J-Fashion (Lolita, Gyaru, Fairy-kei, etc.)

For the rest of your otaku life.
Poly
Projects: Have You Seen the Light?

J-Fashion (Lolita, Gyaru, Fairy-kei, etc.)

#1 Post by Poly »

Hey! I was wondering if there are any fellow fans of J-Fashion here?

My personal favourite is Lolita fashion, I've been dressing in it/collecting clothing for nearly four years, but recently I've been getting a little more into otome style. My style is mainly Sweet Loli with a bit of Classic thrown in - Innocent World and Metamorphose are my favourites, and I'm hoping to bring it into my VN a little bit as a character's hobby.

Whether it's Lolita (Lemma-Lolitas?) or gyaru or fairy-kei, or even something quite new like cult party-kei, I'd really love to see outfits and discuss with fellow fans! Do you ever go to meets? Does it ever come up in your VN creations? ^^
When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead,
you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
- Unknown

9-of-Hearts
Regular

Re: J-Fashion (Lolita, Gyaru, Fairy-kei, etc.)

#2 Post by 9-of-Hearts »

J-fashion, eh?

No one here likes visual kei, probably, but oh well~ I love it.
More like, I love seeing it on guys. I want an outfit myself, for con-wear or something, but I don't have one.
But yeah, guys in J-fashion like visual kei, oshare kei, or even casual J-fashion = <3

x.x I'm not fashionable, so.... yeah. But the fashion is really cute (I can't get enough of seeing it), but I'd never wear loli or gyaru or fairy-kei myself. Ever.

.....Sorry ^^;; My views don't exactly align with the point of this thread, I just realized.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#3 Post by teacup »

9-of-Hearts wrote:J-fashion, eh?

No one here likes visual kei, probably, but oh well~ I love it.
More like, I love seeing it on guys. I want an outfit myself, for con-wear or something, but I don't have one.
But yeah, guys in J-fashion like visual kei, oshare kei, or even casual J-fashion = <3

x.x I'm not fashionable, so.... yeah. But the fashion is really cute (I can't get enough of seeing it), but I'd never wear loli or gyaru or fairy-kei myself. Ever.

.....Sorry ^^;; My views don't exactly align with the point of this thread, I just realized.
I used to be a huge visual kei fan. I'm not so into it anymore but every once in a while i find myself interested in it again. for me it's easy to get obsessed with so I try to avoid getting too involved ^^;
I'm not really fashionable either and I can't afford to dress in any Japanese fashion, but I really am interested in the mori girl style.
I'd like to try it if I could pull it off, but I don't put that much effort into my outfits >_<;
I look to a lot of Japanese fashion for the designs of my visual novel characters, actually c:

Poly

#4 Post by Poly »

9-of-Hearts wrote: .....Sorry ^^;; My views don't exactly align with the point of this thread, I just realized.
No, no, people who just love the fashion are more than welcome to discuss too, ehe ^_~

Mori girl is very lovely, I'd love to give it a proper shot one day when my natural hair is a bit longer :D
- Unknown

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#5 Post by Sapphi »

If I had the money, I would definitely wear a lot of what they call "Military Lolita". Stuff like this.

I don't have that money though... so I mostly shop at thrift stores and wear a lot of retro-style jumpers with white socks and saddle shoes. You could call it "Cheap 1970s Lolita"... :lol:

I have a few actual military pieces I like to wear, though... my jacket is a German military jacket and my bag is a Russian medic's bag. ^_^
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Zylinder
Veteran

#6 Post by Zylinder »

I don't know fashion well enough to know its actual name, but I'm very partial to a particular style of j-fashion with all the white-net tops and long loose dresses and floppy beach hats. When it comes to Lolita stuff, I prefer simpler ones (like the Military Lolita style Sapphi mentioned and Chinese Lolitas) to the ones with the 60-pound lace. Still very nice eye candy though. C:

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#7 Post by clua »

::A:: I would totally love to dress with mori style!!! But It defies my environment lol.
I find lolita nice to watch, and I would like to own a dress but not for me to wear(Is that strange?)
Those dresses are so cute :_:
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Surufe
Regular
Projects: [secret]
Organization: t-a-s-t-e Inc.

#8 Post by Surufe »

*cough* I tried Prince Style once and my J-boyfriend said that if I wore that again he will dressing like a lolita doll I want to see that People call me fashionable. I'm dressing casual lolita most of time to pressure someone *point point*
New Account - Rye
I'm no longer using this account.

LittleAngel

#9 Post by LittleAngel »

I happen to really like all lolita. Although i'll only wear the darker stuff because bright colors look awful on me. I try really hard to stay away from bright colored clothes.

Vialixia
Regular

#10 Post by Vialixia »

I am a huge fan of Lolita fashion! I'll be returning to Japan in a few weeks to buy moar clothes <3 Haha.

I attached one of my favourite dresses, it's AP Melty Chocolate. I also love cosplay but it's not really J-fashion. ^-^; Would love to see some other Loli's! (Oh and put my dress collection as well >.<)
Attachments
487548_10152513931605125_588646555_n.jpg
404924_10151110076280125_1303946016_n.jpg

Poly

#11 Post by Poly »

Vialixia, you look awesome!! Melty Chocolate is a kickbutt print :)
- Unknown

Vialixia
Regular

#12 Post by Vialixia »

Thanks so much!! It's one of my favs! Had to save up forever >.< I really like Gyaru too but it seems harder to pull off~

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#13 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

When I'm not wrestling bears and doing weights, I like to hang around in my favourite stores, which include Metamorphous, Closet Child, and Baby The Stars Shine Bright.
I guess you'll notice a gothic Lolita theme there.
I'm giddy waiting for the next round of lucky bags to go on sale at Baby. It's like an adventure every time to see what I get. Then I can trade items with my bros.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Nisa-chan666
Regular

#14 Post by Nisa-chan666 »

I would love to get into Lolita more, but I think I might be a bit too boyish looking :oops: I would love to try some Wa-Loli someday though.

In terms of stuff I do wear, I have a 50s dress that I adore (and probably don't fit anymore now that I think about it). I'd have more vintage stuff if I had the money.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by try10 »

Lolita,Gothic lolita and Visual key are my favourite, but unfortunately here we can't find these kind of clothes. Even if I want to buy a dress online the prices are wayyyy too much ( with the shipping taxes and stuff), so I can only watch them from afar.
I want to live in another country... :(