Fate/Zero

For the rest of your otaku life.
Keilis
Regular

Fate/Zero

#1 Post by Keilis »

Anyone watching? NEEDS EVEN MOAR OF LANCER'S SWEET ASS.

My ovaries exploding aside, this anime's got TOP-NOTCH production values going on. Great music, gorgeous animation, and characters that aren't freaking kids. This is what a Holy Grail war should be like. ;)

Favourite moments:

- Waver abuse

- RIDER RIDER RIDER (t-shirt of conquest and jeans included)

- Rider and Waver OLD MARRIED COUPLE

- Lancer

- Lancer's Mole of Power

- Lancer's pro NTRing skills

- Lancer rejecting a certain bitch three times after NTRing her

- the producers' need to have ten different shots of Gilgamesh the Alcoholic King

Oh, yeah. The fights. Those too. Lol. Anyway, how are you guys finding it?

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: Fate/Zero

#2 Post by lordcloudx »

I'm watching this and I'd say it's the best series that I've come across in a while. The writer really knows how to subtly make you feel empathy for all of the characters while keeping the action of the plot going non-stop.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#3 Post by TsukiShima »

SO MANY GILGAMESH *drools*

I'm a big fan of Fate series, (wished I can play the game, but the size is too big for me), and I'm just checking out Gil's perfect body~

Pugfarts
Regular
Projects: I Will Hold Your Hand

#4 Post by Pugfarts »

I'm having the hardest time getting into this series. I started playing fate extra and I was like "this is great!" then I was like, "wait.. this is another death tournament series?" then i tried watching one of the animes and was put off and couldn't get back into fate extra. But now I see these pictures of a wonderful muscleguy and I'm torn yet again.
I need a spoiler before I decide to continue. Does everyone actually die by the end of the series/series's?

Keilis
Regular

#5 Post by Keilis »

@lordcloudx: Yeah, it's like I really do care about the characters (that they want us to care about). Nice backstories for the ones that are getting fleshed out, and still a mysterious aura around those you've yet to familiarize yourself with. The action's pretty good, but I feel like they lack speed that really gives an oomph to fight scenes. Like, they do tend to banter, but the swinging of weapons themselves are kind of slow, heavy. I know, it should reflect the weight of the weapons, but I feel like they're overexaggerating it by slowmoing them too much. Otherwise, I love this show.

@HanaMori: Actually, I'm almost done the Fate/Stay Night game, but I think this anime series is better (I dropped FSN the anime after a couple episodes). The FSN novel uses waaay too much repetition of scenes, and it hardly feels like a war; you play a kid from high school who likes his women in the kitchen. Though Kiritsugu prefers using himself as a means to kill other Masters, at least he won't outright tell Saber to not fight. Playing the game does clear up a lot of things for F/Z, though. And yes, Gilgamesh is so hnng (when he gulped that wine down holyshitmyovariesss). Almost as sexy as Lancer and his Mole of Power. ;)

@Pugfarts: I never played Fate/Extra, so I don't know what it's about. If I recall correctly, the FSN anime sucked (DEEN did produce it), but this one blows FSN (game and anime) out of the water. Muscle-guy would be Rider, and he and Waver (his Master) are sort of the comedic duo of the series. Of course, they do kick ass on the side, as well. Good thing Rider and Waver get plenty of screentime to offset the angst of the rest of the cast. This series is still ongoing, and only 13 episodes long for the first season (second season airs in a couple months, I believe, and is 12 episodes). Not everyone dies at the end of the series (I know at least two survive, of the Servants), though I'm pretty sure most do (if they're not somehow bypassing the rules of the Holy Grail war).

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by TsukiShima »

@Pugfarts; You won't understand Fate/Extra unless you understand the original Fate/Stay Night. Fate/extra is more or less an alternate universe of FSN. Some characters there are from FSN, but they have different roles and probably not connected to the real FSN storyline. Unless it's our ally Archer, who is actually Emiya from FSN, but there's a lot of theories and possiblities, and one of the theory he is a counterpart of the Archer in FSN. I know these things because I'm replaying Fate/Extra and investigating more about the theories.

Also, watch out, Fate/Extra CC is coming out next year!

@Keilis; I still wish I could actually get the feel of real VN! I've watched FSN till the end and became a fan ever since. I must admit my most favourite route would be the UBW, the movie they made based on it was superb to me! I haven't watched Fate/Zero yet, but I do know most points about it. I like the trios the most; Saber, Gilgamesh, Lancer. I forgot why were they grouped though. Too bad Gil's attitude is an ass all the time, but Lancer is sexy enough ;D
Is it almost finishing? I really want to catch up, but I'm already left behind so many episodes and I don't know how far the story already goes.

Keilis
Regular

#7 Post by Keilis »

^ I liked UBW, though the fact that Archer was Shirou kinda killed it for me, since I loved Archer (I detested Shirou). I haven't watched the movie either, actually. I honestly don't know that much about the rest of the Fate universe or what Type-MOON has done. And my god, I love that trio too. I kind of wish Saber had a better sense of humour though lol. BTW, lots of Fate/Zero fan-art on Pixiv. You must see. xD Those Japanese people are insanely talented. Yeah, Gilgamesh is an asshole, but I forgive him because Saber totally rejects him lolol, poor guy. The series is almost done (I believe it finishes on the 25th or something; it's on episode 11 right now). The story continues on in the next season next year.

RMAudio

#8 Post by RMAudio »

Fate/Zero is easily my favourite anime airing this season, the highlights being Waver and Rider - I think they could easily turn this into the Waver and Rider show and it would still be awesome.

Kind of disappointed that they decided to split it into two seasons, but if it keeps the quality of the animation up, I guess it's worth it.

I just started playing Fate/Extra a couple of days ago too. It's pretty weird seing how the mechanics of the war have diverged from the reality F/SN is set in. On the plus side, at least it won't involve innocent bystanders. But on the other hand, there's a guaranteed 127 dead masters during the tournament (and I think the counter was set at several thousand most of whom died in the prelims). Kinda harsh!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#9 Post by lordcloudx »

@Kellis: Ugh! Didn't know they'd split it into two seasons. I want to see more of Kiritisugu and his emo self in action, personally. Also, I personally think berserker is the coolest of the F/Zero servants. He actually deflected all of Gil's spammed weapons and used them against him.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#10 Post by Omnificent »

Sweet, a thread!

There are going to be some WHAMs at the end of Fate/zero that I am looking forward to seeing animated. All the last scenes of the light novel gave me chills.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by TsukiShima »

@Keilis: You should watch the movie! It's great, and you'll be able to see the heroic side of FSN Lancer. Too bad he has a little screen time though. I did browse up lots of Fate/Zero pictures in PIXIV, I feel that I'm a lot more happier there to know there's more people catching up there than around somewhere else. And, no matter how much I know, I still can't get why Saber rejected him over and over again xD

@RMAudio: How was the game? I'm sorry, it's just that I can't seem to find many Fate/Extra fans. It's excites me to know there are more and more people playing that gaming. When I first played it, I feel that I'm always so close to Dead End or Game Over that it scared me so much if I don't save. But I'm more caught up with the whole plot. I read up Type-Moon wiki but I can't completely understand the real MC's past, so I decided to just play it until the end.

Anyone knows about Carnival Phantasm? I'm curious about it.

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#12 Post by Desu_Cake »

Fate Zero is quite possibly the best anime I've ever seen, ever. I love it so damn much.

And Carnival Phantasm is a close second.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by TsukiShima »

Is that Dark Saber? Oh my OAO"... Gilgamesh must be very happy..

Keilis
Regular

#14 Post by Keilis »

^ OMG I saw that lol. Carnival Phantasm's good, but I don't know the other Type-MOON stuff, so I just skip them and go to the Fate/Stay Night goodness. And omg, Lancer's so abused there lol. If you know Type-MOON stuff, you should definitely watch. It's so lolz. Or be like me and skip the stuff you don't know.

@Omnificent: I think I'll read the novels after I'm done with the anime; I heard quite a bit got cut out from them.