Harvest Moon Games

For the rest of your otaku life.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Re: Harvest Moon Games

#31 Post by Fenrir34 »

hiko27 wrote:There's only one that I've played and will only play and that is Back to Nature. Ahhhh, my PSone years =u=

Now THAT game was addicting. I was so addicted to it that when my little bro broke our PSone somehow, I tried fixing it and it worked. Sadly, he broke it again. I just wanna punch him =n=

I don't know about the other Harvest Moon games (I've seen the one on the PS2 though and tbh, that one was lame in comparison to BTN for me) but BTN was awesome. I didn't actually care about the graphics; it was more about the gameplay and everything for me. But sad to say that when I bought BTN for the PS3 and played it, yeah, I played it for a while but I got bored eventually cause I can't use Gameshark for some things *coughupgradingmyhousecough* =n=
Back to nature is a really fun game. Graphics a little 'fuzzy' but still a fun game. In fact it's one of the best. Only problem is after a while, the game get's a little boring, escpially after wooing the girls and then getting married. Still love it though :D

Foxsai

#32 Post by Foxsai »

There's a kind-of sort-of Harvest Moon game being developed by PC, it seems relevant to link it here. :P It's Stardew Valley, the website has some nice pictures / videos up of the development process.

http://i5.minus.com/ib2CTVXoT1j0DH.png

http://www.StardewValley.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFF-eBrzusM

PancakesofDoom
Projects: Summer Wishes
Organization: Little Orchid Studios

#33 Post by PancakesofDoom »

The first Harvest Moon I played was Friends of Mineral Town! I remember getting really excited when I got More Friends of Mineral Town because you could play as a girl and there were more things to do. And not to mention you could date the boys now and I had a huge thing for Gray and Cliff haha.

Honestly ever since I played FoMT, I've fallen in love with the series. It's very easygoing and I guess you could say it was my first time experiencing otome game like elements lol. I think my favorites have to be FoMT/MFoMT, Animal Parade, and A New Beginning.

The ones I didn't really like were Island of Happiness and Tale of Two Towns :/ IoH was kind of fun at first, but I couldn't stand the controls and I got bored after a while. Same thing with ToTT. I pretty much stopped playing after I married Cam xD Although the music in Konoha town was catchy.

SupesuKauboi

#34 Post by SupesuKauboi »

Oh, jeez. I had a Harvest Moon obsession as a kid. I picked up Tree of Tranquility a couple years back and that didn't capture what Harvest Moon was to me. The last one I really enjoyed was Magical Melody, must've spent days running around getting all those damn notes. I believe my first was Back to Nature on PS2. Wonderful Life was really great. I remember really liking Save The Homeland and I hated that it ended the way that it did. The endings were good, I just didn't want it to end. The same goes for HM: Innocent Life. I think I'd have to say that one is my favourite just because it did something completely different from the rest of the games and worked. Never played the Rune Factory ones, though.

Stardew Valley, though, that looks goood. A mix between Harvest Moon and Terraria. Definitely picking that up.

RobertSilvermyst
Regular
Projects: Coming Home

#35 Post by RobertSilvermyst »

I love the Harvest Moon games. Personally though, my all-times favorites are the Rune Factory spin-offs. I enjoy the adventure element that's thrown in, giving you lots more to do and fleshes out an interesting storyline that gives your character more purpose.

My all-time favorite of the entire series is Rune Factory 3. Playing as a half-beast (Golden Wooly), you have a rather unique perspective on things with some hilarious dialogue at times. All of the characters are enjoyable, though some are confusing as hell (*cough*Sophia*cough*). I always go for Raven, Pia or Carmen.

StellarOrb
Regular
Projects: Dreams of Anabelle, Forget [not] That Flower, Murder Express, Libr
Organization: Stellar Orb

#36 Post by StellarOrb »

I've only played one Harvest Moon game: A Wonderful Life on Gamecube. After I married Celia, the game slowed down too much for me to keep playing.
\|/
<xox>
/|\
Keep it stellar.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#37 Post by Rinima »

My first was Harvest Moon Ds, and I was kinda hooked from that.

The ones I like:
DS
Tot
Island of Happiness
Tale of Two towns
Rune Factory Frontier

Ones I didn't like as much:
Magical Melody
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#38 Post by noeinan »

Hells yeah, Harvest Moon games! I'm also looking forward to Wild Season, which models itself on Harvest Moon but plans to include more adult stories and characters.

Some of my favorite HM games are:

Friends of Mineral Town (Karen!)
A Wonderful Life (Nami!)
Magical Melody (Alex/Azuma and Kurt!)

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#39 Post by Fungii »

I liked New Beginnings, A Wonderful Life and Animal Parade but to be honest Tale of Two Towns was absolute trash.

Papina
Completed: Black Diary
Organization: Azuneko Studio
Tumblr: azukineko
Deviantart: papina
Soundcloud: azunekop

#40 Post by Papina »

The best Harvest Moon game for me is Friends of Mineral Town. It was simple and just the right difficulty. I also love A Tale of Two Towns.

The worst ones for me were Harvest Moon DS and Island of Happiness. They made the game too complicated and tiring. Got bored with it pretty fast.

Starshine
Veteran
Completed: http://berry-melon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -2016.html
Projects: Pancake Surprise (2016)
Tumblr: http://bettybooplover.tumblr.com
Deviantart: berry-melon
Soundcloud: sweepea-1

#41 Post by Starshine »

The game concept is quite interesting and more or less "inspiring". Every game that has been released is different to the next, sometimes they have really interesting characters.

Example:

The Lost Valley looks unique... but i'd rather...

Play something like this Harest Moon connect a new land.

My only problems with the gaming series is that is becomes repetitive... in the end you have a child, but then where do you go from there? In previous games the said child grew up (Wonderful Life) but that feature was removed. Also they should think about more interaction between the characters and your wife or child, because from what is known is that it is a "sim" like game where you portray a farmer who is running a business, making your money, ect.
http://berry-melon.blogspot.com
I'm not resting until I find
What would make your eyes
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Boo-Boo I couldn't aspire....to anything...
Higher...than to fill that one desire to make it
My own....Bop-Bop-a-Dop-Boop-Oop-a-Doop honey?

AnoelDreamer
Regular
Projects: Harvest Moon: Meadow of Dreams

#42 Post by AnoelDreamer »

Harvest Moon is amazing! I love it so much I'm making a fan game!
Here's for the Work in Progress thread on this forum. Check my signature for the link to my thread on the Fogu forums.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Story of Seasons. The Lost Valley is OK, still fun but not as fun as actual Harvest Moon games.
Dunno who I'll marry yet in SoS. Likely Raeger or Klaus.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#43 Post by Akitsuki »

Oh! My first Harvest Moon game was More Friends at the Mineral Town! It was really popular among my friends at that time, so I started playing too. I'm so head over heels for Cliff!! My friends were all going for Gray though LOL. Even now, one of my best friends was bragging when she finally married all of the bachelors!

After that, my brother and I are so into Harvest Moon! We had The Grand Bazaar, Animal Parade, Tale of Two Towns, and A New Beginning. Actually I haven't finished any of them besides More Friends at the Mineral Town ^^;; For The Grand Bazaar, I went as far as marying Ivan, but not yet with the kid nor the successful bazaar. I also had married Chase in Animal Parade, but not yet completed with the bells and all. Tale of Two Towns, not even there. And A New Beginning! It was difficult at first, but I'm trying little by little.

I don't know if you count Rune Factory series as Harvest Moon, but I played them too! I totally enjoyed Rune Factory 3 (because it's the only one I've finished so far LOL) and I played Rune Factory 4 recently, but haven't finished it too for some reason. Will definitely pick it up again next time!

Keryee
Regular

#44 Post by Keryee »

Tale of Two Towns was the first one I ever played, and to be honest... okay, so it wasn't as great as any of the other games, but I still rather enjoyed it. Except that I never got beyond a single cow, and running over that insane hill was just... too much. Just... no. So that was interesting. Maybe the fact that I played it when I was 12 or 13 helps with the whole "nostalgia value" thing.

Story of Seasons and A New Beginning were much better, gameplay wise, and I really liked the art direction that SoS took.

fmjaye
Regular
Projects: Blackout City (webcomic)
Tumblr: fakemagicjaye

#45 Post by fmjaye »

Ah, I love Harvest Moon! *w* I've played the Friends of Mineral Town games & I have Story of Seasons. Nadi's kids are so cute (even though I haven't gotten them yet)! And so are the animals! Oh my gosh, the way the alpacas follow you around!? It just kills me. Talking about it, I want to go play it now...