Which anime do you like the most?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Celestie
Veteran

Re: Which anime do you like the most?

#31 Post by Celestie »

Seven wrote:It seems that Code Geass is very hot too —
That man in all white ... What is his name?
Whom exactly do you mean? The man in white from Code Geass you mean? (...do you mean Lelouch, the main character?)

I SO LOVE Natsume Yuujinchou! It's beautifulbeautifulbeautifulbeautifulbeautifulbeautifulbeautiful <3

And what can I say, I watched Gundam Seed/Destiny. It was stupid, often but I still liked watching it xD And when I have time I will watch Gundam AGE.

Trinity Blood is beautiful, too. I prefer novel and manga but the anime was fine for it was dedicated to the deceased novel author and had to be cut off with no definite ending because the novel never got finished.

And Angel Beats! It's a funny anime...and such a beautiful/bitetrsweet premise and ending TAT
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#32 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Preferably, Lelouch only wore all-white when he became the emperor in R2 so my highest guess is one of the white knights or stuff... er, maybe Suzaku since he became knight seven(?) since Code Geass: Hanyaku no Lelouch.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Aiurax
Regular
Projects: Becoming Wishful

#33 Post by Aiurax »

One Piece
Itazura na Kiss
Detroit Metal City
:]

Meatpie
Regular
Projects: Dr. Book's Book Store ~ Episode 1 ~ Enigmatic Mind

#34 Post by Meatpie »

Which anime do I "like" the most?
That's a tough one for me to answer, considering I've watched so many anime over the years.

If I had to pick one, that I could stand by my opinion of no matter what, not only because I like it, but because fundamentally the show is well executed and unique, I'd have to say Serial Experiments Lain.

Though, in the past year alone there's been enough for me to enjoy, and nearly say that I "like" it more than Lain, though I have a inkling that it is only because they are fresher in my mind.
So I'm going to have to do what I always do, pick one all time favourite and one yearly favourite.

Yearly Favourite: Steins;Gate (Dat scenario, dem characters, dat OST)
All time Favourite: Serial Experiments Lain

Yes, I'm a bit of a I'm a bit of a Science Fiction buff. I especially love Hard Sci-fi.

Crusher
Regular

#35 Post by Crusher »

I was pretty disappointed with Lain. It always felt to me like they desperately tried to make it a "smart" series, and many reviews talked about it like that as well, but in the end there was not really much left to think about and the ending was more simple than I ever expected - at least that's how I remember it because I can't even tell a single thing from this anime anymore. I guess people would tell me that I just "didn't get it" in that case, but I didn't feel like that was the case. More importantly: I didn't want to think much about it when I watched it, that's not a good sign for any series.

However, that reminded me of another series I definitely should mention in this kind of thread (although NHK remains far on top of them): Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

This was one of the first anime that I watched besides the ones for kids - and it still has a special place in my heart. I'm referring to both seasons of course!
As a Cyberpunk fan that was something for me from the start, and the whole separation between a great main story and episodes with a closed story gave it a good variety so it never gets boring. I especially remember the second episode from the second season ("night cruise"). It's about a possible terrorist who constantly makes plans to show humanity the truth about the conspiracys he thinks he knows about. The whole episode is just an insight into his life - how he is disgusted by everything he has to do and everyone who is around him - especially the cyborgs who don't need to eat anymore but do it anyway just as a kind of nostalgic ritual. On the other hand you see that deep in his heart he's longing for love that he doesn't get (and as it is later revealed cannot express with sex because he got his groin replaced). The whole episode has daydreams from him from time to time where he finally says what he wants to say and feels what he wants to feel - only to get back to the cold reality again that doesn't give him anything likethat. The whole execution of that was so powerful and profound that I really cannot forget it. Plus it ended with my most favorite song from all time: Monochrome by Yoko Kanno.

Which leads me to another thing that finally made the jump into the "best anime"-section and is the reason why it definitely has to be mentioned despite my unstoppable love for NHK: The soundtrack. This is not just music to accompany the episodes, it actually extends the episodes. That is something I have never seen again. How is that possible? The lyrics of the music actually give information about things that are not mentioned in the episodes, but you do know right away that this is definitely written for it.
For example, I think it was the second episode of the first season: There's a tank who got out of a military base and seems to drive towards a certain target without anyone controlling it. Later it is revealed that this tank had the mind of a person implanted who died of a disease. It is possible in the GitS universe to replace everything from your body, so diseases actually don't have to mean death to anyone. However, his parents were very religious and didn't allow him to do that. So all he could do was waiting to die and because he couldn't stand that he finally made the request to implant his mind into a tank to a friend.
Although that sounds kind of sad you never really experience how he feels - and that is where the track "Beauty is within us" comes into play. Lyrics so unbelievably sad and full of hate and desperation that you get to know his perspective better than anything. This is the magic of the series for me.

It's not just interesting politic-wise, it's a very emotional journey that questions what it actually is that makes us human and what it really is we need. An unforgettable experience.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#36 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Which animes I like the most? Well, that would be....

Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (and OVAs, especially)
Steins;Gate
Ramen Fighter Miki
Black Cat
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Vegeluxia
Regular
Projects: The Exorcynic (WIP), CPU-CITY (WIP)
Tumblr: lemonylulu
Deviantart: Vegeluxia

#37 Post by Vegeluxia »

I've really only seen a few anime all the way through... :'D I usually can't watch anything too long in episode count.

Right now I'm in love with Hetalia~<3 It's just too funny.
Before Hetalia my favorite was Escaflowne. It's one of the few anime I bothered to finish watching. It was just so wonderful. :D

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#38 Post by TsukiShima »

Vegeluxia wrote: Right now I'm in love with Hetalia~<3 It's just too funny.
I'm in love with it again, after watching HetaOni. it's made me a little crazy and appreciate the original funny Hetalia ;;

Meg'
Regular
Projects: Anges Démoniaques, Gang (Alex & Hugo), Le passé dans les veines

#39 Post by Meg' »

HanaMori wrote:
Vegeluxia wrote: Right now I'm in love with Hetalia~<3 It's just too funny.
I'm in love with it again, after watching HetaOni. it's made me a little crazy and appreciate the original funny Hetalia ;;
Hetalia is pretty fun to watch, that's right ! I laughed a lot when I watched it.

Anime that I like the most...
-Hitman Reborn
-Durarara !
-Gintama
-Special A
- Kaichou wa maid sama

And there are too much to mention so, I'll stop there :mrgreen:

facades
Regular

#40 Post by facades »

I love all kinds of Anime and there are so many good titles to mention!
But I'll just list my favourites from each genre:

Comedy:
GA - Geijutsuka Art Design Class
Minami-ke

Slice-of-life:
Aria
Mahoraba - Heartful Days-
Sketchbook

Mystery:
Detective Class Q

Romance:
Romeo x Juliet

Fantasy:
Tsubasa Chronicles

Classics:
Candy Candy

Overall favourite:
Clannad After Story ( I fell in love with Ushio and still cannot get over it)

qoivf

#41 Post by qoivf »

Hard decision...
I will go for the word Anime.
The word it's just sounds more fun to say it :D.
But Manga is a cool word to say too :3

But if I have to pick whether I prefer Anime or Manga,
I will pick Manga, because it's more detailed in the story.
It has more depth to it's meaning and
you feel that you understand the characters more.

Yonowaaru

#42 Post by Yonowaaru »

Looks like someone misunderstood the question.. Well, whatever.

For me,

-Steins;gate. I just love how they weaved time travel into a dramatic storyline.
-Hana-Saku Iroha. To me, it's the best non-drama Slice of Life-series.
-Ano hi mitta hana no namae o bokutachi wa mada shiranai. It was so awesome that I even remembered its full title. QED.

Rhonos

#43 Post by Rhonos »

Recently finished watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and I must say, one of the more well built shows of the last ten years. It was interesting, had fun and memorable characters, managed to balance comedy and drama (eventually), and just overall left a nice impression.

Another show that's been interesting me is Durarara and, while I'm not finished with it, it seems to spend a good amount of time focusing on each character (out of a good dozen) without rushing their story lines or the entire plot. That being said, it'll all come down to the next few episodes when time comes to deciding if it'll be one of my favorites or not.

LizBeth
Projects: A Cat with One Life

#44 Post by LizBeth »

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's been getting to me over the past couple of weeks, since I can't get it out of my mind (a clear sign that I need to get hooked on a new anime, and fast). Not just my favorite anime, but one of my favorite stories in general.

Gunslinger Girl

Ouran High School Host Club, although I absolutely hate animes that don't have a definite ending... so I guess Gunslinger Girl falls into this category as well, since I refuse to watch the second season (the art made me want to cry). I've read the entire FMA manga series as well, and am currently starting Gunslinger Girl. It should be good, since I don't know how it ends...

I've watched a few episodes of Soul Eater, and I think it's pretty good, although I keep expecting a main plot to start up and I'm afraid it may just be mindless comedy... But hey, it's streamed on Netflix, so why not.

I'm looking forward to Vampire Knight and, well, whatever will replace FMA.

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#45 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Hmm, do movies count? If so, I love pretty much everything done by Satoshi Kon. (Why did he have to die?! :cry: ) Perfect Blue being my favorite.

As far as actual animes:

Azumanga Daioh for some weird reason I find really enjoyable. I find it good to watch at night when sleep deprived, and you're just a little giggly. Then, every once in a while you can wonder if you are going insane due to randomness of it all.

Gunslinger Girl due to a sick admiration of the brilliance of using children as assassins. The whole concept just encapsulates the best type of strategy in the vein of "Art of War" cleverness, while simultaneously destroying any moral ground you believe you stand on.

Samurai Champloo for the awesome music and style of the whole thing. Plus, who doesn't love ronin roaming the countryside searching for a guy that smells of sunflowers? The whole premise is like some poetic haiku.

I haven't seen the anime, but I love the manga of Dance in the Vampire Bund because it is clever in a Daybreakers short of way and incredibly subversive and guaranteed to make people feel uncomfortable. It also has some amazing battles and fight sequences. Who doesn't love brutal fights between werewolves, soldiers, vampires, ancient vampires and ninja vampires?