Best Anime Ever Watched?

For the rest of your otaku life.
RobertSilvermyst
Regular
Projects: Coming Home

Re: Best Anime Ever Watched?

#151 Post by RobertSilvermyst »

Wild Knights Gulkeeva. I had to search long and hard to find this one since it was a Jap-only release and a rather old anime at that. I finally found one that had english subs (though I question who did the subbing because it feels like some parts were subbed by different people and then they threw it all together), but overall it's a pretty entertaining anime that I always come back to. Especially the episode with Greyfus and the sick little girl. it makes me cry every time.

Chobits. This anime is simply hilarious, but it also gets the serious parts down right. It's a joy to watch from start to finish. Do your best Hidaki! =D

Death Note. This anime is intense, though it started to fall apart towards the latter part of the anime. Overall though, it's a very fun and dark anime to watch.

Dragon Ball Z / DBZ Abridged. II came across this anime back when they were selling them on VHS. From that point on I was hooked. The battles were on an epic scale, and humor was used quite nicely. When I learned of the abridged series, I found it even better than the original. To this day I still eagerly await the next episode on youtube as well as listen to Nappa and Vegeta play through various games.
MINEMINEMINEMINEMINE MINEMINE!!

Yu-Gi-Oh / Yo-Gi-Oh Abridged. This pertains only to the first series. I don't care much for the follow-up series of GX or card games on motorcycles. The whole storyline linking with ancient Egypt, the rivalry between Yugi and Seto, and the ever evolving storyline pulled me in. And like DBZ Abridged, the YGO Abridged made me laugh and enjoy the series even more. So screw the rules, I have green hair!

Pokemon. I still watch this anime even to this day, though I really don't care much at all for Cillan. Brock was far superior up until the D/P series. I do wish thought that Pokemon would eventually start taking the Yu-Gi-Oh route, end Ash's journey and give us a new protagonist like they were staring to do with the Raikou short where Jimmy and Typhlosion were the main protagonists, or the upcoming Origins short that features the real Red and Blue, rather than Ash and Gary. I also loved the Mystery Dungeon shorts, and I think they REALLY need to make them into a true anime series.

Digimon Tamers and Digimon Data Squad. Both are epic animes in their own rights, and each had characters I liked more than others. Riku and Renamon in Tamers, and Thomas and Gaomon in Data Squad.

Persona 4 the Anime. It's as awesome as the game itself, and boy does Yu have some serious swag!

Wolf's Rain. Epic from beginning up until towards the end. To me it starts falling apart in the last few episodes, and the ending really isn't satisfying at all.

Dream
Regular

#152 Post by Dream »

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Closely followed by "Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water."

Although i have yet to finish Shoujo Kakumei Utena and Kare Kano, and yet to see Future boy Conan or Lupin the 3rd, so maybe one of those titles "usurp the throne" so to say.

brystfire
Projects: Let's Learn Geometry

#153 Post by brystfire »

Angel Beats - made me cry even after re-watching it. The Best
Clannad - Made me cry in some episodes
Valkyria Chronicles - Epic storyline
Toradora
K-ON
Amagami SS And SS+
Code Geass -EPIC
Kuroko No basket
Hunter X Hunter - Great
Hayate the Combat Butler
Devil Survivor 2
Blood Lad
Date A Live
and many more :)
hard to pick one but if necessary i'll pick Angel Beats :D

NinjaNick
Projects: Learning to draw -_-

#154 Post by NinjaNick »

So far, it has to be Sword Art Online. I know a lot of people like it and I can understand why, it combines gamers, and anime lovers into one great English subbed, and dubbed anime. I love the romance, action, MMORPG aspects that they talk about. It is by far the best I have ever seen.

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

#155 Post by storykween »

Hmmm... definitely at the top of my list are:

1. Death Note (just... yeah... if you haven't seen it yet then what are you waiting for?)
2. Hunter x Hunter (especially the new one!--not sure why some people don't like it?)
3. Naoki Urasawa's "Monster" (the main fault of this anime is that it is slow and long-winded, but it is altogether so powerful and beautifully dark--the intense moments of drama are usually worth the wait)
4. FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (a good anime overall, but stands out for having the most satisfying and fulfilling conclusion that actually made the whole show stand as a solid whole)
5. Darker Than Black (this anime is all over the place and most of the time I don't know what's going on, but I love following the characters anyway and there's always a fun action sequence or great music to enjoy)

I recently watched "Baccano!" and can't decide how I feel about it yet... it definitely deserves a rewatch at some point. I'll have to check out some of the other anime shows listed here that I haven't tried yet!
My website: woodsy-studio.com

DeletedUser160413

#156 Post by DeletedUser160413 »

Gintama
Monster by Naoki Urasawa
Shingeki No Kyojin
Death Note
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO!!

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#157 Post by Rinima »

I really like Paranoia Agent. And Hetalia. And Evangelion....
and to many anime to chose from!
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#158 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Until now it's Steins;Gate and Shingeki no Kyojin!
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Yosh'
Tumblr: friedyosheggs
Deviantart: Polka-Dotted-Yoshi

#159 Post by Yosh' »

My personal favorite would have to be Code Geass.
I watched it when I first got into high school and became pretty hooked on it.

(Though my favorite manga, Donten ni Warau, is getting an anime adaption soon and if it goes well, it may push CG off the top of the list.)

RikuM56
Projects: Escape (WIP)

#160 Post by RikuM56 »

Right now, my all time favorites are:

`CLANNAD - I just love everything about this, even the crappy harem aspect of it. The visual novel just makes it so much better.

`Angel Beats! - Literally love it just as much as Clannad for all the same reasons. I feel it needs to be longer though, but the VN will definitely make up for it.

`Toradora - It's such an interesting romance, with a lot of awesome plot stuff and comedy. I really love rewatching it~

`Acchi Kocchi - There's something about this show that just puts it off from the rest of the moe out there. I just love the feel of it, as well as the characters and the comedy. I just really love it.

`Madoka Magica - I mean, magical girls with a dark twist is always awesome, especially with this particular one.

`K-ON! - the first anime I watched when I got back into anime. The music, the moe, and the surprisingly nice sub-plot elements really made it for me.

`Kokoro Connect - it's just unique and awesome~

`Kanon (2006) - the pacing on this show is really nice and the story is a great one from KEY. Made me cry for a while at the end~

`AnoHana - I'm a sucker for tear-jerkers, I can't help that. A nicely done anime with a story very reminiscent to Little Busters! Refrain, though a lot of people don't agree on that. It's good if you want to have your emotions messed with~

`Golden Time - This one actually just finished about a month ago, and it really turned out great, especially during the middle and last sections. Written by the same author who wrote Toradora, it's not quite as good, but it stands out and lives up to it's expectations~

StellarOrb
Regular
Projects: Dreams of Anabelle, Forget [not] That Flower, Murder Express, Libr
Organization: Stellar Orb

#161 Post by StellarOrb »

My top shows:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Kino's Journey
Madoka Magica
Monogatari Series
\|/
<xox>
/|\
Keep it stellar.

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#162 Post by thebackup »

1. Madoka Magica
I'm not normally into magical girl anime, but watched this one out of curiosity. I love the series so much, to the point that I have a figure collection and driving 80+ miles to see the movies 1, 2, and 3 (and among other things). And I love Homura, she's awesome :)

2. Hataraku Maou-sama!
Really loved the sense of cognitive dissonance of the series.

3. Sword Art Online
Loved the romance aspect of it.

4. Working!! and Working!! season 2
Cute and funny slice-of-life series.

5. Haganai Season 1 and 2
Unlike most, say, er, perverted, anime I watched, I actually thought this was pretty good. The story doesn't feel like a cheap "excuse" plot. That aside, characters were loveable and funny, especially the rivalry between Yozora and Sena XD

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#163 Post by noeinan »

New one I really loved:

Seirei no Moribito. It's a great action/fantasy, but another thing I love about it is that the main female lead is a middle aged woman who was well developed, strong (not only physically, but clever and with character) and wasn't fanservice. At all. It was quite refreshing. (Especially since powerful older women are really, really uncommon in anime.)

chickenhearted
Regular
Projects: Romancin Dudes(GxB)
Organization: chickandnugget
Tumblr: chickandnugget

#164 Post by chickenhearted »

I used to love Death Note.

Now my favorite would have to be Durarara!! because I think it's actually genius.

I like a lot of anime though, like Welcome to the NHK and Monogatari series and Stein's Gate...

Haika
Regular
IRC Nick: Haika

#165 Post by Haika »

I like mysteries.

1. Detective Conan
2. Danganronpa
3. Hyouka
4. Gosick
5. UN-GO
6. Prof. Layton Eternal Diva

I also like comedy.

1. Danshi Kokousei no Nichijou
2. Nichijou
3. Tonari no Seki-kun
4. Azumanga Daioh
5. Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

I also like sad anime.
1. Ano hi mita hana o bokutachi wa mada shiranai (AnoHana)
2. Clannad