- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:38 am
- Location: Standing right behind you.
All three are really good and worth checking out.
Enjoy the drinks folks.
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:40 pm
- Tumblr: chibigissy
- Deviantart: Giss-chan
- Soundcloud: GissyEvaa
There VERY lesser known titles I know aaaaaarrrrre:
Di Gi Charat: I'm not too sure how many were around, during the time when it was more well-known but by the time I got into it, it became obscure. ;-; If you like Comedy, I say check it out!
Datetoko Princess - It's another comedy fantasy! Ah BOY, it can be funny, lol! I say check it out!! ^u^
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:46 pm
- Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
- Organization: Paper Parrot
- Tumblr: clysmian
- itch: clysmian
- Location: Gatineau
Senki Zesshou Symphogear is an anime series that is reminiscent of the magical girl genre, but uses a more technological twist with a mythological flavor. Humanity is threatened by the mysterious, alien-like Noise - monsters that disintegrate humans upon contact, but cannot be touched by modern weaponry. Enter the Symphogear system: Certain people are capable of using song to resonate with the power lying dormant in shards of ancient relics from mythology and folklore, and become clad in an armor known as a Symphogear, wielding weapons capable of defeating the Noise while simultaneously protecting the wearer from disintegration. Examples of such relics include Gungnir, Amenohabakiri and Ichaival.
Symphogear currently has three complete seasons of 13 episodes each, animated by Satelight. It was created by Noriyasu Agematsu of Elements Garden and Akifumi Kaneko, most known as the creator of the Wild ARMs video game series (as such, there are tons of callbacks to WA within Symphogear). The cast is principally (but not exclusively) female and the story relies on the power of friendship and the resolution of conflict through words. That doesn't stop it from having awesome fighting sequences, though. It also has a manga drawn by character designer Dan Yoshii; the first chapter serves as backstory and explains a lot about the setting, but the rest diverges from the anime in several aspects.
Some things to note:
- Symphogear was the creators' first attempt at creating an anime. A HUGE amount of work went into worldbuilding, but not everything could make it into the show proper. As such, the official website for each season has a section for keywords, which gives a more indepth look at the setting. However, this information is not easily accessible in English, so many non-Japanese viewers tend to regard it as a halfassed story. Fortunately, Zoid9000 has a blog containing many English translations not only for the keywords, but also for interviews and the like.
- There is some fanservice. The first season is pretty tame in that regard, but it was cranked up a bit in G (second season) and again in GX (third season). It's mostly boob jiggling and a few occasional awkward crotch shots (none of which are upskirt shots, mind you). It doesn't really detract from the plot that much, however.
- Seaons 4 and 5 have been announced last year and are currently in development.
- A mobile phone game named Symphogear XD Ultimate has also been announced and has a website.
- Some voice talents include Aoi Yuuki, Nana Mizuki and Ayahi Takagaki. Further seasons also include more well-established actors and some newcomers.
- The story is very much driven by music! If anison isn't your thing, you might as well skip over this.
- The first season aired in 2012. G aired in 2013, and GX in 2015. The first drafts of the project were made in 2007.
- Don't go in expecting real science and hard sci-fi, lol. They say pretty much right off the bat that the system employs a newly discovered (read: fictional) field of science.
- SUP I HEARD YOU LIKE REFERENCES TO ANCIENT SUMERIAN CIVILIZATION
- Good subs are hard to come by. The series is available on CrunchyRoll, but the subtitles tend to be REALLY inaccurate. If anyone would like to find better quality subs, just drop me a note and I'll hook you up.
... oops I rambled. SORRY
Users browsing this forum: No registered users