Regular

Re: Guilty Pleasure Anime

#46 Post by Tyrantauranox »

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, for when I don't want to use the brain

SHiNKiROU
Regular

#47 Post by SHiNKiROU »

I watch them for cuteness: Sakura Trick (first few eps), Hidamari Sketch (going to watch) and Jewelpet Happiness (half way)
Jewelpet is for children but the good thing is that it has no fanservice nor stereotypes known to otakus.

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#48 Post by Shinoki »

Akuma no Riddle
It had its ups and downs. In the end, the character development was too rushed. There were a lot of random production errors. Weird ecchi spiderwoman moments.... Useless protagonist, seemingly. Baths scenes every episodes. A few things out of nowhere... But it was so enjoyable...

The manga is definitely better... Minakata-sensei and Kouga Yun :3

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#49 Post by kisa »

Ghost Hunt.
Just- oh my gosh... The writing+Dub is all... Ugh... But, Naru~<3
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

Holland
Regular
Projects: Lycoris: Their Journies [WIP], With or Without You [NaNo19]

#50 Post by Holland »

Mine're probably UtaPri and Ghost Stories (dub). UtaPri is done soo badly but somehow calls me back every time ; v ; (hint: I think it's the bishies and j-pop)

Ghost Stories is just terrible in every regard. The (second) dub is just beautiful, though. They chucked the script and re-wrote it with biting sarcasm, adult content, and American pop references... The original was just a group of elementary schoolers fighting demons. The dub? "What happens when a stupid little girl, her mentally handicapped little brother, a whiny Jewboy, a born-again lesbian Christian, and a perverted school boy join forces to fight against terrible puns evil ghosts!?" That said, the art and animation and everything about it is still horrid.

Edit: Just got reminded of Ghost Hunt. The manga was great, but the anime is just... yeah. I still rewatch it once or twice a year because it's one of my favorites no matter how bad it is xD

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#51 Post by kisa »

BarabiSama wrote:Mine're probably UtaPri and Ghost Stories (dub). UtaPri is done soo badly but somehow calls me back every time ; v ; (hint: I think it's the bishies and j-pop)

Ghost Stories is just terrible in every regard. The (second) dub is just beautiful, though. They chucked the script and re-wrote it with biting sarcasm, adult content, and American pop references... The original was just a group of elementary schoolers fighting demons. The dub? "What happens when a stupid little girl, her mentally handicapped little brother, a whiny Jewboy, a born-again lesbian Christian, and a perverted school boy join forces to fight against terrible puns evil ghosts!?" That said, the art and animation and everything about it is still horrid.

Edit: Just got reminded of Ghost Hunt. The manga was great, but the anime is just... yeah. I still rewatch it once or twice a year because it's one of my favorites no matter how bad it is xD
It's the one with the icon! Hello! *waves*
Yeah, I know Ghost stories as well... It's a bit too awful for me to count as something I'd rewatch for a guilty pleasure. X'D
Haven't actually read the manga for Ghost Hunt... Can't find it anywhere.
(8 3 8)/
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

Holland
Regular
Projects: Lycoris: Their Journies [WIP], With or Without You [NaNo19]

#52 Post by Holland »

kisa wrote:
BarabiSama wrote:
It's the one with the icon! Hello! *waves*
Yeah, I know Ghost stories as well... It's a bit too awful for me to count as something I'd rewatch for a guilty pleasure. X'D
Haven't actually read the manga for Ghost Hunt... Can't find it anywhere.
(8 3 8)/
Ello! :'3 *waves*
The dub is fun to rewatch, if not just for the Paula Dean jokes xD

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#53 Post by Laiska »

Queen's Blade. A thousand times Queen's Blade.

It is such, such trash that I can't help but be entertained. (And I won't play, some of the chicks are kind of hot... Even if the ones with creepy designs offset that.)

wererat42
Regular

#54 Post by wererat42 »

Symphogear
Cool character/mechsuit designs, fighting with themed musical accompaniment, over-the-top plot that hearkens back to early 90s anime, completely inexplicable stuff like a guy with no special powers punching a large bolder into dust... oh and yuri.

Was about to put Strike Witches, but I'm not really guilty about liking it, even with all the panty shots. The fact that young girls are flying around without pants while fighting aliens is treated like such a non-issue that you actually stop noticing it after a while. Literally no one in-setting ever stops to mention the lack of pants or acts like it's a big deal.

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#55 Post by Shinoki »

I just realized...
Day Break Illusion. It's trash. But the designs are epic. It's trash. But I love it so much. The story was interesting. The way it was executed, well, I guess people hate it. Guilty pleasure anime #2

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#56 Post by Aviala »

Oh god, I watch so much bad anime but it's just so damn good.

The most recent addition is Love Stage!! which is still airing. The art style is ugly and it features cross-dressing boys, stupid chibis and annoying effects. But somehow it's the only anime that I'm actually really excited about this summer. It's also much, much better than most BL animes I've watched but that doesn't mean it's any good. :''D

I really like Brave 10 even though the plot is awful and the female lead is the worst character I have ever seen.
HMM I also watched Okane ga Nai and it was awful but I somehow enjoyed it. I wouldn't watch it again, though...

So basically I watch really bad BL animes and I know they're really awful but somehow I end up liking them, haha.

MrDent
Projects: A Single Magnificent Ember
Organization: Brillig

#57 Post by MrDent »

The Umineko anime, without a single doubt. I love the VN, it's my absolute favorite of all time, but damn is the anime awful on every possible level. The writing was awful, the characterization was non-existent, the art-style was gross, the animation was beyond mediocre, the direction was terrible, and the lack of a second season makes it not even worth watching to the uninitiated. ...so why, why do I keep watching it? Why did I spend over 100 bucks on the special edition BDs? What is wrong with me, I know this is terrible, so why do I keep coming back to it? ...I think I just like the Visual Novel so much I'd be entertained by anything associated with it, and that's really pathetic.

Dragonstar89
Regular
Projects: TBA
Organization: Self
IRC Nick: dstar89
Deviantart: senpai-jake

#58 Post by Dragonstar89 »

Gantz...

The manga was great, the anime was shit but I still loved a lot about it. Mainly because (on the subject of anime) the main character actually portrays your average teenage mails - perverted, an asshole, who is annoying, loud, but deep down inside has some bone for responsibility and caring. It was like real life people were put in a weird fantasy situation, all inside of an anime.
Beginning pre-production work on a project in Renpy. After being away for 5 years, it's time to get back in the game 8)

Pooki
Tumblr: linkedhorizon

#59 Post by Pooki »

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne! Without a doubt, haha. I really liked it until the loli fiancée was introduced. It suddently got very very VERY bad after her appearance. It wasn't that good in the first place but it got even more embarrassing after that. If you like stupid jokes and harem you might enjoy the show as well.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#60 Post by Taleweaver »

New One: Kantai Collection.

It's an anime based on an online collectible cardgame. In said game, you collect Japanese warships from the WW2 era, and these ships are represented as beautiful moe girls. Small destroyers are cute fifth-graders, big destroyers are college girls, and their large guns are represented by... equally large assets.

In the anime series, all these girls are living together in a military academy, and while they still go into sea battles, everything mostly revolves around their private lives, especially regarding who's in love with who. Oh, and in the latest episode, the girls have a cook-off to determine who's able to make the best curry.

What. The. Flagship.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira