What to Read?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Mmy-sama

#16 Post by Mmy-sama »

Kare Kano is a classic. Its a great manga, and the anime may actually be better (the only time I prefered an anime over its manga). Its my personaly favorite but I read many others. Shoujo is what I read the most of.

As for bookstores, when I was younger I used to loiter there for hours reading manga. For some reason no staff people ever complained or even recognized me (although I started to recognize some of them). I used to live a block away from a large bookstore so I practically lived there. Loitering in bookstores, one of the many joys in life....

Piroshiki
Regular

#17 Post by Piroshiki »

In addition to what has been said, I'll suggest...
-Mars
-Marmalade Boy (and just about anything else by Yoshizumi Wataru)

Sai: Uwaah?! They sell G's Magazine where you live? I wish I didn't have to pay something like 180$ a year to get it...
I'm not a meat bun ~nya

Mmy-sama

#18 Post by Mmy-sama »

...Theres this place by where I live that sells G's magazine among other things. I bought an issue once (even though I can't read Japanese). Maybe if any of you are in the chicago area, you can ask me where it is and maybe go.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#19 Post by Sai »

It should be pretty easy to get if the shop near me sells it. Considering shops here in the UK doesn't even sell posters or music or any of the other piles of stuff America gets =\ And there's no such thing as a dedicated anime store here, not that I've seen anyway.

It's probably published in America (I don't know for sure) but the shop near me orders their stock from a magazine called Previews. Anyone can order from it though.

I also looked online once and there's places you can order them from and get yearly subscriptions but I don't know how the price compares.

But $180 a year is only $15 a month. Which is almost the exact same amount as I pay (when converted to pounds) ^^;;

I can't read Japanese but I buy Japanese magazines for the artwork. My excuse is I'm an artist, so I like to appreciate artwork ^^

Piroshiki
Regular

#20 Post by Piroshiki »

What I meant was that I'd like to be able to walk into a store, look at it, and buy it if there's something interesting in it rather than paying 180$ a year to get all of the issues, even those I don't particularly want. Which has absolutely no chance of happening, being that I live in a place where bishoujo games are virtually unheard of, even among anime fans. So far, I haven't seen *anything* related to them, even in our only anime/manga dedicated stores v.v;;

*sigh* Go Quebec ;p
I'm not a meat bun ~nya

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#21 Post by Sai »

Well, I admit I was surprised to see it there on the shelf the first time. Considering bishoujo games really are non-existant here... America at least has stuff like the Hirameki games etc. floating around. But those weren't released in England. Nor anything else.
But that's what importing is for (of course you do have to try and be careful of import taxes though -_- ).
I guess it's just the fact that it was 'new' in the order catalogue and they thought they'd try it out.

TheOnlyOneKunobi
Regular
Location: The Call is Coming From Inisde the House....... In England

#22 Post by TheOnlyOneKunobi »

Heck any thing from CLAMP will suit your needs, but I highly recommend Fruits Baskets, Thoru's so sweet she gave me diabites! It's very romantic/funny/mystical and while I won't spoil too much of the story it's about a modern day family with an ancient curse related to the chinese zodiac, Thoru (the main character and quite possible the cutest "girl next door" character ever!) acciedently finds out about the curse and gets swept up in the story. It's fantasic
"God and Buddah, if you really do exist please know ........................ YOU ARE BOTH MY ENEMY!"
- Excel Excel

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

reather

#23 Post by lina inverse »

i reather read slayers TRY and slayers NEXT their r funny
red hair
not tall
very cute

money, boys, sex, games, sport and shoping is all

Warren-kun
Regular

#24 Post by Warren-kun »

Anyone of these:

Naruto, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Ninja High School, DearS, Love Hina, Record of Loddoss war, or Rebirth. Those are some of my favorites.

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

#25 Post by lina inverse »

Warren-kun wrote:Anyone of these:

Naruto, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Ninja High School, DearS, Love Hina, Record of Loddoss war, or Rebirth. Those are some of my favorites.

oh yes i read love hina and oh my goddes
red hair
not tall
very cute

Warren-kun
Regular

#26 Post by Warren-kun »

lina inverse wrote:

Yeah? You should try DearS then. Its funny. It has a good story too.

lina inverse
Regular

#27 Post by lina inverse »

Warren-kun wrote:
lina inverse wrote:

Yeah? You should try DearS then. Its funny. It has a good story too.
never heard of it
red hair
not tall
very cute

lina inverse
Regular

u evver heard of

#28 Post by lina inverse »

u evver readed mizuiro
red hair
not tall
very cute

Warren-kun
Regular

Re: u evver heard of

#29 Post by Warren-kun »

lina inverse wrote:u evver readed mizuiro
No. Whats it about?

lina inverse
Regular

Re: u evver heard of

#30 Post by lina inverse »

Warren-kun wrote:
lina inverse wrote:u evver readed mizuiro
No. Whats it about?
its a comedy and romance in 1 and really funny
red hair
not tall
very cute