Nodame Cantabile

For the rest of your otaku life.
yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

Nodame Cantabile

#1 Post by yummy »

It is a story starring Chiaki, a music genius who loves classical music and aims to be a conductor.
He meets Noda Megumi, self proclaimed Nodame, who is a really messy girl (and when I mean messy, it really is, like an open trash depot).
But Nodame has a gift and she's really good with the piano. Chiaki is drawn to her and they end up training together on a tune.

The show immediately reminded me of Honey and Clover (Hachimitsu & Clover for the purists) with its cascade of hilarious situations. You won't be deceived, I've practically choked in the middle of the first episode.

So, is anyone watching this?

GLACIER
Regular

#2 Post by GLACIER »

Yeah, I watched the first two episodes. It's being directed by the same guy who handled Honey and Clover (same target audience and production studio), hence the similarities.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#3 Post by lordcloudx »

cool! I'm gonna watch this as soon as it's completed
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#4 Post by dizzcity »

Watched the first episode, read the manga as far as it was scanlated, and had a glance at a couple of episodes of the live drama series too. It's looking good. :) I can't wait for the "S" orchestra to put on their first performance!

-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

mokenju1
Regular

#5 Post by mokenju1 »

Gyabo!

I loved that dorama :D . It's a shame that the possibility of a second season is rather low :roll: ( I doubt they have so much budget, filming in Europe would be very expensive).

Cazel
Regular

#6 Post by Cazel »

Del Rey is releasing the manga, right? Looks like they are up through volume 8.

Nomad

Re: Nodame Cantabile

#7 Post by Nomad »

yummy wrote: So, is anyone watching this?
Up to episode 6 so far. This is a great series IMO and I've also come close to choking during several episodes as well.
It'll be interesting to see how/if Chiaki conducts the S Orchestra next episode. From what's seen so far, he's been having difficulties to say the least.