FF XI
4%
FF X-2
2%

Total votes: 57

Lillico
Otaku Manga Maiden

#16 Post by Lillico »

Sai wrote:It's 7 for me! ^^ It was my first game on the Playstation. I had a choice between a couple of games I could play first I think and I chose that one cos I figured it would be good. As I'd seen the PC version floating around and the pictures impressed me (the graphics were good back then). I loved it. When SPOILER Aeris died END SPOILER I honestly felt upset! hehe. And also I *really* didn't want it to end. I had difficulty defeating the end boss (shh) and I didn't even know it *was* the end boss. And when I beat it and the game ended I was like... wait, this is the end?? =(
I love the music, the boss music was my favourite because... I guess it just has some kind of classical powerful overture going on in it. I really loved boss battles and hearing that music hehe. The rock remix in the official Final Fantasy: The Black Mages album is great too.
The materia system was great and the limit breaks were cool. Carbuncle looked cute.
The theme park was fun and all the mini-games. The story caught my attention and had alot of variety. I loved the characters.

Umm yeah.. I liked it *alot* =D

it was the first game I got my my PS too.. <3 the game just gave me such good feeling when I played it- and when I wasn't playing- it was like missing friends that were gone... that doesn't happen to me very much anymore.. have you guys heard anything about the re-release with ADVENT CHILDREN is it going to just be an upgrade of the orginial or are they completely remaking it with all new graphics and what-not?
oh yeah.. has anyone ever even played ff-11.. ;_;
I don't know anyone who has yet... :cry:

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#17 Post by Sai »

Advent Children isn't a re-release of the game. It actually isn't a game at all. It's more of a DVD movie of about an hour that is set 2 years after the end of Final Fantasy VII.
Hopefully it turns out OK... I'm kind of wary of how they're putting in new characters. Hopefully it won't seem like a completely different story... But I think I'll still enjoy seeing the characters again in any kind of format.

Squaresoft stated that they won't re-make/upgrade the original Final Fantasy VII, despite people asking for it, as they said as long as it is playable on today's systems then there's no need. Due to Playstation's reverse compatibility, it'll probably be a looong time before a remake is even considered... =\

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#18 Post by Otaku Dash »

FF7 ALL THE WAY!! I have it in my computer..but i stopped playing it for a while since i got Ninja Gaiden for X-Box... (OH THE PAIN...THE GUILTY FELLING!!)

I Thought FF/: Advent Children was a movie that is going to come out in the cinameas that talks about Clouds and Sephiroths lifes after the last battle....
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

#19 Post by Guest »

Otaku Dash wrote:FF7 ALL THE WAY!! I have it in my computer..but i stopped playing it for a while since i got Ninja Gaiden for X-Box... (OH THE PAIN...THE GUILTY FELLING!!)

I Thought FF/: Advent Children was a movie that is going to come out in the cinameas that talks about Clouds and Sephiroths lifes after the last battle....
that kinda sucks- I new it was a movie but when I started hearing about it- they said it wsa going to come out withthe game too ;_; I was hoping it would @ least run fast and look smother.. oh well.. I guess I'll just play the copy I've got... ;_;

#20 Post by Guest »

Sai wrote:Advent Children isn't a re-release of the game. It actually isn't a game at all. It's more of a DVD movie of about an hour that is set 2 years after the end of Final Fantasy VII.
Hopefully it turns out OK... I'm kind of wary of how they're putting in new characters. Hopefully it won't seem like a completely different story... But I think I'll still enjoy seeing the characters again in any kind of format.

Squaresoft stated that they won't re-make/upgrade the original Final Fantasy VII, despite people asking for it, as they said as long as it is playable on today's systems then there's no need. Due to Playstation's reverse compatibility, it'll probably be a looong time before a remake is even considered... =\
and speaking of remakes- did anyone play Lunar- the Silver Star Story?? and then theres ANOTHER REMAKE for the GBA too... man the SEGA CD version is the best in every way- everytime they remake it- they taint the title alittle more- it's really a shame that not many people got to play the sega cd version- (it was my first rpg <3)

Lillico
Otaku Manga Maiden

#21 Post by Lillico »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^is teh lillico^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I really need to remember to log in.. -_-;; I hate my room mates computer... >-( can't wait for boyfriend to get his new mother board so I can use my computer again >{

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#22 Post by Sai »

Otaku Dash: Last I heard it was just gonna be a straight to DVD release... I guess because it's like 7 years after Final Fantasy VII they probably reckon it'll only appeal to a certain market. What with Spirits Within failing (or at least I think it did), I doubt they want another box office dropout... But I would be there in a flash if it was out in the cinema, it'd be fantastic! But I doubt that would happen in England. For example the only anime we seem to get on the big screen is kid's craze or disney funded stuff e.g. Spirited Away and Pokemon/Digimon years ago...

Lillico: I think I heard it would be coming with a copy of the game but that it would be the original game. I suppose something to grab those who pick up the DVD without knowing fully the game it's based from... I guess things could of chanegd since I last read up on news though, but Squaresoft seems pretty stubborn about it heh unfortunately. I stopped reading up on enws however because of all the darned spoilers. So for all I know they could of announced in the last month that Cloud would be in it dressed as a bunny (well I guess it's possible if the price is right, he already did a phone commercial! I need to get a copy of that commercial... without running into spoilers for Advent Children ¬_¬ Oh and I think they have Final Fantasy phones or something but they looked like absolutely nothing special (just a normal phone with maybe a tiny bit of text on if I rememebr right.... )). I dunno. I would hope they'd up the graphics and so on but... ¬.¬

If you want info try:
http://www.adventchildren.net/
or
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?i ... &tp=6.html
or
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

But be careful of spoilers

Lillico
Otaku Manga Maiden

#23 Post by Lillico »

woohoo now I wanna make more ff7 fan art.. :D

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#24 Post by Otaku Dash »

:D

VINCENT!!! man i really like having Vincent in my team. *Fear Vincets coolness!* (feels the urge to play FF7 again...still on Cd 1, in the Ancients temple.....And yes i know....some friends of mine are great with spoilers :x Sephiroth call a giant meteorite on the planet... i hate when somone spoils my fun..... :cry:

Lillico -> The pic is just....so......KAWAII!! I love it! Your style is really great....

Do you guys know about the problem with Aeris 's name? The True name to Aeris in Japan is Aerith, but since it didn't make much sence in Europe and in other countries...Squaresoft changed it to Aeris (wich i think its better)...

Some say that in Advent Children the name that is going to appear as recalling Aeris is Aerith (the jap name) wich made some guys saying..

"DO NOT CHNAGE TO AERITH....PUT AERIS BECAUSE AERITH IS JUST PLAYING STUPID!!!"

I don't think that way...although i like Aeris more than Aerith.... :?
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#25 Post by Sai »

I do actually like Aeris because it was what I had become accustomed to first and in terms of the way English pronounce things it does flow better. But you'll find a lot of people who really hate when they change the name, no matter what. Because truthfully, would you meet a Japanese person and change their name just because it would be easier to say? It would most likely be considered rude and disrespectful to the person. True Aeris is a fictional character, but there are people who prefer things to be as they were originally.
Just as there are people who are the other way around. So I doubt Squaresoft (well Square-Enix now) will be able to please all.
I'm not sure what my standing is. I'll wait till I hear it and then complain if I must.

One thing about Aerith. It can be re-arranged to spell I Earth. And Aerith being an Ancient in touch with the Earth. It's rather appropriate. Whether that was intentional, I can't remember.

Grey
Veteran

#26 Post by Grey »

Sai wrote:Because truthfully, would you meet a Japanese person and change their name just because it would be easier to say? It would most likely be considered rude and disrespectful to the person. True Aeris is a fictional character, but there are people who prefer things to be as they were originally.
Well, in real life it would probably be considered rude to name all the main characters you meet, but anyway :roll:

It's not quite the same though, because you're take a japanese game, and translate it into english.

All your other characters have got English or English prenouncable names like Cloud, Sephiroth (real english words) Rufus, Vincent, Tifa or Hojo, Reno etc (english prenouncable names).

Then you've only got Aerith left, (and a couple of minor characters that no-one cares whether they're renamed or not) which when spoken sounds like you've got a lisp. It makes sense that they changed it, catering for most of the english speaking market, rather than the minorities like japanese fanboys, or translation puritains or what have you.

Eiji
Regular

#27 Post by Eiji »

favorite FF game?

tough one.. I guess for me its a toss-up between FF7, FF online, and FFX/FFX-2.

Herzeleid

#28 Post by Herzeleid »

FFVIII all the way.......It's the only one(so far) that all the characters I actually like.......Well except for Rinoa........ :roll:

musical74

Tough choice

#29 Post by musical74 »

My favorite Final Fantasy of all time? hmmmmm.....that's tough, because I have been a fan of the FF series since they came out with Final Fantasy old the old NES!

Having played, everything up to FF 9 <I don't have a PS 2>, I would say that my favorite of all those would be FF 3/6...it broke to much new ground, and they made a point of making sure that ALL the characters had a deep and detailed storyline, whereas before you had *one or two main characters and a bunch of generic nobodys* as far as story behind them went. It also made you feel for so many of the characters <Terra trying to find out what love is, Locke trying to correct a horrible mistake, etc>. 7 is certainly good, but I didn't care much for the materia system <got spoiled on FF6!> and the idea of each having unique abilities was diminished quite a bit <.i.e. everyone could steal, whereas in FF6 Locke was the only character that could>. Also, the idea of technology and magic together was, before FF6, almost unheard of, and they pulled it off SOOOOOOO well =). The main villan in FF7 doesn't seem to have much of a personality <destroy everything that isn't Cetra> whereas the main villan in FF6 is more believable and more conniving <getting rid of his superior, for example>.

Can't you tell I love FF6? :)

hardyharhar

#30 Post by Guest »

Sai wrote:Otaku Dash: Last I heard it was just gonna be a straight to DVD release... I guess because it's like 7 years after Final Fantasy VII they probably reckon it'll only appeal to a certain market. What with Spirits Within failing (or at least I think it did), I doubt they want another box office dropout... But I would be there in a flash if it was out in the cinema, it'd be fantastic! But I doubt that would happen in England. For example the only anime we seem to get on the big screen is kid's craze or disney funded stuff e.g. Spirited Away and Pokemon/Digimon years ago...

Lillico: I think I heard it would be coming with a copy of the game but that it would be the original game. I suppose something to grab those who pick up the DVD without knowing fully the game it's based from... I guess things could of chanegd since I last read up on news though, but Squaresoft seems pretty stubborn about it heh unfortunately. I stopped reading up on enws however because of all the darned spoilers. So for all I know they could of announced in the last month that Cloud would be in it dressed as a bunny (well I guess it's possible if the price is right, he already did a phone commercial! I need to get a copy of that commercial... without running into spoilers for Advent Children ¬_¬ Oh and I think they have Final Fantasy phones or something but they looked like absolutely nothing special (just a normal phone with maybe a tiny bit of text on if I rememebr right.... )). I dunno. I would hope they'd up the graphics and so on but... ¬.¬

If you want info try:
http://www.adventchildren.net/
or
http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/go.php?i ... &tp=6.html
or
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

But be careful of spoilers