Megami Tensei, anyone?

For the rest of your otaku life.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Megami Tensei, anyone?

#16 Post by LVUER »

Megami Tensei have been my favorite ever since I get my hand on Persona 1 on PSX. Since then, I've played:
- Persona 1, 2, 3, 3FES, 3(PSP), 4, 1&2(PSP).
- Digital Devil Saga 1&2
- Devil Summoner 1&2
- Nocturne
- Devil Survivor 1&2
- Strange Journey

Now... I really want to buy Vita only to play P4Golden. But not now... Vita is still sucks right now, especially the battery life.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran
Projects: Dark Pleasures, Kiss of Blood, Midnight Park
Organization: Black Cat Alleyway

#17 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

Am I the only weirdo that played "If..."?
For those who doesn't know, "If..." is considered to be some sort of starting point for the Persona series.
In the first Persona, you encounter a girl named Tamaki, who is in fact, the female MC of "If..." and tell you about demons as well as a brief mention of her previous school.
Tamaki also appears on P2 (I know her mainly from this one as I haven't played the first Persona)

So, while not directly involved with Persona in terms of plot, If... is an important missing chapter for the series.
Well, at least that's how I see it.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#18 Post by LVUER »

I only know IF after you told me. I read that there's a PSX remake of IF. If it's in English, I really want to play it...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Maelstrom-Fenrir
Regular
Completed: Shadow on the Bridge, Time Labyrinth
Projects: Porcelain Heart, Umbra
Organization: Black Witch Project

#19 Post by Maelstrom-Fenrir »

Having only played P1, P3, P3 FES, P4, P4 Arena, and Nocturne. I feel like I'm still a baby in the Megaten series. I want to play them all. They are so good. If only I would have found them when I was younger, I would have gotten to play more of them.

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran

#20 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

@LVUER:
I played both SNES and PSX versions of "If...". The PSX version is 3D rendered and has much more effects. Sadly the game is still on Japanese.
I got stuck on the SNES in middle of the game or so. Later on PSX I made my way through that stupid part, which was so stupid I couldn't believe it,
only to got stuck on the final dungeon. I can't remember exactly how I got stuck, but it was troublesome enough to bring down my will to play.

Either way, the game was very good. Different to SMT I and II, but at the same time very similar.

EDIT: As a side note, "If..." is the first Megaten title (As far as I know) that let you choose the genre of MC.

whitenenesha
Regular
Projects: White Days / Fragile Hearts

#21 Post by whitenenesha »

@Kuroneko: No, you're not weird to know "If..." by chance. That was awesome game (I kinda play with my ePSXe emulator but it crashed so I didn't bring to play again) but maybe something happens so ATLUS never localize it to US (that happen many times on other Megami Tensei games). Yeah, and Tamaki-chan is in high-school by P1 setting and she's into her work in P2 setting. Same happened to DemiKids series, they never got any attention.

I hope that SMT IV in 3DS will have "If..."s characters on it.

@Maelstrom: Kudos for you, you're not a total baby at all xD it is rare for friends I know that actually play other Persona games, not to mention another MegaTen series.

@LVUER: Well, well. Vita is pretty messed up and has a pretty high price at this moment... /sobs
"Just a lonely story writer."

Fanfiction.net / deviantArt / Twitter
Projects: White Days [KN], Fragile Hearts[VN]

purplefinch

#22 Post by purplefinch »

Oh yeah ... Megami Tensei series, great games.
Shin Megami Tensei for SNES is pure fun.
Think of Fallout except a little less sandbox. But still kind of post apocalyptic lol
By that I mean you can pretty much choose if you're chaotic, neutral, law...

SMT also has a dark atmosphere. If you like persona series, I guarantee you will like SMT I, to an extent is much better. Very, very challenging, and the music is A+ . Gives a great environment while you're playing. (and a lot of random encounters).

I was playing SMT II for awhile, but stopped for now. I must get to it, because I think it's better than SMT I!

SMT If was the start of a 'school' like setting for MT series.

I've played Persona I (psp) as well, it had an interesting story. It was fun. The only thing I didn't like were long random battles lol. I love the character art. So unique.
Haven't played Persona II, and not interested in III (the milk of the series.) especially with it's dating qualities. I'm here to play a rpg dungeon crawler not side dating game ... (Same thing happened with Riviera for the GBA)

I've also played the 'Digital devil story' for the MSX computer (Emulated of course)
What's that ... ? Well... it's very old. It featured the main character, Akemi, from the original DDS novels/anime.
And let me tell you, it sucked. I had to speed it up because it is slow. So go play the NES version LOL.
The MSX was a special computer in Japan by the way, a lot of great games showed up on that nifty computer.

(Kazuma Kaneko is a beast.)

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran

#23 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

I've been willing to play Imagine, but my last experience with MMORPGs was no very good(Hyper addiction)
But on this occasion my Internet time is much more limited. I don't know, I might give it a try after all. Anyone here plays?

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by lepapillonrouge »

I've played Persona 3 Portable and 4, but I played 4 first.

I actually prefer Persona 4's characters more than 3. I think because you're able to learn about them more? Also they're more appealing to me, and also I think 4 is more character driven than 3. Maybe it's just me though. But I love Persona 3's storyline though. And then I read 1 and 2's storyline and became horribly depressed;

I do also agree Atlus is really milking 4 though haha. I'm not complaining by much, though.
deviantART
---------------------

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran

#25 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

Started playing SMT Imagine... Gah, I shouldn't have done this!
I must say it is very good. Thanks goodness my internet connection is crappy enough to prevent me from playing senseless amounts of time.
I anyone is interested in playing just google it X3

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#26 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

I guess I have played nearby all the MegaTens, incl. the "fansubbed" SNES version (never released in the west, because, well, the final boss
is no less than the JHV H, the Abramitic God....
) and of course, no P4G=no vita ;)

so, MegaTen is second only to FF in my favorite franchises :)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Katon
Regular
Completed: Death Rule:lost code (Art), Death Rule: Fear Complex (Art), Amity: One Tale (Art)
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System(Art) , Gene Codex: Genesis
Organization: MESI Games, Corpse Theater
Tumblr: corpsetheater

#27 Post by Katon »

I've played very little games, but they are fun ;u;

Um.. let's see I've played...

Persona 3 & 4 ( I can't play them anymore since my Ps2 is busted.. )
Devil Survivor 1 & 2 ( Yasuda Suzuhito ;u;~~~~)

...Yeah I am ashamed of myself too.

akizakura
Regular
Completed: Adversity Comp 2012
Projects: Everything's Going My Way
Organization: Mitayume

#28 Post by akizakura »

Kuroneko_rg wrote:Started playing SMT Imagine... Gah, I shouldn't have done this!
I must say it is very good. Thanks goodness my internet connection is crappy enough to prevent me from playing senseless amounts of time.
I anyone is interested in playing just google it X3
Ah, I wanted to try Imagine, but I believe it's PC-only. T_T

I was a little late to the SMT series so I'm slowly working my way through. I like Persona 3 and 4 for different reasons. I like the story in 3 better (there were a lot more mysteries and plot build-up that lead to some interesting twists in the end), while I liked Persona 4's cast a lot better. I'm playing Nocturne now and have P2:IS and SMT Strange Journey waiting for me.

Genesislove
Regular

#29 Post by Genesislove »

I've played Strange Journey, the two Devil Survivor games, the two Digital Devil Saga games and the Persona games and I adore all of them.
I also play the MMORPG.

DeeKay
Veteran

#30 Post by DeeKay »

Genesislove wrote:I've played Strange Journey, the two Devil Survivor games, the two Digital Devil Saga games and the Persona games and I adore all of them.
I also play the MMORPG.
Oh, I was wondering about the MMO. Is it fun to play ? And of course, is it worth playing with friends ? ;)
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !