Guilty Pleasure Anime

For the rest of your otaku life.
Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Guilty Pleasure Anime

#31 Post by Taleweaver »

Most recent find: Girls und Panzer.

So Japan is a little different than we know it, though just a little. Schools have become very competetive, regularly organizing tournaments in which their students show how good their respective clubs are in their activities. And among these activities, the most popular among girls are volleyball, calligraphy, ikebana and... tankery.

Tankery. The ancient Japanese art of driving tanks and doing battle using tanks. For sport, though. This isn't war. This is the very feminine art of using WW2 era war machinery and sure to make you popular with the boys.

If you think this is totally ridiculous, you're right. If you think this is hilarious, you're also right.

Girls und Panzer. You've got to watch it to believe it. I think this is the action comedy of the decade.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#32 Post by try10 »

Seikon no Qwaser!!! It's bad, really but I couldn't stop watching it. It's like I was brainwashed. How can a girl watch an anime where a guy ( shota)
sucks women breasts for super powers!?
:shock: :shock: I still can't believe that I've seen this and sadly, yes I would watch it again... :|

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#33 Post by LVUER »

Taleweaver wrote:Most recent find: Girls und Panzer.
It's one of my FAVORITE anime!!! I recommend this anime for everyone who loves moe girls (or girls doing moe stuff) and/or WW2 tanks.

One thing I can't stand about the anime is that one of the character mention this:
Boys just don't do tanks. It's weird.
Like WHAAAAATTT!? LOL, I know it's just a "joke" (^_^)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#34 Post by Taleweaver »

LVUER wrote:It's one of my FAVORITE anime!!! I recommend this anime for everyone who loves moe girls (or girls doing moe stuff) and/or WW2 tanks.
The really hilarious part is that in the world of Girls und Panzer, driving tanks is moe.
"Phew. After this battle, I totally smell of oil and diesel. I need to take a bath!"
"And after that?"
"Get back into my Panzer IV."
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

kelsaki
Regular
Projects: Maiden Iron

#35 Post by kelsaki »

Ummm... is hopefully not judged to much by this... Anyone ever watched Wallflower? >///< It is the one anime that hurt my face from laughing so much!

Wallflower is definitely number one but following would be several 'older' animes. Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha were some of my first animes :) Hakuoki and Hiiro no Kakera would be the current shamefuls.... blah I'll stop now :D

lemonokashi
Regular

#36 Post by lemonokashi »

Diabolik Lovers.... ;_; It's so bad that the title is even spelled wrong.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#37 Post by Rinima »

Naruto -.-
Don't judge me, it's how I got into anime.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#38 Post by LVUER »

Not an anime, but I always enjoys kids anime (especially the silent one since they cross the border of language) like Shaun the Sheep, Oscar Oasis, and then Ocaken, CoCoMong, Dong Dong, Pocoyo.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#39 Post by Laniessa »

Tag- wrote:Hmm, for me it would probably be the Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro anime
Oh my god, same. It's so ridiculous but it's so fun to watch ;u;

Ah, other guilty pleasures?

Bleach. It's a series that could have used some planning, but I still adore it. I kind of gloss over the flaws now |D

Code Geass, too. Something about the fulfillment you get when Lelouch acts like his usual OP self - yeah. Not a fan of the character designs and art style though - clamp fans please don't kill me

And, something a bit more recent: Devil Survivor 2. It's so bad. Like, really, really, reaaaaaally bad. And I love it. I would sing the opening song loudly at every episode - the one I remembered off my heart - and the ending song. I really enjoyed it, and it was gloriously horrible. (Seiji Kishi went on my director hate-list for ruining a series I was looking forward to, but yeah.)

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

#40 Post by Broodelin »

Sharm wrote:Toriko. It's all about a world where gluttony gives you super powers and everything is over sized and ridiculous and stereotypically shonen. I'm ashamed to admit that I watch it religiously. I can't even explain why I enjoy watching it.
I love Toriko without shame. It's so goshdarn manly and fun that I can't resist it.

But one of my guilty pleasures that I had when I watched anime regularly was Shugo Chara. It had cute designs, but that was about it. (Plus, I kind of hated the main love interest... what's-his-name something-or-other.)

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#41 Post by Cafechan »

Broodelin wrote:But one of my guilty pleasures that I had when I watched anime regularly was Shugo Chara. It had cute designs, but that was about it. (Plus, I kind of hated the main love interest... what's-his-name something-or-other.)
I have a history of hating the main love interest in shoujo anime/manga. They're always so unlikeable, at least to me. The cat boy was cuter ♥

(meekly) I've been watching Kamigami no Asobi because I have no PSP so I can't play the game............... It's so stupidly shameless, but I can't help be drawn to the idea of a world where a bunch of cute boys are all nice to a girl. Hahaha...

Broodelin
Regular

#42 Post by Broodelin »

Cafechan wrote: I have a history of hating the main love interest in shoujo anime/manga. They're always so unlikeable, at least to me. The cat boy was cuter ♥
It was the cat boy I hated. :?
Cafechan wrote:(meekly) I've been watching Kamigami no Asobi because I have no PSP so I can't play the game............... It's so stupidly shameless, but I can't help be drawn to the idea of a world where a bunch of cute boys are all nice to a girl. Hahaha...
OMG, an anime/game where all the love interests are nice to the main character?!

It's... /tears up/ all I ever wanted...

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#43 Post by Cafechan »

Broodelin wrote:
It was the cat boy I hated. :?
OH, oops. Well..... I never finished Shugo Chara anyway. LOL
OMG, an anime/game where all the love interests are nice to the main character?!

It's... /tears up/ all I ever wanted...
LMAO OKAY WELL, I meant to a girl specifically!! Men intimidate me a little in real life, so I think it might be why I like the reverse harem trope. It's nice to see a bunch of non-intimidating men all gathered in one place. (laughs)

Is there even such thing as an anime where everyone is mean to the main character? Aside from Urusei Yatsura, maybe... hahaha.

Broodelin
Regular

#44 Post by Broodelin »

Cafechan wrote: LMAO OKAY WELL, I meant to a girl specifically!! Men intimidate me a little in real life, so I think it might be why I like the reverse harem trope. It's nice to see a bunch of non-intimidating men all gathered in one place. (laughs)

Is there even such thing as an anime where everyone is mean to the main character? Aside from Urusei Yatsura, maybe... hahaha.
There's a couple that I know of, mostly gag manga like Urusei Yatsura.

That's why I like reverse harem in media too! Isn't it every girl's dream to have attractive people all attracted to them? :lol:

Well, every girl's dream besides mine. When I was a kid, I wanted nothing more than to be a professional wrestler or an MMA fighter...

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

#45 Post by MoonStar »

highschool of the dead is so bad in some aspects like so much fanservice and perv jokes/moments yet i cant get enough seeing where they go to oh and dont get me started on the nurse

highschool DxD i know its your average plot lame virgin perv guy meets hot girl gets superpower tho still a whinny pussy(not as much as shinji ikari tho) and gets his own harem but cant help of liking it so much and actually liking the plot and by plot i mean the story not "the plot" especially after season two

and last but not least dears chobits and sora no otoshimono i put all three here cuz all are same premise
is basically same as highschool of the dead/dxd + the aspect of how the girl is portrayed no dont jump on me i know there seen as the look on down on women but if you stop and think of the premise and how would they think also maybe cuz im also in to BDSM(dom) and know what its actually about and not what you think of it