Do you go to PIXIV.net?

For the rest of your otaku life.
OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Do you go to PIXIV.net?

#16 Post by OtomeWeekend »

i don't know but I can only say this because I can read japanese but...

The tutorials in Pixiv is very well really helpful. Usually when I'm bothered with something and need help, I just rush to pixiv site, type what I want to search (i.e. 着物の描き方<--how to draw kimono) and I'll find really helpful few tutorials I can never find in devART <.<

Another reason is, Pixiv has lots of PROFESSIONAL artists. One of the books I've bought for further digi-coloring knowledge is a book full of techniques by none other than great artists from Pixiv.

and the rest I cast amen on Keilis's comment xD

(also, if you are living in japan and aims to be professional, there are some contests, magazines and many helpful art resources that can help you find a job--or just improve your art for the best :) )
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Keilis
Regular

#17 Post by Keilis »

@HanaMori: Yeah, I don't go on Pixiv to socialize, because I can't. But, I'm sure you can find helpful tutorials there. I actually don't go there for tuts (I like referring to anatomy books for that, and colouring I learn myself or from ENglish tuts on dA), but for textures. The textures there are absolutely gorgeous and lively compared to the ones found on dA.

Sign up, but don't expect to chat with a lot of people, if any. xD You can always socialize on dA.

Lennonhead
Regular
Projects: "Hinomaru", "I'm Not His Friend"

#18 Post by Lennonhead »

I do. I have 75 followers.

My art is more successful there than on DeviantArt, Tumblr, etc. I don't know why.

EDIT to add things: I think the general quality is much better than DeviantArt. First off, I haven't seen any crappy recolored bases or "art" like that. Even the mediocre artists, of which there are a lot of course, seem to at least try.

Also, good art for my favorite series are easy to find there. Even if it's an 80's comic obscure in the West, or band fanart, or whatever, there's a lot of it, and a lot of it's decent-to-great.

Chorvaqueen
Regular
Projects: ID: Recollection

#19 Post by Chorvaqueen »

err, wasn't there an english beta version of that site?

Keilis
Regular

#20 Post by Keilis »

^ Yeah, but quite a bit of the site is still in Japanese (it's not fully complete, I guess?). Not to mention the artists themselves are Japanese, so comments, art titles, and tags are still difficult for English-speakers to adjust to.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#21 Post by TsukiShima »

Alright, I made a Pixiv account even though I tried to convinced myself not to. I was desperate to get a full picture of the new Archer Fate/Extra designs, and it's only a lot on Pixiv. So I lost.

While I'm around, there are a few things that I don't understand, what is the differences with that [Request my pixiv] and [add to favourite]? I understand that 'add to fav' is like 'watching' in Deviantart, but 'request'? Is it like requesting to be friends?

For now, I guess I'll just use my account to browse my colorful pictures, maybe later on I'll add my own artworks there.

Thank you again!

Keilis
Regular

#22 Post by Keilis »

Yeah, it's adding to your friends list, basically. You can filter stuff using it (like, only people from My Pixiv can see my bloodtype).

isacchi

#23 Post by isacchi »

I use Pixiv for adding my stuffs and also browsing more references since there are many talented people there--

Mypixiv means your mutual friend, while favorite means 'watch' just like deviantart.