CLANNAD TV

For the rest of your otaku life.
yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

CLANNAD TV

#1 Post by yummy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:10 pm

To those who liked the Kanon remake from Kyoani, rejoice !

CLANNAD has been announced officially as a new series planned for the 5th October.

Kyoto Animation revisits once again one of Key/Visual arts chef d'oeuvres.
There's a short preview available there where you can watch the incredible foot technique of Tomoyo or the straw technique from Fuuko... :D
In the meantime you can wait for the movie made by Toei Animation, available this summer, althought I suggest you waited for the Kyoani version because it seems better.

Short synopsis for non japanese readers
BS-i Site (Clannad TV)
Toei Site (Movie)
TV Series Preview
Movie Trailer
-------------
Clannad PC game Opening
Tomoyo After OP
Last edited by yummy on Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: CLANNAD TV

#2 Post by yummy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:16 am

Yay ! After waiting for such a long time, finally, the anime is about to begin !

Here are the OP and the ED.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#3 Post by lordcloudx » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:58 am

No more waiting! Clannad TV is here. :twisted:
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Dizzy Gear

#4 Post by Dizzy Gear » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:43 pm

Oh yeah! I can't wait to get my hands on both the RAWs and compare translations of the groups. It most definitely follows in Key's footsteps with having sardonic protagonists and emotionally moving plots. =3 *shakes* I want to watch episode 2 so bad!!!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by DaFool » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:51 am

Sorry to the Key fanboys, but I actually prefer Kimikiss -- the girls are way spunkier, and they have a more feminine shoujo / Marimite character design.

Still, I love the opening and the masterful Kyonani cinematography.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by yummy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:55 am

Indeed, the character design is quite different, but I think that scenario-wise, kimikiss and clannad don't focus on the same thing.
kimikiss is focusing much more on the evolving character relationship between the hero and his childhood friend, whereas clannad focuses on the definition of friendship and love relationships, with a little touch of drama and fantasy.
Well I still love a lot clannad, not only because it's made by key, but also because it's one of the few games that made me spill tears like a maiden, whereas kimikiss would be painful because of the rising tent in my pants :p (I recommend you to read the manga, it's really good)

MoonlightBomber
Regular
Completed: Gravure: A Super Network Wars Prelude
Tumblr: moonlightbomber
Deviantart: moonlightbomber

#7 Post by MoonlightBomber » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:02 pm

To yummy:

The Japanese have an informal term for Key's games: nekige (crying game).
Korina Sanchez: Ex-sensei Mel, we've met again.
Mel Tiangco: I'm expecting this from my former student.
Korina Sanchez: I know all along the reason for your presence.
Mel Tiangco: Of course. Your hairbrush.
Korina Sanchez: Snatch it again? Well, you're mistaken. It's because my hairbrush's container is packed with security features. What's your say?
Mel Tiangco: If you can do security... (pause) then 120% of my strength will shatter it!

Excerpt from Super Network Wars Omega: Suikoden Pilipinas

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#8 Post by Hime » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:35 am

MoonlightBomber wrote:To yummy:

The Japanese have an informal term for Key's games: nekige (crying game).
Wasn't it "nakige"?
(From the verb naku, cry)

Emmyriceball

#9 Post by Emmyriceball » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:14 pm

I'm so happy Clannad TV is here. I've been waiting for it ever since it was announced back in March.

I've already fell in love with Tomoyo. x3

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by lordcloudx » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:05 pm

So... nothing much is happening in episode 3. It seems to be developing at the same pace as Kanon. I have no idea about the story from the original game (which I think is good in a way. No spoilers for me!) but it seems that this anime is building up for some really emotional scenes later on.

And wow! The animation quality for that scene before the opening sequence was amazing.

For some reason, I really like the ending song. The song sounds childish but I'm hoping that it will have some deeper meaning. The melody just sounds a bit too sad for the lyrics.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by yummy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:14 pm

Actually so far, the anime story matches the game story line. It's just that even one day in the game requires a lot of episodes to render what's happening. The studio added lots of details normally written in the game without being shown, but there are also nice effects added.

The animation scene you mentioned is nearly fully in 3D. It's really nicely done and I was as pleased as you. Plus, these scenes have a really deep meaning later...

I got to see the two characters I adore in this series: Tomoyo and Fuuko.
You've already seen their "special moves": Tomoyo's multi-kick combo and Fuuko's instant dreamland gaze.

Don't dare think it'll stop there :D

Despite being fan of the game version, I didn't played all story arcs, so I'm becoming impatient about the other characters.

Also, the ending song theme is sung on the original theme of Nagisa. It's a nostalgic and soothing song. I don't really feel it's sad, but maybe you found it that way because it ended quite abruptly in the anime ending theme.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by lordcloudx » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:35 am

Nostalgic. Yeah, that's a more accurate way to describe it. So that's Nagisa's theme. I just know that it's the same melody used in the narration at the beginning of episode 1. And yeah, it must be because it ends abruptly that I find it sad, but then again, I'm the sort of person who tends to associate feelings of nostalgia with sadness.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by lordcloudx » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:07 pm

Just finished watching episode 9. So, this is the end of Fuuko's arc? Not too bad. I think they pulled off the drama quite well (a little bit too much use of deus ex machina for my taste). The story seems a bit underdeveloped at this point, but we're barely halfway through the series anyway.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#14 Post by Samu-kun » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:16 pm

WHAT-

Episode 9's been released!?

*runs out to get it*

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by yummy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:54 pm

Now we're about to enter fully into Ichinose Kotomi's arc. I thought back then that her story path was kind of boring, because I don't really like girls that are childish, but she's very mysterious... Time to replay the game maybe? :)
Also, we might be starting to see Kyou's true self, which I love a lot (after Tomoyo, of course).

I'm perplex again. It's not that the plot is not interesting, but somehow I feel like there's something lacking from the previous kyoani series. I personally find that the anime adaption is less funny than its VN counterpart. Sunohara is way dumbier in the VN, for example.
What do you think about the series so far (even if you didn't play the game)?