Best Anime Ever Watched?

For the rest of your otaku life.
nyaatrap
Crawling Chaos

Re: Best Anime Ever Watched?

#31 Post by nyaatrap »

I like the characters of suite more, but the show watching repetitively is Heartcatch because of its intensive battle scenes. Actually, the battle concept of my game is hugely influenced by Heartcatch :)

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#32 Post by ThisIsNoName »

For what I think is the best, Cowboy bebop wins hands down, but here are a few of my favorites:

Darker than Black
Evangelion
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Trigun

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#33 Post by KissOfDeath »

I LOVED School Rumble because of its randomness, and how they even admitted in the show that it was supposed to be a romantic comedy, but it strayed ever so much xD

and Itazura Na Kiss and Clannad+The After Story were all good ones too
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#34 Post by LVUER »

I also love School Rumble but capital HATE it for its ending. I also love Azumanga Daioh and the ending is (unlike School Rumble) is good (standard... but way better than School Rumble, really...).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#35 Post by Hijiri »

FLCL

If you havent watched it yet, stop what you're doing and go watch it. Even the most anime-disliking person can't help but enjoy FLCL (No, I am not exagerating, I actually made someone like that watch it, and they enjoyed it)
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#36 Post by teacup »

Funnily enough, my boyfriend [an anime fan] actually hated FLCL.
Our friends found out he hadn't watched it and forced him to marathon the series, and he awsn't amused. At all ; w ;
...I truly don't understand how anyone can hate FLCL, it's basically a classic;;

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#37 Post by Sapphi »

It's probably because they forced him to marathon it and had such great expectations for him to like it. Back when it first came out, my cousin refused to watch High School Musical because all the "popular" girls had been into it first and she felt excluded. When me and another friend got into it*, she maintained that stance as a kind of "identity". When she finally did concede to watch it, she didn't watch it with an open mind and didn't allow herself to enjoy it. At the end she was just like "It was okay." People are contrary sometimes and will only like something if they were the ones who discovered it :P

*I was younger then, okay? Don't make fun of me :lol:
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#38 Post by OtomeWeekend »

On the other hand, this has been aired during my whole anime fandom and this is the first time I've ever heard of FLCL--and it's not even in the genres of anime I try to avoid since childhood.

Then again, does anyone still remember fushigi yuugi? I'm re-watching it and as usual, I'm having my love-hate feelings for this anime. I love it(cause if I don't won't even replay it) but it annoys me that I want to kill Miaka or Tamahome or the two of them. Unlike when I first watched it(I was 3-4 yrs old.lol, surprising enough that I still remember it :lol: ) or the 2, 3rd time(during elementary, doubting i remember how old i am back then), I started liking Tamahome better than Hotohori now. Perhaps the change on my point of view in anything reverse harem or otome has greatly affected my cup of tea.
During the 2,3rd time I watched it, I've been raging why Tamahome needs to go back to Konan and why doesn't Hotohori just give him the final blow, bye-bye world thing. Then he can end up with Miaka and stuff. Right now, I even felt touched when Tamahome cried when Miaka said goodbye to her in Kutou and he was still under the influence of kudoku.
It wouldn't mean I REALLY liked Tamahome. He still annoys me in some point but not as much when I first watched it.

Lol, nonetheless, Fushigi Yuugi is one of my most annoying and favorite anime(I never read the manga ._.)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Daggett
Regular
Projects: The Gensoukyou Conspiracy (suspended), The Tribulation Of a Torn Anima (suspended), The Gensoukyou Project Funsized Edition
Organization: None

#39 Post by Daggett »

Can't pick one, can't list them in order.

Azumanga Daioh
K-on! (I agree with you about the season endings.) :cry:
Gunslinger Girl (Season 1 anyway)
Hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora
Lucky Star
Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no yuuutsu/Nyoro~n Churuya-san
Chi's Sweet Home
Nichijou
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Usagi Drop
Individuality's fine... As long as we all do it together.

Magicprincess20
Regular

#40 Post by Magicprincess20 »

The best anime i have watched so far are

Kanon
DN Angel
Air
Myself Yourself
Mashiro-iro Symphony: The Color Of Lovers
Canvas 2: Niji Iro No Sketch
Dog Days
Otome Wa Boku Ni Koishiteru
Final Approach
Pretar
Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku
Fruits basket
Gakuen Alice
Shining Tears X Wind
Shuffle
Shugo Chara
Sola
Special A
Tokyo Mew Mew
Kamichama Karin
Kaichou Wa Maid-sama
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
Zero No Tsukaima
Zero No Tsukaima: Futatsuki No Kishi
Zero No Tsukaima: Princess No Rondo

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#41 Post by WatchJessieGo »

Air, definitely. -Points to icon- It's my favorite anime evar. Followed by that, Ano Hana. :3

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column Demo, Memory Mage
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

#42 Post by SelLi »

Shows:
Kanon
Angel Beats
Clannad (Need to finish Clannad and need to watch Air. Key seems to be made of magic.:))
Lucky Star (For when you just want to have fun.:))
Karas
Movies:
Millenium Actress
Spirited Away
Porco Rosso!! (Is it true that they're making a second one!?)
Many Ghibli movies (not so much Howl's Moving Castle or Ponyo, and I tried to sit through Pon Poko but... I just couldn't.)

A year or so ago, I was really into Lain. And I remembered it being great so I was like "Hey (brother)! I know, why don't we watch Lain since we're wanting to watch something?"
After a few episodes, I was like...
"what the heck am I watching..."
It's just mental throw-up. I'm not saying it doesn't make sense- it makes sense rarely- but when it does make sense it's just a lie anyway and... there's just really nothing charming about the series. I guess I was into it before for the mind bending, like Cat Soup and Evangelion ect, but... yeah...

Oh, and of course, I like Nyoron Churuya san. lol XD

-Edit- I'm missing a lot of stuff, I'm sure, but I've said too much already! : D

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#43 Post by LVUER »

K-On and Infinite Stratos. Perhaps the story is not for everyone and perhaps story-wise, it's not that good. But the production value for the anime is very very high.

If you take a look at K-On, every single aspect of the anime (both season) is almost perfect (since there's no word perfect for artist). The voice acting, the drawing, the animation, the background (yes, the BGs are simply awesome), the pacing, etc etc. Hard to believe they make anime this caliber for light and fluffy anime like K-On, especially considering this anime spans for more than 32 episodes (both seasons), not some 13 episodes OVA. Take a look at Lucky Star, School Rumble, or Azumanga Daioh (similar animes I might say). Though they are very good on their selves, I have to say the quality is very different. Though may be they want to keep the manga feeling into the anime contribute to this matter.

And then there is Infinite Stratos. Again, lots of people hate this anime (big boobs, harem, naked girls, ecchi... and mecha, wait, what?), not me though... But that doesn't change the fact that the anime production value is sky high. The drawing, the animation, the CG, everything... well, not everything. The pacing is a little bad and the action sequence is not only too few and also not satisfying enough. Not to mention the deus-ex-machina that happen to often (though the original story have something to do with this). And one thing that I praise this anime so much is how they excellently blend 2D animation with 3D CGI.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#44 Post by HikkiPanda »

my problem with K-On anime is that it's not very funny as a comedy anime .. especially those filler episodes, kyoani's sense of humor just doesn't click with me ...

K-On manga is epic though, ^^

So Suite Precure is also good? Maybe I should give it a try ^^ (I love heartcatch too, and smile precure is pretty fun show so far)

Starshine
Veteran
Completed: http://berry-melon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -2016.html
Projects: Pancake Surprise (2016)
Tumblr: http://bettybooplover.tumblr.com
Deviantart: berry-melon
Soundcloud: sweepea-1

#45 Post by Starshine »

I kinda like 80's/90's Anime, i think its the music it was so more exsplosive to me. I have seen many episodes on youtube, it takes so long to watch though a whole series if your really intrested in it. I have not seen any modern Anime since 2010 but i have little seen clips.

Anime i like:
1. Dragonball
2. Creamy Mami
3. Cutie Honey
4. Sailor Moon
5. Urusei Yatsura

I guess i would have to say that the Dragonball series is the best i have ever watched due to the fact that it keeps being re-made into games and sometimes makes a small comeback like it did in umm 2008?, i would have originally classed the Sailor Moon series as the best i have ever seen, becuse i've seen all 200 episodes, but that series is dead, and the creator proberly will never bring it back, no matter how much the fans beg or craze over it. Their are a few things i'd like to see make a comeback but they never will. :cry:
Last edited by Starshine on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://berry-melon.blogspot.com
I'm not resting until I find
What would make your eyes
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Boo-Boo I couldn't aspire....to anything...
Higher...than to fill that one desire to make it
My own....Bop-Bop-a-Dop-Boop-Oop-a-Doop honey?