An innovative tool to help 3D modelers to create models

For the rest of your otaku life.
yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

An innovative tool to help 3D modelers to create models

#1 Post by yummy »

Students from the university of Tsukuba, Japan, have created a company named SoftEther corp.
This company has created QUMA, a tool to help 3D-CG artists. Combined with a software of their own, it becomes some sort of "visual model", that you can move, like the puppet you handle to help you visualize poses.

Official website here (with demo video, in japanese)

Efreet
Regular
Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]

Re: An innovative tool to help 3D modelers to create models

#2 Post by Efreet »

I saw this a while back, and I would really love one of these models. Putting purpose aside, I really do like how sleek and clean it all looks, the back fin and cables just make it look so robot-y.

That said, I really do like Fireball's Drossel...

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#3 Post by yummy »

It would be funny if you could use it, like a realistic representation of what you see on the screen. And if it works in both ways!
That's what I thought when I first saw this. Imagine your nendoroid/figurine/doll coming to life just as it displays on the screen! (please don't make them Chucky-ish though, it's kinda creepy).

And the interactions! You could make some kind of Augmented Reality game, with a sort of double screen, associated with special goggles...
And you could have several models, premium figurines, with more servomotors, more expression sets, etc...

Gaaaah!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

It's nice and very useful! But how much is the price? And will the software available in English?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by OtomeWeekend »

awesome! It's much more better than clip's pose studio! xD

@LVUER: If you haven't noticed in the upper right side of the site, you can change the site's language into english so maybe the game is also convertable to english(or why not? They made the site convertable in english and the software not?)^_^
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#6 Post by LVUER »

If it have English version, then my main concern would be still the price (especially since it would be in US$ or JPN Yen, making already expensive tool even more expensive).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by OtomeWeekend »

much better than having a completely no chance to get it like me(even though I'm here in japan), my allowance per month doens't even cut for my needs at all xD ---unless time slips and I am finally in sr. high and can work part-time.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#8 Post by LVUER »

Well, you could buy software like that after you graduate or sometime in the future when you have a job. No need to rush, really ^_^ (Of course at that time, there will be a much more advanced version of that software or something similar). You grow older everyday but you can't grow younger even a milisecond.

DeviantArt Account

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by OtomeWeekend »

well, people can still grow younger......................................in heart :lol: