- Posts: 42
- Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:35 pm
- Projects: Coming Home
- Location: CT USA
Chobits. This anime is simply hilarious, but it also gets the serious parts down right. It's a joy to watch from start to finish. Do your best Hidaki! =D
Death Note. This anime is intense, though it started to fall apart towards the latter part of the anime. Overall though, it's a very fun and dark anime to watch.
Dragon Ball Z / DBZ Abridged. II came across this anime back when they were selling them on VHS. From that point on I was hooked. The battles were on an epic scale, and humor was used quite nicely. When I learned of the abridged series, I found it even better than the original. To this day I still eagerly await the next episode on youtube as well as listen to Nappa and Vegeta play through various games.
Yu-Gi-Oh / Yo-Gi-Oh Abridged. This pertains only to the first series. I don't care much for the follow-up series of GX or card games on motorcycles. The whole storyline linking with ancient Egypt, the rivalry between Yugi and Seto, and the ever evolving storyline pulled me in. And like DBZ Abridged, the YGO Abridged made me laugh and enjoy the series even more. So screw the rules, I have green hair!
Pokemon. I still watch this anime even to this day, though I really don't care much at all for Cillan. Brock was far superior up until the D/P series. I do wish thought that Pokemon would eventually start taking the Yu-Gi-Oh route, end Ash's journey and give us a new protagonist like they were staring to do with the Raikou short where Jimmy and Typhlosion were the main protagonists, or the upcoming Origins short that features the real Red and Blue, rather than Ash and Gary. I also loved the Mystery Dungeon shorts, and I think they REALLY need to make them into a true anime series.
Digimon Tamers and Digimon Data Squad. Both are epic animes in their own rights, and each had characters I liked more than others. Riku and Renamon in Tamers, and Thomas and Gaomon in Data Squad.
Persona 4 the Anime. It's as awesome as the game itself, and boy does Yu have some serious swag!
Wolf's Rain. Epic from beginning up until towards the end. To me it starts falling apart in the last few episodes, and the ending really isn't satisfying at all.
Although i have yet to finish Shoujo Kakumei Utena and Kare Kano, and yet to see Future boy Conan or Lupin the 3rd, so maybe one of those titles "usurp the throne" so to say.
Clannad - Made me cry in some episodes
Valkyria Chronicles - Epic storyline
Amagami SS And SS+
Code Geass -EPIC
Kuroko No basket
Hunter X Hunter - Great
Hayate the Combat Butler
Devil Survivor 2
Date A Live
and many more
hard to pick one but if necessary i'll pick Angel Beats
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:30 pm
- Projects: Learning to draw -_-
- Location: Canada
- Posts: 135
- Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:17 pm
- Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
- Organization: Woodsy Studio
- Location: St Louis
1. Death Note (just... yeah... if you haven't seen it yet then what are you waiting for?)
2. Hunter x Hunter (especially the new one!--not sure why some people don't like it?)
3. Naoki Urasawa's "Monster" (the main fault of this anime is that it is slow and long-winded, but it is altogether so powerful and beautifully dark--the intense moments of drama are usually worth the wait)
4. FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (a good anime overall, but stands out for having the most satisfying and fulfilling conclusion that actually made the whole show stand as a solid whole)
5. Darker Than Black (this anime is all over the place and most of the time I don't know what's going on, but I love following the characters anyway and there's always a fun action sequence or great music to enjoy)
I recently watched "Baccano!" and can't decide how I feel about it yet... it definitely deserves a rewatch at some point. I'll have to check out some of the other anime shows listed here that I haven't tried yet!
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1071
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:31 pm
- Projects: Chloe, Love you like an Energy Drink
- Organization: Harmonic Dreams
- IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
- Deviantart: Emlindes
- Location: England
and to many anime to chose from!
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 519
- Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:23 pm
- Completed: Tour de Pharmacy, Tour de Paseban
- Projects: ERASER, Last Rx
- Organization: VN Project Indonesia
- Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
- Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
ERASER [before :
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous" (Paracelsus, The Father of Toxicology)
"Let us learn to DREAM, then we may perhaps find the truth" (August Kekule, the benzene structure inventor)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:29 pm
- Tumblr: friedyosheggs
- Deviantart: Polka-Dotted-Yoshi
- Location: United States
I watched it when I first got into high school and became pretty hooked on it.
(Though my favorite manga, Donten ni Warau, is getting an anime adaption soon and if it goes well, it may push CG off the top of the list.)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:45 am
- Projects: Escape (WIP)
- Location: New York
`CLANNAD - I just love everything about this, even the crappy harem aspect of it. The visual novel just makes it so much better.
`Angel Beats! - Literally love it just as much as Clannad for all the same reasons. I feel it needs to be longer though, but the VN will definitely make up for it.
`Toradora - It's such an interesting romance, with a lot of awesome plot stuff and comedy. I really love rewatching it~
`Acchi Kocchi - There's something about this show that just puts it off from the rest of the moe out there. I just love the feel of it, as well as the characters and the comedy. I just really love it.
`Madoka Magica - I mean, magical girls with a dark twist is always awesome, especially with this particular one.
`K-ON! - the first anime I watched when I got back into anime. The music, the moe, and the surprisingly nice sub-plot elements really made it for me.
`Kokoro Connect - it's just unique and awesome~
`Kanon (2006) - the pacing on this show is really nice and the story is a great one from KEY. Made me cry for a while at the end~
`AnoHana - I'm a sucker for tear-jerkers, I can't help that. A nicely done anime with a story very reminiscent to Little Busters! Refrain, though a lot of people don't agree on that. It's good if you want to have your emotions messed with~
`Golden Time - This one actually just finished about a month ago, and it really turned out great, especially during the middle and last sections. Written by the same author who wrote Toradora, it's not quite as good, but it stands out and lives up to it's expectations~
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:51 pm
- Projects: Dreams of Anabelle, Forget [not] That Flower, Murder Express, Libr
- Organization: Stellar Orb
- Location: United States, New York
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Keep it stellar.
- Posts: 278
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:36 pm
- Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria
- Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux
- Organization: PixaelSoft
- Location: Southern CA
I'm not normally into magical girl anime, but watched this one out of curiosity. I love the series so much, to the point that I have a figure collection and driving 80+ miles to see the movies 1, 2, and 3 (and among other things). And I love Homura, she's awesome
2. Hataraku Maou-sama!
Really loved the sense of cognitive dissonance of the series.
3. Sword Art Online
Loved the romance aspect of it.
4. Working!! and Working!! season 2
Cute and funny slice-of-life series.
5. Haganai Season 1 and 2
Unlike most, say, er, perverted, anime I watched, I actually thought this was pretty good. The story doesn't feel like a cheap "excuse" plot. That aside, characters were loveable and funny, especially the rivalry between Yozora and Sena XD
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1050
- Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:10 pm
- Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
- Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
- Deviantart: daikiraikimi
- Github: daikiraikimi
- Location: Washington State, USA
Seirei no Moribito. It's a great action/fantasy, but another thing I love about it is that the main female lead is a middle aged woman who was well developed, strong (not only physically, but clever and with character) and wasn't fanservice. At all. It was quite refreshing. (Especially since powerful older women are really, really uncommon in anime.)
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:18 am
- Projects: Romancin Dudes(GxB)
- Organization: chickandnugget
- Tumblr: chickandnugget
- Location: St. PigeoNation's
Now my favorite would have to be Durarara!! because I think it's actually genius.
I like a lot of anime though, like Welcome to the NHK and Monogatari series and Stein's Gate...
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:02 pm
- Projects: Aspiring Programmer
- IRC Nick: Haika
- Location: Indonesia
1. Detective Conan
6. Prof. Layton Eternal Diva
I also like comedy.
1. Danshi Kokousei no Nichijou
3. Tonari no Seki-kun
4. Azumanga Daioh
5. Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
I also like sad anime.
1. Ano hi mita hana o bokutachi wa mada shiranai (AnoHana)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users