Recommend some K & J drama

For the rest of your otaku life.
Hae Young

Re: Recommend some K & J drama

#16 Post by Hae Young »

@try10: For Korean Dramas, besides the ones mentioned above (My GF is a Gumiho, Full House I [I'm sorry that have to disagree with you here ><], Fantasy Couple, A Love to Kill) I would reccomend Bad Love (one of the few more thaan 16 episodes K Doramas taht I didn't drop... First because of Kim SUng Soo then because the story was so intense), Miss Ripley (thought this is more about intrigues than love, still I found it to be very interesting, especially the main character, Miri, who has a difficult family background does many things just to become someone more accepted in society), Sang Doo, Let's Go To School (it has Bi Rain. Oh, and the story is quite nice, thought there sometimes is more chemistry between Bi Rain and his rival than between Bi Rain and the girl, but whatever...)
Do you, by chance, have an account at mydramalist.com?

Ah, and to Duskylli:
If you don't mind girls beating up each other, watch Majisuka Gakuen! It has all the AKB members in it *-* Oh, but for me there was too much beating up, so I can't really say that I reccomend it, just that I know some people who have enjoyed it~

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by try10 »

[quote="Hae Young"]@try10: For Korean Dramas, besides the ones mentioned above (My GF is a Gumiho, Full House I [I'm sorry that have to disagree with you here ><], Fantasy Couple, A Love to Kill) I would reccomend Bad Love (one of the few more thaan 16 episodes K Doramas taht I didn't drop... First because of Kim SUng Soo then because the story was so intense), Miss Ripley (thought this is more about intrigues than love, still I found it to be very interesting, especially the main character, Miri, who has a difficult family background does many things just to become someone more accepted in society), Sang Doo, Let's Go To School (it has Bi Rain. Oh, and the story is quite nice, thought there sometimes is more chemistry between Bi Rain and his rival than between Bi Rain and the girl, but whatever...)
Do you, by chance, have an account at mydramalist.com?

Nope, I don't have an account there. Some of the dramas you mentioned seem interesting. I'll try watching them after I finish Level 7 Civil Servant and another one that I've just finished downloading called That Winter the Wind Blows ( I loved the korean movie with Moon Geun Young), so I 100% sure that I'm going to enjoy this drama.

Hae Young

#18 Post by Hae Young »

Ah, I startet watching "That Winter The Wind Blows" too. I like Kim Bum a lot, but in this Drama, he is beaten up so often T-T
I have to continue watching it, I guess ^__^

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#19 Post by Duskylli »

@dramspringfeald-that is interesting how the story doesn't vary much between tribes it makes it believable like it really could've happened a long time ago. Did also they mention why the fox god wants to be human? Did you find the book? I only have the internet which isn't really reliable. Would be nice to travel and hear the myths from locals....

@try10- Sorry I think you've seen all of the K drama that I would recommend xD Good luck with your future studies.

@enta- I'm curious about Goong after reading what you wrote on DA xD Iljimae sounds interesting too but I don't have time to watch them :(

@Hae Young- Welcome to LSF! Thanks for the diverse list of J dramas. I think I'll take a break from people beating each other up though.

@CainVoorhees-hahaha thats a lot of justice! I guess I overlooked Kamen Rider coz it reminded me of Power Rangers the american version which was on tv when I was a kid. I just remember thinking it was wierd with annoying acting and terrible fight scenes.

CainVoorhees
Regular
Soundcloud: peterjiangvo

#20 Post by CainVoorhees »

Duskylli wrote:@CainVoorhees-hahaha thats a lot of justice! I guess I overlooked Kamen Rider coz it reminded me of Power Rangers the american version which was on tv when I was a kid. I just remember thinking it was wierd with annoying acting and terrible fight scenes.
Most of us native English speakers can't tell the difference between good acting and bad acting in Japanese shows. >_>

Kamen Rider is more focused towards an older demographic of young males. The older series of the Heisei era tended to be a lot darker, but they lightened up in tone as the years progressed. They usually have good looking actors and have really cool music as to try to include a wider audience. The actor for Kamen Rider Den-O was most recently seen as Kenshin in the live action Rurouni Kenshin movie (but won't do anything in association w/ Kamen Rider for some reason nowadays). Gackt was featured in one of Kamen Rider Decade's movies and even does the opening theme to that series (though Decade isn't really up to par, especially for an anniversary series).

The coolest part is that if you're into Kamen Rider enough (like dropping serious dollars serious), you might even be convinced to buy some of the toys they make that they use in the show. I am a proud owner of two Kamen Rider belts and will be getting a third one this year. When I bring them to cons, most people don't recognize them but the people who do make it seem like we're part of this secret club or something. :)

A little bit off-topic: When it comes to Power Rangers, you can pretty much say that with most of the franchise. The only arguable exception is Power Rangers RPM, which is in my opinion, the best Power Rangers series. The acting is actually decent for the most part and when you consider what the source material was, the American adaptation blew the source material out of the water. It's basically Terminator Salvation but with Power Rangers - eradicated humanity from a virus, last city standing. The source material was actually much more comedic and lighthearted, but they managed to successfully make the adaptation darker and more badass (unlike Turbo...). Since it was supposed to be the last Power Rangers series, they really went out on it.

A second best would arguably be Power Rangers Time Force, acting is not as good but the writing is pretty good. It's the first time we see a female leader on a Power Ranger team (pink, but most awesome pink) plus it features Dan Southworth, one of my favorite stuntmen/actors, as the Quantum Ranger. Dan is best known for this role and the voicing+motion capture for Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 + U.Marvel vs. Capcom 3, making him one of the most badass guys I ever saw in the industry.

Cinto
Regular
Tumblr: geckcellent.tumblr.com

#21 Post by Cinto »

Do you still need suggestions? If so, I can suggest a short J-drama that I...*cough* ahem LOVE LOVE LOVE so far even if it's weird as heck and has a lot of anime editing techniques and stuff that doesn't look right in real life, etc.

It's called Princess Princess D, and no it's not about princesses...sort of... it's about an all-guys high school and their weird school tradition.
There's apparently a manga and an anime of it as well. Haven't seen it yet though.

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

#22 Post by enta »

Duskylli wrote: @enta- I'm curious about Goong after reading what you wrote on DA xD Iljimae sounds interesting too but I don't have time to watch them :(
Did I write something about goong in DA? O.O *searches* Ooh well, it's really a recommended drama. I love it's manhwa too but I recommend the drama's ending better.

I love Iljimae(or rather the main actor, Lee Jun Ki). After he came back from his military duties, he doesn't look like the cute Jun Ki anymore but I still love him. You should also try to check out his new drama(which is a historical drama again).

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#23 Post by Laniessa »

I'm not a huge fan of KDrama, but with all my friends watching them, I guess I know a few!
The Invisible Man, a drama from 2006. My mind is foggy with the details, but it made me cry so much.
If you don't mind sitcoms (...ultra-long sitcoms), I really enjoyed Unstoppable High Kick. Which made me cry. Too much.
I second 49 Days, although I found the acting underwhelming, to be honest. The plot is honest, although the twists are kinda predictable.
(And a rather straight version of a romcom is The Greatest Love! Just having a shoutout because it's pretty solid and heartwarming and my uncle acted in it.)

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#24 Post by Duskylli »

@CainVoorhees- Hey I've seen live action Rurouni Kenshin movie. The main was really cool, such a huge contrast the his character in Beck. I didn't realise it was the same person. I don't want to overdose on justice but I might try a few eps of Den-O. I really want to watch the break dancing episode xD. Thanks for all of the info!

@Cinto- Hey it has the same actor that CainVoorhees was talking about. He's also in two dramas mentioned by enta and try10. Whelp if he's cross dressing in Princess Princess-D I guess he play anything. Is he really popular?

@enta- *searches Lee Jun Ki* soooo pretty xD

@Laniessa- is it weird seeing your uncle act? Thanks for the recommendations!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by try10 »

I finished watching That Winter the Wind Blows and I have to say that it was EPIC! Korean drama lovers should watch it! Now, I've seen a few episodes of Hwang Jin Yi and I'm in love. From what I've seen this historical drama is based on real facts. http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/hwang-jin-yi/ After I finish this, I plan to watch Protect the Boss and Personal Taste. If there are and korean drama addicts here, like me :oops: please, recommend me some good ones that I haven't seen yet. I want to watch as many as I can until I go to college. :D

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

#26 Post by enta »

I just watched a korean drama titled "49 days". If you want something to make you cry、I certainly recommend this :]

suzuaki
Regular
Completed: Violet White Hill

#27 Post by suzuaki »

whoa, there sure are a lot of amazing J and K drama listed here.

I just watched That Winter The Wind Blows-- it was really awesome!
There are a lot of nice J and K drama I would like to offer, but it seems that others already said it.
well anyway, the other Kdrama which I liked is Innocent Man, Werewolf Boy, and Rooftop Prince <3

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by try10 »

suzuaki wrote:whoa, there sure are a lot of amazing J and K drama listed here.

I just watched That Winter The Wind Blows-- it was really awesome!
There are a lot of nice J and K drama I would like to offer, but it seems that others already said it.
well anyway, the other Kdrama which I liked is Innocent Man, Werewolf Boy, and Rooftop Prince <3

:D

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

#29 Post by Talann »

If I'm honest with you, I am a huge fan of K dramas.
Also, I haven't watched anymore drama since ages because I just cry too much when it comes to things like that (which is veryyyy unhealthy) XD
But yeah, some are very emotional (or maybe I'm just a cry baby)
Enjoy! c:

Here are some that I have enjoyed (mostly romance, btw):

Full house take 2
To the beautiful you
My girlfriend is a gumiho
You're beautiful
Boys over flowers
heartstrings
personal taste
flower boy next door
city hunter
playful kiss
coffee prince
the woman who still wants to marry
winter sonata
dream high
love rain
Mary Stayed Out All Night
Protect the Boss
Flower Boy Ramen Shop
My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox
lets watch meteor shower together

And here are some anime that I enjoyed watching:

Fruits Basket
ouran highschool host club
The melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
Special A
Azumanga Daioh
Kare Kano
Skip Beat!
Higashi no Eden
Bakemonogatari
Clannad
Kanon
TORADORA!
Zero no Tsukaima
Itazura na Kiss
Yumeiro Patissiere
Angel Beats
MIRACLE TRAIN
La corda D'oro
Seikon no Qwaser
School Rumble
My wife is a highschool girl
Love Hina
Maid Sama
Ouran Highschool Host Club

That's all I can think of for now ;-;
Last edited by Talann on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pencey
Regular

#30 Post by Pencey »

Reply 1997 is a really good k-drama. i don't watch dramas often cause I think they're too cheesy but idk this was actually interesting enough for me to finish.