Best Anime Ever Watched?

For the rest of your otaku life.
megatuga
Regular
Projects: 6 days (name subject to change)

Re: Best Anime Ever Watched?

#136 Post by megatuga »

Okay let's see... this is a "from the top of my head" list. Because probably I will think that I forgot someone.

Seitokai Yakuindomo
Steins Gate
Shinsekai Yori
Psycho-Pass
Bomberman Jetters
Rockman.EXE
C - The money of Soul and Possibly Control

and the one that takes the whole prize away... yes I made a list of the anime I liked but "Accel World" tops them all. It was for Accel world that recently I started to like anime. Heck, I bet that if it wasn't for that, I would never have watched any anime during the last 2 years. SO it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Kensela
Regular

#137 Post by Kensela »

For me Madoka Magica will always have a special place in my heart. While I still have plenty other anime that I adore but Madoka Magica was the first anime where I loved each and everyone of the characters. The story line was amazing and original and it brought a new meaning to the word 'magical girl'. Also while the art style wasn't my usual cup of tea the other art styles they showed where amazing. Also the sound track is beautiful.

Lunacore

#138 Post by Lunacore »

Haibane Renmei Such an adorable setting, it always makes me feel calm and relaxed.. Even though it can get depressing it will be always my favourite. The Art is showing the characters feelings so well.. And i realy like Yoshitoshi Abe's work..
Serial Experiments lain, psychological masterpiece.. Love the art..
Chrono crusade Made me cry as a child. Love, much love..
Kiba Reminded me off the typical pokemon and yugioh series, but much more mature.
Fairy tail Love.. Even though i don't watch it anymore..
Sasami-san Ganbarai! Liked this series of nonsense and drama so much..

I'm sure theres much more but i just can't remember it .. I always remember when its to late xD

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#139 Post by LVUER »

Lunacore wrote:Chrono crusade Made me cry as a child. Love, much love..
Just want to tell you that Chrono Crusade manga have completely different "last episode" and completely different ending too, so you may want to read the manga too, just in case you haven't. IMO, I prefer the manga ending.
The anime ending is too bleak for me.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#140 Post by Rinima »

I have a few:
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Mahou shoujo madoka magica
- SaiKano
- Hetalia
- Naruto (please don't kill me)
- Clannad
- Air
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

suikojay
Regular

#141 Post by suikojay »

All-time favorites:

Hikaru No Go - How can a game about Go be so good???
Chihayafuru - How can a game about Karuta be so good??? :lol:
Slam Dunk - How could a game about basketball be so good??? xD
GTO
Monster
Tsukihime
Rurouni Kenshin
Hajime no Ippo

Orison
Projects: Dream No More

#142 Post by Orison »

I'd have to say...
  • C - The money of Soul and Possibly Control
  • Devil Survivor 2 The Animation (I played the game, which is probably why I didn't find it boring like some people)
  • Natsume Yuujinchou (all of the seasons)
  • Most Studio Ghibli movies (my fave hands down being Spirited away, my least fave being Tales from Earthsea)

lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

#143 Post by lemonscent »

oh god lol I watched so much anime when I was five... but then I became like ~6 or so and stopped watching anime altogether. I guess my favorite would be full moon wo sagashite? I don't know, it was my favorite anime when I was a kid at least OTL
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#144 Post by Fenrir34 »

D Gray Man and Full Metal Alchemist. I can't choose between these two. They were just good series. I'm sad however, that they never fully finished D Gray Man....I hope they do...

Here are some others that I loved

Death Note (Till L dies :cry: )
Inuyasha
Hellsing
Wolves Rain
Eureka
Book of Friends
Mushishi
Kimi Ni Todoke
Saiyuki (Sadly not many people know this series...)

ZeroExistence009
Regular
Projects: Platonic Adolescence (Filipino VN for adolescents)

#145 Post by ZeroExistence009 »

Well, the best anime for me up to date is Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. I really love the MC and it is unique in its own way. My current avatar is the MC of this anime, Hikigaya Hachiman. :)

Other best animes for
-Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica -- this is really awesome! I love all the characters and the depressing plot!
-NHK ni Youkoso! -- this anime really hit me hard! Slice of life + psychological. Too much realism in this anime.
-Toradora -- of course I love their love team. And that kissing scene :lol:
-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni -- the plot twists and characters!!
-Code Geass -- Zero is the best!! All hail Lelouch!!

Well there are more to add but this is the best of the best for me :wink:
Not Everything is Worth Existing. -- ZeroExistence009

80% Programmer, 15% Aspiring Writer, 5% Hentai, 0% Artist and 100% Lazy Bum

FionaWings
Organization: FuwaNovel

#146 Post by FionaWings »

Hakuoki....Though now I like Free! and SNK Hakuouki stay on my heart as the no.1 anime I've ever watched :D

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#147 Post by AshenhartKrie »

Best so far has got to be either SnK or Mononoke. Mononoke has a pretty weak ending though, but since I'ts just a spinoff from Samurai Horror Tales (which I haven't seen) I guess it's understandable.
Funnily enough I didn't like Madoka Magica. I made it through like, 10 of the episodes (I know, I almost finished it), but yeah, it just wasn't for me. I can appreciate the great characters and storyline, but it just isn't my cup of tea.
I really like Wolf's Rain also, even if I haven't seen much of it.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#148 Post by Rinima »

Ohhhh, that's a difficult question :\
Personally, I really like Madoka Magica, but one that's also quite good is SaiKano.
I think it depends on the genre.
For example, my fav funny anime is Hetalia, no doubt, but my fav dark/angst anime is Madoka, and my fav adventure anime is Naruto (if that counts).
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Yomuchan
Regular
Projects: Codename: NSD!
Organization: Forkheads
IRC Nick: Yomu
Deviantart: Yomuchan
itch: yomuchan.itch.io

#149 Post by Yomuchan »

Best Anime ever watched?

... in my opinion, that'd be Excel Saga.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#150 Post by Caveat Lector »

For now I'll just go alphabetically:
. Bunny Drop - After this anime, I couldn't look at the more famous emotional anime in the same way. It's not a complex story with fantasy elements and cute girls in need of help, but it doesn't need to be. It's just a straightforward slice-of-life tale about parenthood and family. It would be hard not to find some part of the characters' family lives that's not a part of my life or someone I know. What's most admirable about it is its emotional honesty--each moment feels genuine, it doesn't feel forced or manipulative. It's just life. And yes, I know about the infamous manga ending, but we're not here to talk about the manga, we're talking about the anime. It would be unfair to condemn a wonderful standalone piece just because of how its source material ended. And besides, it's called "fanon discontinuity" for a reason.
. Madoka Magica - How can I explain what makes this show so brilliant without giving away the plot?...It's so well-constructed from beginning to end, everything fits in together, it's artistically brilliant, etc. And it's the kind of anime where I keep noticing new things upon re-watching, both in the background and in the story itself. I'd add more, but again, spoilers, and there's nothing I can say in non-spoiler terms about why this is brilliant that hasn't already been said by other people.
. Monster - To be honest, though, this applies more to the manga than the anime. Because, essentially, the anime IS the manga. It's not bad for an adaptation to be more faithful to the source material but it never hurts to be a little more adventurous. Despite this, though, it truly is one of the most brilliantly written stories ever conceived of. The characters are well-developed, it touches upon both the best and worst examples of what people are capable of, it has an uplifting message despite its dark undertones, and it has one of the most chilling antagonists ever.

There are many other examples I can think of, but I can't quite type out my thoughts properly until I re-watch or check out the source material for some titles that come to mind (I still need to read/play through the entirety of Higurashi, but I still love the anime) and create a better assessment.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete