League of Legends

For the rest of your otaku life.
Mareina

League of Legends

#1 Post by Mareina »

anybody else play it? =D

it's a MOBA, roughly 2 1/2 years old... kind of like DotA but not really. many champions to choose from, 3 maps... I really like it.

was just wondering if there is anyone else here who plays ^^ reply if ya do!

CainVoorhees
Regular
Soundcloud: peterjiangvo

Re: League of Legends

#2 Post by CainVoorhees »

I play! They just updated to season 3. I'm getting frustrated with my ranking points since my teams keep ending up losing. :(

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#3 Post by netravelr »

Yep. I used to play all the time and actually played against Riot and won, granted my team was amazing, but still. My enjoyment of the game tends to be decided by who I play with... but I like the game a lot more than any other MOBA.
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

Viniciuskk
Regular
Projects: Spring Breeze
Organization: Homeroom Interactive

#4 Post by Viniciuskk »

I also play it too, it's great! It has about 4 years. It's beta was released in 2009 with 20 champions. Singed and Zilean were the first champions to come out (2 months later, they were released together)

When I started to play it, Mordekaiser had just been put into the game. Good ol' times :P

Rawr, fear my avatar picture. :mrgreen:

Raithfyre
Regular
Completed: Highway Blossoms, Heart of the Woods
Projects: Highway Blossoms: Next Exit, Samayuuni, ???
Organization: Studio Élan
IRC Nick: raithfyre
Tumblr: considerrewordingthis

#5 Post by Raithfyre »

I play all the time!

Or at least I used to. I still play a couple games a week but not too much. Lux <3

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#6 Post by KomiTsuku »

I play League a fair bit. I almost always play as support, backing up a buddy of mine as either Soraka or Sona. Most people think support is boring, but I like it and am pretty damn good at it. We tend to crush lanes with ease.

CainVoorhees
Regular

#7 Post by CainVoorhees »

Support is a really underappreciated role. I usually play Leona in ranked in that role. I also play Thresh, Nunu, Lulu, Janna, and sometimes Soraka. I don't have much exp with Sona though.

Aedin
Regular

#8 Post by Aedin »

KomiTsuku wrote:I play League a fair bit. I almost always play as support, backing up a buddy of mine as either Soraka or Sona. Most people think support is boring, but I like it and am pretty damn good at it. We tend to crush lanes with ease.
I play support mostly but with Nami. Goood, I love her. And Vlad.
It's been awhile since I've played though. I miss it, but I just don't often have time.
"There’s no shame in pleasure, Mr. Gray. You see, man just wants to be happy, but society wants him to be good. And when he’s good, man is rarely happy, and when he’s happy he is always good."

Shione

#9 Post by Shione »

Support may be an underappreciated role, but my main role is the jungler, and I get a lot of rage from people. xD
It's a good thing I don't get angry often, or else I would've quit a long time ago.

Vladimir is one of my best champions for solotop, but I think my best (and current main) is definitely Riven, since I can go into three roles with her and usually win.

Kurapika

#10 Post by Kurapika »

I'm a main AD-Carry player and i appreciate every support player! :)

Lachez
Regular
Projects: Nakajo

#11 Post by Lachez »

I play on a team every once in a while as a top laner ^^ at least when I'm not working on my VN and working. I'm still in silver and my team is almost at Plat ;-; but I'm slowly making my way up with their help.

I'm really favoring Voli in jungle right now though >:3

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#12 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I play, and I suck. It's fun though. My brother likes showing off heroes he thinks I'd be interested to try -- actually he's the one that got me on playing.

I think I'm good at tanks on the bottom lane, since I got a few kills while using Garen. I need to study how to do item builds though; mine sucks and I keep on dying -- as in the I-die-everytime-I-storm-to-a-lane dying.

CainVoorhees
Regular

#13 Post by CainVoorhees »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:I play, and I suck. It's fun though. My brother likes showing off heroes he thinks I'd be interested to try -- actually he's the one that got me on playing.

I think I'm good at tanks on the bottom lane, since I got a few kills while using Garen. I need to study how to do item builds though; mine sucks and I keep on dying -- as in the I-die-everytime-I-storm-to-a-lane dying.
From what you're describing, it sounds like you need to work more on recognizing when you need to leave a fight, not fighting a fight, or engage a fight worth fighting. Items can only take you so far. ;)

The easiest way to do that is counting the number of champions involved - usually in a fight with four champions vs five champions, the team with five champions wins. Two champions will have a hard time winning against four champions, etc. You may want to watch your mini map more too; map awareness wins games.

If anyone is still rising to level 30, I'll be willing to teach what I know in regards to mechanics and more then willing to serve as a practice partner.

Lachez
Regular
Projects: Nakajo

#14 Post by Lachez »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:I play, and I suck. It's fun though. My brother likes showing off heroes he thinks I'd be interested to try -- actually he's the one that got me on playing.

Hey, when I first started I had no idea how to even use some of the abilities my characters had(it was also my first moba/non console) and it does have a sort of steep learning curve, but play it enough and each character as well as some of the mechanics and roles with them you'll be great in no time.

CainVoorhees
Regular

#15 Post by CainVoorhees »

Lachez wrote:

Hey, when I first started I had no idea how to even use some of the abilities my characters had(it was also my first moba/non console) and it does have a sort of steep learning curve, but play it enough and each character as well as some of the mechanics and roles with them you'll be great in no time.
For the climb to level 30, I can't suggest this enough. The real competitive game or the "meta" as the serious players know it doesn't really start until then. If you're just playing the game for fun, I suggest just picking out up to five champions and learning the roles they're associated with.