Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

Project A-Kon XXIII

#1 Post by Gear »

An introduction:
Project A-Kon is one of the largest anime conventions in the United States and the longest running anime convention in North America. It's held three days a year in Dallas, TX, usually at the end of May, or start of June. This year, it runs June 1-3 at the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Dallas. This year's guests include Tak Sakaguchi (an action star I've never heard of before now) and Ayabie.

Now that the intro is out of the way, I was curious to see who was going to attend this year, and whether or not you've gotten/will get a badge, or if you're a volunteer.

I said it before in another thread, I'll be working on Med Staff, so you may see me running around like a crazed...running person with a first-aid kit strapped to his back and a radio with squacking I don't even understand. Who else will be there? Shall we meet at some point and say hello? Will you be selling your VN(s) at a booth in the dealers' room? Details!
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Project A-Kon XXIII

#2 Post by sake-bento »

I'll be there. ^o^/ I was planning to stop by the med center and see you, but there's a good chance you'll be able to find me, too. I'm sharing a table with some friends in the Exhibitor's Hall. We all sell VNs. I'll bring you cookies, if you like.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Gear »

Cookies are awesome. As long as they're not oatmeal or raisin. Or oatmeal-raisin. I'll have to check out your table...

...come to think of it, I get the sneaking suspicion we've met before. Last year at A-Kon, I visited Sakevisual's table and mentioned how much I loved Enzai. It may not have been you specifically, but I have seen your table.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

velderia
Organization: Violet Comics

#4 Post by velderia »

I'm planning on getting a Sunday pass. The whole weekend would exhaust me to death, especially with school now.

@sake-bento: Are you planning to do another panel? I enjoyed yours last year. : D

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Gear »

I took the entire weekend off a year in advance (right after last year's Kon). Three days of no sleep, topped off with a massive alcohol fest. It's fantastic, haha!

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#6 Post by sake-bento »

@velderia: Unfortunately, I was a total idiot this year and forgot to submit a panel request. orz Hopefully I'll get one at AFest, at least. Do stop by the table either way. I'd love to see you. ^-^

velderia
Organization: Violet Comics

#7 Post by velderia »

sake-bento wrote:@velderia: Unfortunately, I was a total idiot this year and forgot to submit a panel request. orz Hopefully I'll get one at AFest, at least. Do stop by the table either way. I'd love to see you. ^-^
Cool! Awesome. I'll definitely say hi. ^v^

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Gear »

sake-bento wrote:I'll be there. ^o^/ I was planning to stop by the med center and see you, but there's a good chance you'll be able to find me, too. I'm sharing a table with some friends in the Exhibitor's Hall. We all sell VNs. I'll bring you cookies, if you like.
I can't find you...

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#9 Post by sayuri »

Ayabie is there?! WTF why didn't I see this sooner? I'm not so into anime right now but I still love Jrock. I believe Versailles came to A-kon a few years ago, would have died to see that show.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#10 Post by teacup »

When I heard Ayabie was there I died a little...
My boyfriend is there right now but I wasn't able to go with him for several reasons.
Ayabie was one of the first visual kei bands I ever got into and I would love to see them, but no ;_;