Bizarre Anime Theories (Starting with One Piece)

For the rest of your otaku life.
Weakjounin
Veteran

Bizarre Anime Theories (Starting with One Piece)

#1 Post by Weakjounin »

So, every so often my mind spins out of my control (Usually at 3am or something), and it comes up with some bizarre theory about an anime or manga. I've decided to share these theories with you guys, so you guys can have a little laugh. Don't take any of the following seriously, it's my brain barely functioning at 3am. :D Have fun reading:
One Piece:
The Main Character Monkey D. Luffy, is one of the many pivotal characters who has the middle name D, which is known as the will of D. Every known character so far with the will of D. has been fairly powerful and has shown a common trait, to be carefree and able to fall asleep anywhere any time. Connecting the D initial with the concept sleeping, I conclude the D stands for the verb dormir. To Sleep. It is also said that the Will of D. is greatly connected to the One Piece.
You must think, if my theory is correct, what would the one piece be? A pillow? No.
The One Piece is just that, a One Piece. That's why the title has always been in english. The One Piece is the ultimate pajama, that grants anybody with the will of D. amazing dreams or sleep and as such One Piece is just one big joke about sleeping.
This brings us to the snake lady island. Because we know One Piece is a joke about sleeping, the contents must be a dream. The lady island was full of snakes, and because this must be a dream, we can think of Sigmund Freud. and as such we can deduce that One piece is also a gay joke, or that it's just the representation of sexual desire within the list of things that are represented. (I'll go into this later)
Now how can we trace this dream theory back to the beginning of the comic?
Let's go back to the beginning when Luffy was still a boy. He claimed his dream was to become the king of pirates. Dream. Then to prove to red hair, he cut under his own eye to prove his toughness. In reality this cut started to bleed a lot more than he expected it to and the poor healthcare they had back in the pirate times led him to pass out from blood loss. Things happen and he falls into a coma and begins his dreams of a crazy adventure on the grand line.From there on, every single dream is his subconscious representing a different thing.
Dream Representations:
The first thing was axe hand morgan, He represents Luffy's desire to be free which manifested in the form of Helmeppo (or whatever he was called)
Buggy is a representation of his shattered state, because his mind is no longer controlling his body (since he's in a coma)
Arlong is a representation of his fear, (as he could not swim when he was younger)
Claw guy is a representation of the chores he had to do when he was in village (this is his mind telling him to wake up and return to the village)
Then Meeting Sanji on the chef boat is a representation of his body clearing stating that it needs nutrition (because back then they didn't have iv drips)
But everything is his mind slowly representing things and trying to wake him up
Fishman island is a repeat of his fear, but this time it's completely under water because the threat on his life is getting more imminent in real life (so his body is failing and his mind is subconsciously telling him he's dying)
Snake Lady Island is probably he sexual desire as stated earlier.
The prison is a representation of his mind being literally trapped within his body. His own body is a prison, and he mind is trying to break free.
Punk hazard represents the bacterial battle going on in his body. Like a fever, when your body raises it's temperature to fight off bacteria (a fever) and as such you feel cold. This could be the bacterial infection due to his wound from under his eye
------------
And that's my crazy theory for One Piece :D

Onepeicefan1992

Re: Bizarre Anime Theories (Starting with One Piece)

#2 Post by Onepeicefan1992 »

HAH that cracked me up! i agree with you're theory even if it is a little bizarre. i am suprised that ther is no one peice visual games on this website.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Bizarre Anime Theories (Starting with One Piece)

#3 Post by Taleweaver »

Onepeicefan1992 wrote: i am suprised that ther is no one peice visual games on this website.
You could always make one...

OP: Another bizarre anime theory: The world in Serial Experiments Lain is actually inside a computer, and all people are just simulations. This is why Lain can become a god if she has the right protocols to interface with her world. Also, the anime suggests that OUR world is inside a computer too. We just haven't figured out how to hack it.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira