What order am I supposed to watch this in...?

For the rest of your otaku life.
wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

What order am I supposed to watch this in...?

#1 Post by wakagana »

So, I'm on episode 13 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

And I'm not sure if I'm supposed to watch The disappearance of Haurhi Suzumiya or if I'm supposed to start season 2...

If anyone has a clue please respond >.> I don't want to start watching something in the wrong order and not understand something that will end up ruining the first-time viewing experience.

: I'm asking here because the youtube comments on the uploaders video's aren't exactly 100% when people are saying either or...

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: What order am I supposed to watch this in...?

#2 Post by Samu-kun »

Season 2 comes before Disappearance. Good luck making it through.

Joshua1207
Regular
Projects: composed for: Sweetest Monster, AIdol, Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet
Organization: Mock Off
Soundcloud: Joshua1207

#3 Post by Joshua1207 »

Samu-kun wrote:Season 2 comes before Disappearance. Good luck making it through.
Yeah, when it comes to the Endless Eight arc only watch the first and last episode of that arc because they are all basically the same. Someone told me that before I watched it and thought they were just screwing with me, but no, I really regret not just skipping to the last episode of that arc.
https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207
My newest hits^

Contact me if you need a composer!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#4 Post by PyTom »

People of sufficient awesomeness can just experience all eight episodes at once.

But yeah, the key to HS Season 2 is knowing what not to watch. Also, it has the problem that it's a sequel to a harem-ish show that ended with the main character picking a winner - and so they have to walk that back before the story can begin. The movie was pretty good, though.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

wakagana
Veteran

#5 Post by wakagana »

I take it the eight episodes have like, no plot and are boring..Or? :t

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#6 Post by Samu-kun »

Don't let us spoil you. You'll find out soon enough.

Joshua1207
Regular
Projects: composed for: Sweetest Monster, AIdol, Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet
Organization: Mock Off
Soundcloud: Joshua1207

#7 Post by Joshua1207 »

wakagana wrote:I take it the eight episodes have like, no plot and are boring..Or? :t
Like I said above they are all basically the same episodes with very little differences. I think it takes until about episode 5 of that arc until there is actually anything new, but you can just skip straight to episode 8 and nothing of value will be lost. Just watch the first and last episode of the arc. If you really want to know watch episode 2 too and then you'll know why we are telling you to skip ahead.
https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207
My newest hits^

Contact me if you need a composer!

wakagana
Veteran

#8 Post by wakagana »

Are the extra episodes cute and or funny? or are they legit just brainwashingly similar to one another with nothing new or anything of relevance happening?

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Victoria Jennings »

wakagana wrote:Are the extra episodes cute and or funny? or are they legit just brainwashingly similar to one another with nothing new or anything of relevance happening?
Pretty much. They're all slightly different, of course, but not worth watching every episode for.

Except for this part, of course.

Duendain
Regular
Completed: A fair few.
Organization: LiU

#10 Post by Duendain »

Okay okay, I like this series for the most part, but I GOT SO LOST in it. Meaning: after the first season where they
were
Transferd to the other world or whatever, and they did come back or whatever
after I saw some of that 8 part episode (or well. I watched 3 episodes) and then I don't know where to go?
what is the second season? Is it dissapearence?

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Showsni »

Duendain wrote:Okay okay, I like this series for the most part, but I GOT SO LOST in it. Meaning: after the first season where they
were
after I saw some of that 8 part episode (or well. I watched 3 episodes) and then I don't know where to go?
Have you tried reading the light novels? They'll not only provide a lot of background information (like explaining what the whole deal with episode 00 is) but they're in a more logical order than the first season (which jumps all over the place, but in a good way. Definitely don't watch it in chronological order!).

The original light novels consist of several full novel length stories which the anime splits up into several episodes, and several short stories which usually take up either a single episode or two. They're not released in chronological order either; and some parts are animated in season one, whereas other parts that might be in between some of those season one episodes are animated in season two. Then the film is the whole fourth light novel.

If you've seen the first season, then you've seen the anime versions of the first light novel, (Melancholy), three of the short stories from the third (Boredom, Mystérique Sign, Remote Island Syndrome), one of the short stories from the fifth (Day of Sagittarius), and two of the short stories from the sixth (Live Alive, Episode 00). Someday in the Rain is an anime exclusive.

The second season consists of the remaining short story from the third (Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody), another short story from the fifth (Endless Eight, told in eight episodes), and the entire second light novel (Sighs, which culminates in making Episode 00). The movie, Disappearance, is then the entire fourth light novel.

Duendain
Regular
Completed: A fair few.
Organization: LiU

#12 Post by Duendain »

Showsni wrote:
Duendain wrote:Okay okay, I like this series for the most part, but I GOT SO LOST in it. Meaning: after the first season where they
were
Have you tried reading the light novels? They'll not only provide a lot of background information (like explaining what the whole deal with episode 00 is) but they're in a more logical order than the first season (which jumps all over the place, but in a good way. Definitely don't watch it in chronological order!).

The original light novels consist of several full novel length stories which the anime splits up into several episodes, and several short stories which usually take up either a single episode or two. They're not released in chronological order either; and some parts are animated in season one, whereas other parts that might be in between some of those season one episodes are animated in season two. Then the film is the whole fourth light novel.

If you've seen the first season, then you've seen the anime versions of the first light novel, (Melancholy), three of the short stories from the third (Boredom, Mystérique Sign, Remote Island Syndrome), one of the short stories from the fifth (Day of Sagittarius), and two of the short stories from the sixth (Live Alive, Episode 00). Someday in the Rain is an anime exclusive.

The second season consists of the remaining short story from the third (Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody), another short story from the fifth (Endless Eight, told in eight episodes), and the entire second light novel (Sighs, which culminates in making Episode 00). The movie, Disappearance, is then the entire fourth light novel.
haha, well this was a handful. Thanks! I will look for the light novels.