Does anyone miss Final Fantasy?

For the rest of your otaku life.
DeeKay
Veteran

Re: Does anyone miss Final Fantasy?

#46 Post by DeeKay »

LVUER wrote:Grandia is a good RPG but does not employ traditional turn-based battle system like Final Fantasy
Right, that's why I like some RPGs actually, because they don't get into a too traditional turn-based system, I like some variety.
I guess a good recent example of this would be Resonance Of Fate, it's pretty much out of most people's confort zones but I still like it ^^
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran
Projects: Dark Pleasures, Kiss of Blood, Midnight Park
Organization: Black Cat Alleyway

#47 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

Talking about other RPGs reminds me that I still have to hunt down a copy of Xenosaga. Geez, I hate losing the chance to play some games(.Hack series for example)

Carrogath
Regular
Completed: Basiliska, Green Eyed Monster
Tumblr: carrogath

#48 Post by Carrogath »

How about... Final Fantasy Type-0 the Otome? (OK, so it's just a joke, but Tetsuya Nomura's flowery character designs would be put to good use in a game like that.)

I've played FF4-10, and 13, but I've only finished FF7 and FF13, heh... I also started playing FFXIII-2 over the summer, but that mid-game crystal hunting thing got really annoying, so I stopped for a while.

I can't believe they're coming out with a FFXIII-3...

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#49 Post by LVUER »

Carrogath wrote:I can't believe they're coming out with a FFXIII-3...
S-seriously? Oh, wow!? (o__O)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Carrogath
Regular
Completed: Basiliska, Green Eyed Monster
Tumblr: carrogath

#50 Post by Carrogath »

LVUER wrote:
Yep. It's called Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, and is apparently supposed to be more of an an action RPG than the last two games. For one, you actually play as Lightning and force her into various outfits.

J. Datie
Veteran

#51 Post by J. Datie »

Carrogath wrote:
LVUER wrote:
Yep. It's called Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, and is apparently supposed to be more of an an action RPG than the last two games. For one, you actually play as Lightning and force her into various outfits.
That is the greatest terrible title I've seen in years.

purplefinch

#52 Post by purplefinch »

I always thought final fantasy was a lot more 'fantasy' type back when it was 1-6...
I mean to say medieval type. Maybe that's what a lot of people miss. Either way it was great.
Now it's japanese idols with greased hair dressed in fugly clothes, belts belts belts.

best FF was 5. It had an awesome job system lol. Plus Butz was a kool kat. In dissidia they made him really ... o_O ruined ...

AxVeil

#53 Post by AxVeil »

purplefinch wrote:I always thought final fantasy was a lot more 'fantasy' type back when it was 1-6...
I mean to say medieval type. Maybe that's what a lot of people miss. Either way it was great.
Now it's japanese idols with greased hair dressed in fugly clothes, belts belts belts.

best FF was 5. It had an awesome job system lol. Plus Butz was a kool kat. In dissidia they made him really ... o_O ruined ...

I love FF 5. It was the first FF I've ever played I still have the game until now. XD

risingdreams
Regular

#54 Post by risingdreams »

I'm nostalgic when it comes to Final Fantasy VI, as was the first Final Fantasy I ever play, but I liked Final Fantasy VIII a lot.

Sure, not the best game around, but I liked the characters. And FFIX, which was kind of a trowback to the older Final Fantasies.
icon from x_dirge_icons@LJ

AxVeil

#55 Post by AxVeil »

I wish they would make a Final Fantasy game with a medieval setting just like the old times.

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran
Projects: Dark Pleasures, Kiss of Blood, Midnight Park
Organization: Black Cat Alleyway

#56 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it before on this thread, but I honestly think a remake of FF VI would beat the crap out of any other FF title.
I am, however, scared of SquareEnix screwing it up

Aileo
Regular
Projects: Unnamed short project
Organization: [ctrl] + minds

#57 Post by Aileo »

The last Final Fantasy I actually cared for was 9, and the last one I loved was 6. I miss the old school game play. I really wish there was a little more strategy involved and I want characters to love again. Sadly, everything after 9 just didn't do it for me. And milking franchises has always been a pet peeve of mine. I hate the sequels and fighting crossovers, and movies and anime (I am looking at you, FF7). So yeah, I miss it.

darkphilious

#58 Post by darkphilious »

I miss the old FF series. I played FF1 and FF2, and I liked them. Then I played FF8, not bad, though I don't like the female protagonist. Then FF7, well, not really into it. Then FF9, it's okay, I guess. I played FF10, it's okay. Then FF10-2 came out, and I just lost interest. The new FF series doesn't have better storylines to me.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#59 Post by SundownKid »

I never actually liked Final Fantasy - I always felt like the games were a bit bland and very, very grindy. And now, the newer Final Fantasies have become too corny for me. I played a few of the retro ones, and FFX, but they never really had that "special touch" that made it truly fun. It was really the music that was the real star of the games, IMO.

kratoscar2008
Completed: hatsune miku VN (Personal project)
Projects: Erotic Dating Sim.

#60 Post by kratoscar2008 »

Kuroneko_rg wrote:I'm pretty sure I mentioned it before on this thread, but I honestly think a remake of FF VI would beat the crap out of any other FF title.
I am, however, scared of SquareEnix screwing it up
Be scared, very very scared.

I dont miss FF anymore, now ATLUS takes care of my RPG needs with Persona and Growlanser.