Nahhhh. u_u
36%
Ummmm....WHAT c_c
29%

Total votes: 14

Ascii Kirby

Bishie Power!

#1 Post by Ascii Kirby »

I've been thinking about all the bishounen in anime and video games. Especially the super-powerful ones. What makes 'em all so strong?

Duh! White (and near-white) hair! I mean, there's countless examples. Kunzite, Inuyasha, Sephiroth, Magus, Riku...the list goes on. As for my justification, I offer you this: have you ever seen Sephiroth not be super-powerful? No? Well, have you ever seen him not have white hair? Inuyasha is another prime example, as his white hair reverts to black in powerless human form. However, that raises the possibility that perhaps kitty ears or fangs are the source of bishie power... :|

Jerails
Veteran

#2 Post by Jerails »

Actually, to be honest, I think white hair is just the stereotype for semi-omnipotent mortals working towards a usually selfish goal...

Sephiroth, though an obvious bad-ass, strives to achieve the goal of becoming one with the planet, therefore turning him into a god.

Inuyasha, again, obvious bad-ass, his original intent is to use the power of that funky jewel thing to become a full-blooded demon. Don't try to include the fact that he eventually falls in love and is coaxed into using the jewel to become completely human, that's because he's a protagonist.(sp)

Ansem...Well, c'mon. Obvious bad-ass again, and he's hoping to achieve a state of complete and total darkness using the power of the Heartless.

I wanna go on, but it should be obvious what the stereotype is.
It's been a while, folks!

Grey
Veteran

#3 Post by Grey »

Magus has purpley-mauve hair...

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#4 Post by Sai »

Yeah he does have purpley hair, if were talking sbout Magus from Magic Knights Rayearth. He's cool~

There's also (I think his hair is both black and white at the same time, the black is at the back of his head... been awhile since I read my Fruits Basket manga):
http://www.absoluteanime.com/fruits_basket/haru.htm

His good side is called the "White Side" and his bad side is called the "Black Side"
So really it varies and all depends on the character involved as to what colour relates to what personality

Grey
Veteran

#5 Post by Grey »

heh, I was talking about Magus from Chrono Trigger, as he's written next to Sephiroth and Riku.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#6 Post by Sai »

Oh yeah, I'm thinking of Clef, doh x_o

Ecchi Tiff
Regular

#7 Post by Ecchi Tiff »

Jerails wrote:Actually, to be honest, I think white hair is just the stereotype for semi-omnipotent mortals working towards a usually selfish goal...
Folken from Escaflowne (both TV and movie versions, although the TV version's hair was a bit more on the blueish side) - I wouldn't really call him powerful persay (except at the end of the movie), but he definitely was on the selfish-potent-mortal side. The more "powerful" bishies from Esca had black (Van Fanel) and blond (Allen Schezar) hair. Then again, they also didn't have the mullet Folken sported :D

And then from the recent Gundam SEED, the most powerful bishie pilots were brown and black haired. The only white-haired pilot wasn't all that great (I seem to recall his kiester getting handed to him on several occasions).

Maybe the bishounen I'm familiar with (mecha bishounen) are just different from most other genres. I've never seen Inuyasha, played an FF game, or heard of the other ones except for CT Magus.
Kyra: "You can kiss my acetabulum!"
Lord Pathos: "Hmm, tempting offer, coming from a cute girl like you."
Kyra: "Ug, I think I'm gonna be sick. Tom, let's get this quy, quick!"

Tyler
Regular

#8 Post by Tyler »

Inuyasha has silver hair :D