Calissa Leigh
Regular
Completed: No games, just books. :)
Projects: Murder Mystery 1
Organization: Arcato Publishing

Girl's Side 3rd Story in English?

#1 Post by Calissa Leigh »

Hi all!

I've been trying to figure out if/when a translation (either a script or a patch) might be available for the DS or the PSP game. I'm debating on buying the PSP Premium version that's out, but would want at least a translation script to help. I've been looking for one but don't see one.

Been wondering about translations for other otome games as well that don't have a patch. I don't mind Japanese games but sometimes I just want to know what the heck I'm clicking on. :)

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

Re: Girl's Side 3rd Story in English?

#2 Post by icebluehost »

There's a group who's doing the translation patch for 3rd Side (they've already made an english patch for 2nd Side) but I think they've been busy with other translation projects so it's not progressing very quickly. But the translation project for that is still alive and they do intend to translate it. Here's a link to their forum if you want to sign up and check for updates. http://gokusaishiki.vpforum.net/index.php

I don't know if there's anyone out there who made/is making a translation for the PSP version since I'm playing it on the DS and didn't bother looking.

As for otome games that have translations, that's much more difficult to find. Most settle with AGTH to translate the games (like I do) But if you look hard enough there are games which have been translated (like Yo-Jin-Bo and Starry Sky Spring) I think someone made a list of english otome games somewhere here in the forum...

Calissa Leigh
Regular

#3 Post by Calissa Leigh »

Thank you for responding. I had seen the forum but it looked like the game hadn't been talked about since 2011 so I wondered if it was either finished and just hidden somewhere or they dropped the project.

But I haven't heard of AGTH. Looked it up and I think I'll use that tool. There's many more games I'd like to play but have hesitated because of my limited Japanese. Looks like it would help a lot. :) Thanks!

Zylinder
Veteran

#4 Post by Zylinder »

The project is still ongoing, actually. We're currently translating an RPG for the DS, called Blood of Bahamut. It's nearing the end stages, and the translators are working on TMGS3, yes. We haven't made an announcement yet because it isn't official yet, but it's definitely in the works. The translation will only be for the DS, since the PSP version has a lot of complications the team doesn't want to deal with.

Calissa Leigh
Regular

#5 Post by Calissa Leigh »

Thanks so much, Zylinder. It does sound like a lot of work. The other ones have been very good. I do sometimes try to translate from the Japanese on a game, but some things end up lost in translation obviously, so it is good that there's a group willing to not only translate but translate to the point where anything that may not make sense is reworked a little to fill in.

The forums had looked almost abandoned when I glanced through it so I had thought it was dropped. :) But glad to hear it is still in the process.

Zylinder
Veteran

#6 Post by Zylinder »

Yeah, we don't post much in the forums, but we hang out in the message box instead (It's on the profile/message page for members) and we usually only post stuff when there's stuff to show. I think PhoenixGoddess posts some screenshots of things she find funny when she's translating sometimes, like the TMGS3 girls hitting on the MC XD