How can I make a anime-like Visual Novel or RPG Sim Date?

For the rest of your otaku life.
O☆animeRpg☆O

How can I make a anime-like Visual Novel or RPG Sim Date?

#1 Post by O☆animeRpg☆O »

Hi to all who reads this. I just wanted to ask if how can I make a Visual Novel? You know some anime like stuffs? Like Alistair++? Please tell me if you know how.
I want to be a game maker too. PLEASE? :( :roll:
| 14 YRS OLD | A LOYAL DIRECTIONER |

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: How can I make a anime-like Visual Novel or RPG Sim Date

#2 Post by MaiMai »

... read more around the forums and check out the Ren'Py website: http://www.renpy.org/

I mean, I could write a wall of text about where to start, but you're asking probably the most general and generic question which people are constantly discussing here especially the sum of the parts (art, music, writing, programming etc)

So just read around the forums, that's the best thing I can recommend.

Oh also, having a story idea might be a step in the right direction.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

My first and most important suggestion: do research on what it takes to write any kind of story. If you're still learning about creative writing, then Wikihow has a short but useful article on this topic. You will benefit by reading more resources on creating fiction.

Second, have you experienced a variety of stories in various formats? That could be anything -- prose, movies, comics, theater, games... I know this is general advice. But if you haven't already done so, make sure you experience more than a few stories. In my opinion, this can help you avoid accusations of creating imitations of recent anime-manga series.

After that, then start thinking about the specific challenges of creating a visual novel. (Warning: this is a TVTropes article, and the site can be quite addictive.)

Many people like complex gameplay, but it is difficult to create. Even the best video game creators struggle to make sure their games are not too easy, not too difficult, not too repetitive, and so on. Designing game mechanics which are both easy to understand and reasonably challenging takes a lot of patience and perseverance. In other words... if you're new to creating VNs, then I suggest that you avoid adding simulation or RPG elements to your story. Instead, keep it reasonably simple and short.

O☆animeRpg☆O

#4 Post by O☆animeRpg☆O »

gekiganwing wrote:My first and most important suggestion: do research on what it takes to write any kind of story. If you're still learning about creative writing, then Wikihow has a short but useful article on this topic. You will benefit by reading more resources on creating fiction.

Second, have you experienced a variety of stories in various formats? That could be anything -- prose, movies, comics, theater, games... I know this is general advice. But if you haven't already done so, make sure you experience more than a few stories. In my opinion, this can help you avoid accusations of creating imitations of recent anime-manga series.

After that, then start thinking about the specific challenges of creating a visual novel. (Warning: this is a TVTropes article, and the site can be quite addictive.)

Many people like complex gameplay, but it is difficult to create. Even the best video game creators struggle to make sure their games are not too easy, not too difficult, not too repetitive, and so on. Designing game mechanics which are both easy to understand and reasonably challenging takes a lot of patience and perseverance. In other words... if you're new to creating VNs, then I suggest that you avoid adding simulation or RPG elements to your story. Instead, keep it reasonably simple and short.
It's my first time to make a sim date actually.. well, let me rephrase that. XD. My first time TO TRY to make a sim date. So I'm pretty dumb about this things. :D
| 14 YRS OLD | A LOYAL DIRECTIONER |

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#5 Post by sake-bento »

There's a really hand step-by-step tutorial here: http://www.otome-games.com/index.php/ma ... otome-game