Kart 64, I think.
My studio: http://facebook.com/eurasianartisans
My ongoing manga-styled graphic novel series: http://tapastic.com/series/Hyper-Squad
My main channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUoW3C ... 1j6PJ-bKUA
My gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DreambrushLPs

"What is one to do with a stockpile of knowledge that potentially reaches to the heavens? Is he or she supposed to only answer the questions they have already asked, or she he or she search for more questions to be asked, in order to further expand the scope of their desire for knowledge of their very life's purpose?" ---Narrator, Hyper Squad (2014)

i1abnrk
Regular
Projects: Critter Corral, Haremu Kikkemu Mo
IRC Nick: i1abnrk
Deviantart: i1abnrk
Github: i1abnrk

#104 Post by i1abnrk »

This thread sure brings back some memories. The first video game I remember playing was the original Pac-man arcade game when I was three. It was still new and shiny. There weren't any consoles yet.

Cith
Regular

#105 Post by Cith »

Some text based adventure which was frustrating as hell. Couldn't get the computer to recognise most of my commands, so in frustration I accidentally (on purpose) stabbed one of the characters with a pair of scissors, which sent him screaming out of the room to alert the guards. It was very satisfying :lol: